Considering a Vintage SS Receiver- my findings

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by allied333, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allied333

allied333 Audiophile Thread Starter

My Allied 395 makes a huge soundstage, speakers disappear and there is a lot of air plus more sparkle than one wants with the treble turned too high. How do you know what it sounds like and I have an audiophile quality system to compare. Your rebuilder apparently does not use best parts. Many rebuilders can be clueless. You cannot be more wrong, so again stop misinforming others. You are doing others a disservice by surmising my receiver performance. In stock form it did not have any soundstage and could not project the soundstage beyond the speakers edges. But, IT WAS STOCK stupid.
    There is no difference in a 1970s amplifier and todays amplifiers. Transistors may be a little more quiet now, but that does not make older transistors noisy. New amps use best parts and best parts can be installed in vintage receivers. New amp power supplies are not better than an upgraded vintage receiver power supply. The technology is not new with new amps, same as 1970s design. SO, TELL ME WHAT THE DIFFERNCE IS! Boy, you are ignorant and know nothing about rebuilding. I am done with your continued non-sense (BS).

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    MrMarty likes this.
  2. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

If I had Revel Performa M22 Speakers I would make them disappear too!! LOL Those speakers are like 15 years old.... Put em out at the Curb already!! You remind me of a Catfish in a Fish Tank. He has no idea why all the other fish are Clamoring for the Brine Shrimp on top of the tank. He's more than satisfied eating everybody else's waste at the bottom of the tank and is totally content. :)

3. allied333

More BS from this person folks. Revel has not been able to build a better mid-bass speaker and use the same today as installed in the M22 fifteen years ago. That mid-bass driver starts at $4K in new Revel speakers. You also think Revel are idiots like myself? Your ego is beyond belief. Unreal, you are grossly misinformed. Stop embarrassing yourself here. Others are seeing thru you, you know, and you are losing creditability.

4. Billion$Baby

Yea Yea Yea.... so you can make a Onkyo 2500 sound better than a stock 8500?? Then why don't you just buy the 8500 and completely restore that instead of wasting your time with the bottom feeding 2500? I know the answer...

REVEL has changed ownership probably 3 Times since the M22 came out. Its not the same company. Its part of a conglomerate now.

If I wanted to embarrass myself I would post your "system" in my Profile.

5. allied333

They are using the same driver despite changing owners- hello. What does new owners have to do with the speaker design? Apparently folks, you are not an audiophile unless you have a $100K system that this jerk has bragged about owning. I guess most of us here on the forum are 'bottom feeders' as he stated I am. Again, your ego is ridiculous. Now, you are really making a fool out of yourself.

BTW- I am awaiting your reply regarding why new amplifiers are superior in design after a vintage receiver upgrade?

MrMarty likes this.
  6. Alright4now

Alright4now Forum Resident

This weekend, I invited some buddies over and we smoked a buncha weed and cranked Black Sabbath's Vol 4 and Pink Floyd's Obscured by Clouds on my McIntosh C-33 preamp/McIntosh MC2105 power amp combo. The C-33 was in production from 81-85. The MC2105 was in production from 67-77.

The music sounded absolutely fantastic and we all had a great time just listening to music. Vintage solid state rules.

PooreBoy and timind like this.
  7. VintageVibe

VintageVibe Forum Resident

Oh, there are. Meet the original "Monster" receiver. The Pioneer SX-1010. I had this bad boy professionally recapped last year.

[​IMG]

MrMarty and c-eling like this.
  8. Billion$Baby

I don't brag about my gear at all. I just list what I have....it speaks for itself....just like yours does.

So what about the 8500? Why aren't you going after that one instead of the lowliest of the line? Answer the question.

NOBODY on any Audiophile site (Do a google search) is Bragging about your M22's or their midrange capabilities. Yea Im sure you think they are right up there with Falcon/Harbeth/Proac/Graham/JM Reynaud speakers. LOL Toss Em!!

9. allied333

Billion$baby thinks you and your buddies are 'bottom feeders' and not audiophiles

Alright4now likes this.
  10. allied333

The TX-8500 uses same parts except larger power transistors and a larger power supply. Besides being louder, there is no difference. What's wrong with you.

timind likes this.
  11. Alright4now

Alright4now Forum Resident

Possibly.

But we did comment on the wide soundstage and the clarity of the guitars. Does that count as certified audiophile conversation?

MrMarty likes this.
  12. allied333

Of course. I am not billion$baby.

MrMarty likes this.
  13. timind

timind phorum rezident

Or was it the weed?

MrMarty and Alright4now like this.
  14. Billion$Baby

What a wuss. Need people to back you up so you make false allegations. Im talking to YOU and only you. The 8500 sounds NOTHING like the 2500 or 4500. You just proved to me your completely ignorant. So the Pioneer 535/636 sound exactly the same as the 939/1010?? The SX-650 Sounds like the SX-1250?? I can go on forever with any brand comparison. The Fact is you don't have the dough to shell out to acquire the 8500 if you were honest.

MrMarty likes this.
  15. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

If we can't play nicely, why have a thread at all?

OC Zed, macster and timind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.