Layla Revisited: Tedeschi Trucks Band; 3LP/2CD sets

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RiRiIII, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident Thread Starter

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Joti Cover, MYQ1, longdist01 and 14 others like this.
  2. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

They played an incredible set! I hope this will also be released on Blu-ray.

Joti Cover, supermd, MYQ1 and 7 others like this.
  3. Mike Dow

4. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Mean Old World would've been a cool encore.

5. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Forum Resident

They had frequently played songs from it during their shows so I was looking forward to them one day performing the entire album. Glad to see it is getting a release.

6. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

I will get this. Thanks for the info!

longdist01 and linklinc like this.
  7. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Would be nice if they added a studio "Thorn Tree" since they didn't play it live. Either way, I'm in.

8. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

It's listed as the last track!

9. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Fantastic news indeed!!! Will be a 2021 highlight for me for sure. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!

PRE-ORDER: Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN') – Tedeschi Trucks Band

Mail i received from the TTB:

Tedeschi Trucks Band featuring
    Trey Anastasio - Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN')

Introducing Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN’), a 2-CD, 3-LP live album of an instant classic concert, with Tedeschi Trucks Band joined by special guests Trey Anastasio and Doyle Bramhall II for a top-to-bottom performance of the classic Derek and the Dominos album Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, live at LOCKN' Festival on August 24, 2019. Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN') will be released everywhere by Fantasy Records on July 16.

Through many months of careful listening and mixing, the album's producers Derek Trucks, Bobby Tis and Brian Speiser crafted a pristine-sounding album befitting of such a monumental performance. To cap off the album, Derek and Susan decided to complete the song cycle with a beautiful studio duo performance of “Thorn Tree In The Garden," the one track left out of the live performance. The album also features liner notes penned by Derek Trucks for the first time.

Please note that due to worldwide vinyl production issues, only the black vinyl will ship on street date. All color vinyl will not ship until the end of August at the earliest. The TTB Store will have an exclusive color available for pre-order soon. Barnes & Nobles has an opaque violet pressing, and indie record stores have a cobalt blue pressing. Pre-order info for those variants and for all formats and platforms is available at found.ee/TTBLaylaRevisited.

10. ABBDutchFan

Holy crap !!! WTF?

"Currently, vinyl stock worldwide is extremely limited. Please stay tuned as we await word on re-stock availability. A one-day sneak peek announcement of Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN') through the Swamp Family Fan Club depleted our initial confirmed inventory. As soon as we know when we can replace it, we’ll make it available for sale again.

All Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN') items are in pre-order status.

Our warehouse will begin shipping pre-orders on or around release date, Friday, July 16, 2021. "

11. linklinc

linklinc Forum Resident

Great news! And right after they just added some tour dates too! Double whammy!

I remember seeing them in Syracuse & they'd apparently just started doing "Keep On Growin'". It knocked my socks off!! Saw them 2 other shows that tour & every time they did it it was just out of this world!

Very excited for this!! Bodes well for the set list for this next tour too I'd guess...

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    longdist01 likes this.
  12. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

Using a bit of internet and computer technology I made my own version of this record a couple years ago. Those I shared with friends were very well received because every track on it is a joy to behold. I still play it regularly. I'm delighted to have a full res, professional version to add to the shelf.

vegafleet and Bossyman like this.
  13. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

14. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Yeah, this should be good! Unfortunately, this is an audio only release but no Blu-ray coming (confirmed by the band on Facebook). I would’ve also loved to have this as concert film.

longdist01 and downer like this.
  15. ABBDutchFan

Let's keep this thread alive. One of the best live bands on the planet and this concert itself was out of this world!

Some more info:

The Tedeschi Trucks Band are to release a live album set in July. Layla Revisited (Live At Lockin') was recorded on August 24, 2019 at the Lockin' Festival in Arrington, VA, during the second of two sets performed by the band.

The band's set was an unexpected run-through of Derek And The Dominos' classic album Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, which was originally released on November 14 1970, the day Susan Tedeschi was born. The musicians were joined onstage by Phish mainman Trey Anastasio and guitarist Doyle Bramhall II, who's previously collaborated on several albums with Derek & The Dominos man Eric Clapton.

Derek Trucks, who was named after Clapton's band, plays a 1957 Gibson Goldtop guitar on the album, an instrument that's just one serial number away from the same model played on the original recording by the Allman Brothers Band's Duane Allman.

“By the time that I started playing guitar, the sound of Duane Allman’s slide was almost an obsession,” says Trucks. “His playing on Layla is still one of the high-water marks for me. The spirit, the joy, the recklessness, and the inevitability of it. My dad would play that record for me and my brother to fall asleep to and further sear it into my DNA."

The album, which ends with a studio version of Thorn Tree In The Garden recorded by Trucks and Tedeschi, will be released on CD, triple vinyl, and as high-quality 24-bit, 192kHz digital files. It's released on June 11, but is available to pre-order now.

Next month, Tedeschi Trucks Band are due to embark on their Fireside Live tour, a series of COVID-compliant shows at reduced-capacity outdoor amphitheaters, drive-ins, and pod set-ups. Full dates below.

Tedeschi Trucks Band Fireside Live tour dates
    Jun 11: Jacksonville Daily’s Place Amphitheater, FL
    Jun 12: Jacksonville Daily’s Place Amphitheater, FL
    Jun 15: Brandon Brandon Amphitheater, MS
    Jun 16: Orange Beach The Wharf Amphitheater, AL
    Jun 18: Huntsville Von Braun Center, AL
    Jun 19: Murfreesboro Hop Springs Brew Park, TN
    Jun 20: Murfreesboro Hop Springs Brew Park, TN
    Jun 22: Winston-Salem The Drive, NC
    Jun 24: N. Charleston The Bend, SC
    Jun 25: N. Charleston The Bend, SC
    Jun 26: Columbia Columbia Speedway Entertainment Center, SC
    Jul 01: Frederick Showtime at the Drive-In, MD
    Jul 02: Frederick Showtime at the Drive-In, MD
    Jul 03: Frederick Showtime at the Drive-In, MD
    Jul 06: New Haven Westville Music Bowl, CT
    Jul 07: New Haven Westville Music Bowl, CT
    Jul 09: Lafayette Apple Valley Park, NY
    Jul 10: Lafayette Apple Valley Park, NY
    Jul 11: Lafayette Apple Valley Park, NY
    Jul 13: Ridgefield Playhouse Outdoor Stage, CT
    Jul 14: Ridgefield Playhouse Outdoor Stage, CT
    Jul 16: Gilford Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion, NH
    Jul 17: Gilford Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion, NH
    Jul 18: Elmer Appel Farm Arts & Music Center, NJ
    Jul 20: Eatontown Concerts on the Green, NJ
    Jul 21: Eatontown Concerts on the Green, NJ
    Jul 23: Shelburne The Green at Shelburne Museum, VT
    Jul 24: Martha’s Vineyard Beach Road Weekend Festival, MA
    Jul 30: Morrison Red Rocks, CO
    Jul 31: Morrison Red Rocks, CO

Tickets are on sale now.

16. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Psyched... really looking forward to this!

17. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I am so looking forward to this as I've carefully avoided watching and/or hearing
    the concert on-line! Funny, though, some months back Derek & Susan teased us
    on Twitter by saying that the `Mad Dogs & Englishmen' tribute show was going
    to be issued. Instead we get this. Not that I'm complaining.

Skydog7 likes this.
  18. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

I see both the CD and vinyl versions are already Amazon bestsellers on pre-order!

RiRiIII likes this.
  19. Yankeefan01

Yankeefan01 Forum Resident

That was a great show. They had it up on YouTube for a while. Very surprising that they didn't release a video of it.

longdist01, Vic_1957 and downer like this.
  20. downer

downer Senior Member

Good thing I captured it when I did... :)

Bossyman, Fullbug, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  21. Yankeefan01

Yankeefan01 Forum Resident

Me too! :D

Vic_1957 and downer like this.
  22. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

I have all TTB releases on vinyl and ordered the Layla concert on vinyl from Amazon.

ABBDutchFan likes this.
  23. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Hopefully they see that there is sufficient demand to make it viable. Concert DVD/BD sales figures are quite small these days and so perhaps not as commercially lucrative to take the trouble to put the film together, remix the music, etc.

I would definitely be interested in a 2CD/BD package for this!

supermd, longdist01 and BeatleJWOL like this.
  24. Mike Dow

One of the issues getting in the way of a Blu-ray/DVD edition could be the video sync rights. Not sure of the specifics but obtaining video sync clearance for a covers project can be costly, or so I've been told.

longdist01 likes this.
  25. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Per Bobby Tis on facebook:

All pressings were made from the master analog tapes and cut from the master tapes to vinyl lacquers by Chris Bellman @ Bernie Grundman Mastering. All the stampers for pressing were made from these lacquer “mothers”. The black vinyl is being Pressed by QRP, the alternate colors are being pressed by Memphis. The digital masters for CD , download and streaming platforms, were also done from the master tapes by Adrian Morgan @ Timeless Mastering

So psyched for this release. This was one of the best concerts i have attended, and i used to go to allot, and to know they are doing the audio the right way makes me so happy.

[​IMG]

supermd, longdist01, gjp163 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.