Little Rascals Coming To Blu-Ray!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AlmanacZinger, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Most of my home video releases were purchased at Amazon and just about all of them carry this (or a similar) disclaimer:

NOT AUTHORIZED FOR SALE OR RENTAL OUTSIDE THE USA

Amazon in the USA – and their overseas branches as well – also sell Warner Archive titles that Warner Archive themselves will not send outside the country (likely due to the legal constraints you mentioned).

And, even though Amazon is not allowing the new Our Gang blu-ray set to be pre-ordered to non-US addresses, I’d imagine that once the set is officially released, they won’t have any problem shipping them overseas.

The point I was making upthread is that I’d rather support Amazon (who will ship things to me) as opposed to directly from Classic Flix, which won’t.

2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

April 14, 2021 ClassicFlix Update

Little Rascal's
    Volume 1 Update

Thank you very much for your interest in and support of this vital project!

Today's update brings the great news that restorations on all 11 shorts in Volume 1 are in the can and being prepped for Blu-ray replication.

With restorations complete, we now plan to share more clips from Volume 1
    leading up to its release date. Below is our first such comparison (of BEAR SHOOTERS) which displays what the current DVD looks like, what the raw scan looked like and what our newly completed restoration looks like.

"Bear Shooters"
    (1930) Restoration comparison

In other news, while the restorations for
    Volume 1 have been completed, the extra time involved required us to push the release date back to June 1st. Orders placed for Volume 1 at ClassicFlix.com will likely ship earlier than June 1st as we expect stock around May 24th.

Your support of Volume 1 and Volume 2 are very much appreciated and an announcement on Volume 3 is likely in the next 30 days.

ClassicFlix - David

ShawnMcCann, Galley and Curveboy like this.
  3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

a ClassicFlix Update April 29, 2021
    Thank you for your support of this important project!

Volume 1 is in replication and even though the official street date is June 1st, we'll ship the set out early for those who have purchased at ClassicFlix.com (likely around May 20th).

Also, below is a restoration comparison of the 6th Our Gang sound short MOAN & GROAN, INC. (1929).

As can be seen, MOAN (like all the shorts in our upcoming set The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 1) has received a major restoration presenting a clean, sharp and stabilized image.

"Moan & Groan, Inc."
    (1929)

Your support of Volume 1 and Volume 2 are very much appreciated and an announcement on Volume 3 is likely in the next 30 days.

ClassicFlix

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  4. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

Trying to patiently wait for June 1st.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

May 4, 2021 ClassicFlix​

Today's update brings a restoration comparison for the 5th Our Gang sound short "Bouncing Babies" (1929).

Of the 11 films to be included in Volume 1
    we budgeted the most restoration man-hours for Babies due to the damage and deterioration of the nitrate film elements.

As seen in the comparison, the results are nothing short of spectacular.

Streeting on June 1st, pre-order your copy of "The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 1 today.

Orders placed at ClassicFlix.com will have their shipments go out well prior to street date (likely around May 20th).

ClassicFlix - David

ShawnMcCann, Curveboy and Jazzmonkie like this.
  6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

May 12, 2021 ClassicFlix​

Today's update brings a restoration comparison for the 7th Our Gang sound short...

"Shivering Shakespeare"
    (1930)​

Shivering Shakespeare was another challenging restoration in Volume 1, but as can seen in the comparison, the results stunning-- especially when compared to the current DVD.

ShawnMcCann, RayS, Curveboy and 2 others like this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

one thing for sure we are benefiting much on the new technology...

8. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

spectacular as they are, I for one prefer less of the hand of the restorer, and have grown comfortable with the specks and spots and scratches of vintage shows. It's like hearing a worn-down 78 record, and someplace through that a reminder of the past.

entropyfan and Jack Lord like this.
  9. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I’d rather hear and see movies and recordings as fresh as they were when released rather than washed out and decaying.

10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

yes and thank you to ClassicFlix for pursuing the release of these Classic shorts!

PhantomStranger and Jazzmonkie like this.
  11. GreggF

GreggF Forum Resident

12. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Just got my shipment notification email from ClassicFlix this morning for Volume 1. Cannot wait!!

longdist01, GreggF and Curveboy like this.
  13. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Same here...exited to see it.

SonicZone and longdist01 like this.
  14. Jazzmonkie

Me too!

SonicZone, longdist01 and Curveboy like this.
  15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Any word on the silents?!

16. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Well, my speculation was correct.

Unlike Classic Flix themselves, Amazon will ship the new blu-ray outside the USA (with international shipping at just a few pennies over $9).

longdist01 likes this.
  17. Michael

Hey David, I've bought this series over a half dozen times...spent a fortune...now, AGAIN I am buying the series by each single release...down the road after everyone bought the 8 or 9 separate releases ...AGAIN we'll see a complete box set with new found material...Hmmm, wanna bet?
    Can you guarantee that's not going to happen?
    this is just so tiring for the Little Rascals fan.

rod likes this.
  18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

we all hope one day!

Scope J likes this.
  19. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident

This is great that a classic is getting a fresh release! Much better tv than the trashy crap junk that's on today. I was happy when I finally gotten the Three Stooges DVD set complete and uncut because I got sick and tired of the episodes being edited, omitted and butchered up on TV.

I dont get though why studios back then used nitrate, being such a flammable material for their film stock? Otherwise im sure a lot of material that were destroyed from fire would have been saved.

Hopefully I can find a way to order this collection soon!

longdist01 likes this.
  20. GreggF

GreggF Forum Resident

21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

longdist01 and GreggF like this.
  22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

all good to hear!

23. Michael

is there a projected time when they will be finished releasing the 7 or 8 BD sets?

24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

By next Spring/Summer 2022 I certainly hope - if not sooner!

Michael likes this.
  25. Jazzmonkie

I think a lot of it depends on the kickstarter results. They originally tried to do more for the first release but the pledges weren't there. They didn't meet the minimum.

longdist01 and Michael like this.