Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I go the PO several times a week and the UPS store is right on the way. No effort on my part to drop the album back into the bag it came in and send it on a journey to a new home at Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Satisfaction? No. I'd simply want the album subject to said purchase agreement to be delivered to me unscathed.

Then again, this has never happened to me. I've had one album shipped to me with a label affixed. Kept it because it was not damaged. So please don't paint me as one who gets satisfaction in sticking to Amazon. They do a lot right but when they fail and damaged product is the result, they should be held accountable.

[​IMG]

Walt, slipkid, Davidmk5 and 5 others like this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Not overly concerned, I rarely return to Amazon.

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

In my experience, it has been case it will come with plastic foam with your multiple items.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

This is my concern. The actual return process is not a big deal for me. I have a UPS drop box right by the house. This is my fourth or fifth record return in the past couple of months. I don't really want these returns affecting my acount.

latheofheaven, Davidmk5 and SJP like this.
  5. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

There’s one of those Bins to Bargains to Bins (or whatever it’s called) places near me. Hopefully,
    all these albums being returned to Amazon will be shipped to the local store and I’ll pick them up for
    $2. I ain’t proud!!!
    :)

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Maybe we should change the name of this thread to the "Amazon bag sale"

7. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

Any idea when next 3 for 2 sale will be? I know they usually do it around same time as Walmart or target

8. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

Some things are just futile. Life is too short for this.

[​IMG]

9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I wanted to thank you for posting this , i knew that email Existed but didn't even think of using it , after being on Amazon chat with customer service after receiving my 3rd Damaged lp in a bag , i figured i'd send photos over & an Explanation of what's going on & letting them know a LOT of people have been getting their lp's like this .

I received a phone call from his office yesterday but o was not home , i did receive an email though after that , letting me know they put out a bulletin to stop doing this , they called my warehouse To tell them to send me one packed properly & also gave me a $25 Gift card on my account .

Today i got my Lp , it was loose in a box with air pillows but it made it safe !! .................... so thank you ! #4 was the one & they assure me this won't be happening anymore ................. Time will tell .

Customer chat had everything screwed up yesterday , i went to the UPS store to return the 3 defective lps , the code they gave me was good for ONE return so they only accepted that one , they eventually told me to keep the other 2 Damaged one's all while the chat guy is trying to tell me this has happened (Damaged lps) as i don't have any instructions where to leave packages at my house ) but at least i have my lp now , what a ride ! :agree:

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sorry, I should have said I'd keep ordering and returning until they figured out how to get it right...and call Jeff Bezos.

Apparently being persistent works as evidenced above.

11. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I sure hope they do put out a bulletin, but I'm not holding my breath. Today I received 2 lps in the baggie, but they were in mailers inside the baggie. They survived. I think the issue is printed right on the baggie. It says 'This packaging is LIGHTER THAN our smallest box.'

This is most likely a weight cost issue. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm skeptical they stop using the baggie anytime soon. They can save plenty of money on shipping, gas, truck space, etc. They'll eat the returns and just resell them at a discount in the warehouse deals.

latheofheaven and Davidmk5 like this.
  12. Dude, you really need a cell phone. I mean, that was Jeff Bezos calling and you weren’t home!

:D

13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

:laugh::laugh:

Yeh , they have my home # but not my cell :bdance:

latheofheaven, Shawn and hutlock like this.
  14. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

It's tough to top that Pole shout-out. Insta-buy for me at that price ...

Best stuff I could find:

1) Martin Barre (Jethro Tull's guitarist, natch) 'Rarities' live 1996 songs on Purple Pyramid for $13.29 Prime
    https://www.amazon.com/Rarities-Crystal-Clear-Vinyl-Martin/dp/B08FD2YVC6

2) Free Design 'Heaven / Earth', sunshine pop reissue, this seems to be a Spanish 2020 reissue but I'm not 100% sure, $12.99 Prime
    https://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Earth-Free-Design/dp/B0000DF5UZ

3) William Hooker avant-jazz 'Symphony Of Flowers', $13.59 Prime
    https://www.amazon.com/Symphonie-Flowers-William-Hooker/dp/B07Y98NY4C

4) Mark McGuire from 80's electronica band Emerald Web, Christmas LP from 2019: $10.94 Prime, quite pretty
    https://www.amazon.com/Do-You-Hear-What/dp/B07Z75QZPS

4) Diamond Dogs from Sweden, they've been around 30 years now - their 'odds n sods' album 'Weekend Monster' with politcally-incorrect cover art, $13.60 Prime.
    https://www.amazon.com/Weekend-Monster-DIAMOND-DOGS/dp/B08BF2PF3F

Video from the Diamond Dogs LP, it's fun:

15. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

That's actually a good point, I hadn't thought of that...

I just received the White Bag of Death. And no, I'm not referring to a questionable part of @hutlock 's anatomy. It was the Friday Music release of the live Santana / Buddy Miles album. Thankfully it did not appear to be damaged. Bullet dodged... :sweating:

16. latheofheaven

WOW! Bloody amazing Bro! :righton:

17. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

This comment made me spit out my coffee.
    Hahahahaha.

18. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

19. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Hutlock, you are including a third-party referral code in your Amazon links (everything after the ....XDL7 can be deleted and the link still works).

Perhaps that's the reason your post was removed?

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

No, The Gorts told me why and that wasn’t it. I just used the link button right on the Amazon product page though... weird that it shows up as 3rd party when I grabbed it straight from them? Does it always do that?!

21. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I have been interested in this side-conversation about awful Amazon packaging of LPs, but I found a different thread that is more on-topic, so I contributed some photos over there of my better experiences receiving Amazon LPs in recent years. I've never, in my memory, gotten one wrapped in a white bag, as others have. I wonder if my local Amazon warehouse has better policies and practices compared to other warehouses?

Amazon US LP packaging

mrjinks, SJP, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  23. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I had one record that got the "white bag" treatment. The replacements (tried twice) also came in the same white bag. So either (as others have mentioned) the records are already prepared this way before they get to the Amazon distribution center, or the particular distribution center that the record is housed at is packaging them the same way.

I gave up after my third one and just said F*** It, I don't need this record.:laugh:

24. latheofheaven

Well, since the other fellow seemed to receive a good response from his e'mail, I went ahead and sent one just now:

To: [email protected]

Subject: Proper Packaging for Vinyl Records...

Hello! I've been a Prime customer for many years. I've ordered scores of vinyl albums. Up until recently, they have always come PROPERLY packaged in a sturdy, cardboard record box. They have always arrived safely.

... Until Now...

Now (and there have been MANY complaints on the Steve Hoffman Forums Amazon thread) the albums seem always to come COMPLETELY UNPROTECTED in a 'white plastic bag' with almost always some damage resulting. On the Amazon thread at SHF, there have been many, many MULTIPLE returns for this.

PLEASE consider going back to the very obviously proper cardboard record box packaging. Clearly, sending out hundreds of fragile, delicate vinyl records in these flimsy plastic bags will only result in a FLOOD of returns to you, which I would guess you have noticed by now. I know that this might cut into your $50 Billion bottom line, but constantly receiving damaged records is NOT acceptable.

Thank you kindly for your attention to this matter!

Jaime.

Grootna, Lethrus, mrjinks and 6 others like this.
  25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I don't think they are prepared that way (at least not in my case) My lps has an amazon warehouse sticker/Barcode on the back of the lp that i'm guessing they scam then package it & each plastic shipping bag i had didn't have any Identifying codes on them , the Barcode stickers they did have were all different even though they were all the same lp , so it has to be the Different distribution centers ?
    hopefully word is getting out not to do this anymore .

neubian and latheofheaven like this.