Why '___________ ' Is The Worst Rolling Stones Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wildest cat from montana, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Agreed...far from my favorite Stones album but a great title track.

2. GoatsHeadSoup

GoatsHeadSoup Forum Resident

Voodoo Lounge is top ten Stones actually.

Sean, MRamble and Spastica like this.
  3. 'Some people' would be wrong. :winkgrin:

joy stinson likes this.
  4. craymcla

craymcla Forum Resident

Black and Blue for me. I just didn't like the stylist direction it went in at all.

I've always liked Voodoo Lounge, though. If you haven't heard the outtake of Keith singing "Love Is Strong", you're missing a lot. Keith's version is scary and menacing. It sounds kind of like he's singing it to the girl tied up in the basement.

5. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I haven't listened to anything after Dirty Work.... but based on all the albums up to that point.... there's nothing I dislike.

I like Dirty Work, Undercover, Emotional Rescue.... I like the debut, and the albums up through Out Of Our Heads ... I like Satanic Majesties ......
    I pretty much lover everything else...

I guess if I need to pick something - Got Live If You Want It.... I only say that because I obviously haven't listened to it much, so it mustn't have got my attention... all the others have had a good amount of spins over the years.

6. KeninDC

KeninDC Hazy Cosmic Jive

I love Undercover. Total 80s MTV studio wizardry effects excess. Did Steve Stevens join the band? Sly and Robbie on the dub versions. Love it and its sleazy cover. Stickers!

I also love Emotional Rescue. Anyone who lists it as their worst will be trampled by my fine Arab chaaaaaarger.

7. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

You can say that again!

8. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Cool hand luke and JulesRules like this.
  9. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

I'm going with the standard 'nothing after Tattoo You. Before that, I can hang with most any Stones album though some are definitely better than others.

joy stinson likes this.
  10. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Odd band for me, The Stones. I haven't heard many of their albums but the ones I know tend to be decent enough without being earth shattering.

I suppose the one that has the biggest percentage of songs I don't really like, is Let It Bleed but even that one is okay.

11. A Bigger Bang. By far.

12. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

See this is where a thread like this just becomes a list of Stones albums.
    I’m sure somewhere along the line here someone is going to say “Let It Bleed” is the worst Stones album -just to say it.

carlwm likes this.
  13. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Agree with you about Voodoo>Some Girls. SG is their most overrated album, as far as I'm concerned.

Emotional Rescue is pretty lousy but is generally really fun and almost every track is both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious. Babylon is a Top 5 for me - that to me is their late career masterpiece.

I'm gonna go with A Bigger Bang. Some good songs, one or two great songs, and a whole lot of mediocre and flat-out boring.

14. DME1061

DME1061 Forum Resident

I would say that Dirty Work and Bridges to Babylon are my least favorite. But I find enough good songs on each to like them. Played both last year and enjoyed listening to both after not hearing them in a while.

15. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I like guys who always say "close the thread". Like theirs is the only opinion that matters.:thumbsdow

Power Windows, ARK and Bluepicasso like this.
  16. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Some Girls, Tattoo You or Bigger Bang....none are great to be frank .

17. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Undercover--Never did a lot for me....Never dug the song either
    Quite like Voodoo Lounge--but I could of gone a lifetime without hearing Mick sing "You make me hard"...Never liked that single and it goes a long ways toward ruining the album.. Like a lot everything else and particularly "Out of tears"..
    Haven't listened to Bridges or Blue & Lonesome enough to have strong opinions

18. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

The "guys" like me who say that understand forum rules.

All Down The Line likes this.
  19. Dog Ear

Dog Ear The 2nd Protects The 1st

I agree with SG being overrated. Picked up a SG cd several years back with a companion cd of unused/unfinished songs. I swear the stuff on the cutting room floor was superior to the album itself.

20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Here’s what a lot of folks seem to be missing:

Just because you call an album the worst by a band doesn’t mean it isn’t still enjoyable or even a bad album. It just means that if you stack them all up, there is going to be one on top, one on bottom, and a bunch in the middle somewhere.

All “worst” means is “which one is on the bottom” of your Stones Tower of Preference. You might consider them ALLL A-level albums—you still have a “worst” in there.

That said: Dirty Work

21. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Well, Jamming With Edward is a terrible record but it's not a Rolling Stones album.

22. Spastica

Spastica Run aground on the floor for you....

The problem with Voodoo Lounge is its length. It's simply too long. Half killer, half filler.

Love Is Strong
    You Got Me Rocking
    Sparks Will Fly
    Out of Tears
    The Worst
    Out of Tears
    Blinded By Rainbows
    Baby Break It Down
    Thru and Thru

That's all it really needs. A few other decent tracks that should've been used as B sides.

23. blivet

blivet Forum Resident

I'm a big fan of the group, and Some Girls is a weird one for me. I don't think I would call it their worst album, but there isn't a single track on it that I have the slightest desire to hear again. If it had never existed it wouldn't affect my opinion of the band in the slightest, or it might even nudge it up a bit.

I can say the same about a few of their other records too, but the others are all latter-day releases that most people aren't that thrilled with either. Some Girls is the anomaly, because I get the impression that most fans put it right up there with the Big Four.

24. blivet

blivet Forum Resident

"I hope you spend longer listening to this record than we did recording it."

25. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

yeah I was going to say whatever album Keith isn't on, just as a joke, then remembered Keith is not on 'Edward'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.