Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Oh man... seems to be gone now? I was so ready to grab it :( Thanks!

2. culabula

culabula Unread author.

My apologies. I think I saw “last one” when I grabbed it.

Arknine and myles like this.
  3. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

Someone has got to get the last one - good work!

Arknine likes this.
  4. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

I have to set up some kind of alert for when @Arknine posts something in this thread :D

5. myles

*'Ive PMed him my mobile number!

*I haven't....

Mr Shing-A-Ling and Arknine like this.
  6. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Ahah enjoy it :)

7. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Morricone
    Lounge
    x2 Lp
    £16
    music on vinyl pressing (was £30:when released last year)

https://amzn.to/3tn5MNJ

think it is this

Lounge: Limited Edition Gatefold Solid Orange Vinyl

180 gram audiophile vinyl PVC protective sleeve Gatefold sleeve with velvet spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside 4-page insert A selection of defining Morricone songs, featured in classic movies and series “Veruschka”, “Slalom”, “Alibi”, “Violent City”, “Machine Gun McCain”, and many more Liner notes by Claudio Fuiano Part three of the Morricone Themes collection The spines of the five titles form one image together More information about the series on www.morriconeonvinyl.com Limited edition of 3000 individually numbered copies on solid orange vinyl

8. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

myles likes this.
  9. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

myles likes this.
  10. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Nice, glad this was posted, i was offline and saw this on facebook, I love the Late night tales collections, i have most if not all of them on cd..............including this one but for £12 for a double, hell why not.

Thoroughly recommend the rest of the series, have seen a few drop in price on vinyk, i assume most people (like me) tend to buy these on cd but i'm up for vinyl if prices drop this low.

11. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Sarah Vaughan
    Sings Soulfully
    Pure Pleasure
    AAA
    £13

https://amzn.to/3ts7M7o

I bought one, one left....

ASIN says Roulette on UK, but Pure Pleasure on US

vinyl

.....Sarah Sings Soulfully would make a worthy addition to any audiophile's music collection. Sarah Sings Soulfully marks Vaughn's last effort for Roulette before returning to the Mercury fold. Vaughn, capably backed by the likes of Teddy Edwards, performs several standards including "Round Midnight," one of the most recorded jazz pieces, "Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out," the Julie Styne and Sammy Cahn piece made famous by Frank Sinatra as well as "A Taste of Honey," the piece made famous by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass in ‘65. With the possible exception of "Round Midnight,"Vaughn is not quite as melodramatic on Sarah Sings Soulfully as with her other recordings.

Mastered by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios, Sarah Sings Soulfully possesses a huge soundstage and tremendous instrumental separation. Overall the recording has a club-like perspective though there's little in the way of ambience. Vaughn's voice is closely mic'ed, and, is as typical for many recordings of this era, awash in reverb. Compared to the Roulette issue, the Pure Pleasure release is edgier and more electronic (solid-state?) sounding and less three-dimensional. Surfaces are a totally different story. Original Roulettes must have been pressed on cheap or recycled vinyl; to a tee, they sosund murky and veiled with noise riding atop the music. By comparison, the Pure Pleasure reissue is far quieter and transparent, thus leaving the listener to concentrate more on the music at hand.

12. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

£45.99 when I clicked on the link :-(

13. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Sorry, I usually snag one, and if there’s one or more left then I share…. But they were there!

imgur.com

…..maybe when I buy one the pricing algorithm increases the price on remaining stock…..
    might need to see if that’s the case and wait a little more time before posting….
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Mr Shing-A-Ling and myles like this.
  14. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I normally try to post a screen grab of the item and price after I've bought one, or if I haven't. That at least shows the price currently available. Still can't stop it going up though!

15. myles

You snag away, how could we hold it against you?!

16. Petter Premberg

I think it's quite normal that these go quick. Amazon themselves don't seem to sell labels like Pure Pleasure (hence, as far as I have understood it, their pricing algorithm wouldn't kick in on these titles), and third party sellers won't have time off stock, usually just a few copies. So when they sell Sarah Vaughan for £13 or that Sonny Rollins one for £17, I would expect those to go quick, probably minutes if it's just one left.

If anyone, there's another Vaughan on for £18, Snowbound: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064U6OWI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_NNHHBFAMW2N94F978FSQ

Bit different, lots of strings, harp etc. Not my style personally but terrific vocal performance, as you would expect.

Arknine likes this.
  17. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

I’ve been tracking the Snowbound, reckon it will drift to less than £15, unless someone snaps it up!!! There is only one (I think)... so if you want it , move fast!

18. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

I think most of the ones I’ve picked up in that’s 30 days have all been sold direct from Amazon UK.
    Have picked up Chet Baker, Gil Evans, Billie Holiday, Lee Konitz, Sonny Rollins , Sarah Vaughan, and some Blues, all Pure Pleasure and less than £18 (even the Chet Baker&Crew which is a double) . Haven’t shared most as there weren’t multiples available.

You can see the price drift down daily from c. £26ish on average and if you can hold your nerve pick them up cheaply. Sometimes they get sniped early.

19. Petter Premberg

Oh interesting, damn that's an incredible haul!

I'm quite sure the Rollins you posted here (What's New?) was from a third party though? I remember seeing it in the list of buying options for the price you had posted, but when I clicked to buy it was gone. So close! But I do see some that are actually sold by Amazon, so I was off anyway

20. Almost Simon

21. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Tubby Hayes

Modes and Blues: 8th February 1964
    Live At Ronnie Scott's
    Gearbox Label (usually AAA/HQ pressings)
    £15
    https://amzn.to/3nY8CYM

Live at the Hopbine
    Gearbox
    £20
    https://amzn.to/3b6XNyk

Complete Fontana Albums (11 lp)
    Gearbox
    £133
    https://amzn.to/3ertzbl

I picked up the complete Fontana set from Rough trade for £90 plus £25 shipping .... still a bargain at £133 with Prime shipping

review Tubby Hayes: The Fontana Albums (1961-69) Universal/Decca 2019

Tubby Hayes Quintet - Vinyl LP

22. Petter Premberg

@Swann36 some Tubby Hayes up in here if you don't have ;)

23. Almost Simon

Gavaxeman and myles like this.
  24. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Roscoe Mitchell
    Discussions
    x2LP
    £10

https://amzn.to/3vQud7Z

Five decades since co-founding the Art Ensemble of Chicago, the pioneering saxophonist offers innovative fusions of composition and improvisation on a rare album for large ensemble
    Roscoe Mitchell: Discussions

25. myles

Nabbed with thanks!

Arknine likes this.