Record stores in San Fran?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Chester0711, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Agreed. I liked to stop by there and Issues every time I went to get my hair cut.

Greenalishi likes this.
  2. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Unfortunately I believe Issues went out of business due to the pandemic. They had moved from next door to Stranded into a bigger space on Piedmont Ave not long before they had to close. A shame as it was a great store.

Instant Dharma and Greenalishi like this.
  3. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I love that little corner. Lived up the road up on Bayo Vista for 5 years and used to go walk the avenue almost daily. Ever check out Baja taqueria? They used to (may still do) have a bunch of Grateful Dead posters and stuff like that. Great place.

Greenalishi likes this.
  4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Sure eat there before or after shopping. Love that place, and yes, it's still a Dead shrine.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Had a "where have I been?" moment today when I decided to take a ride over to San Lorenzo, not far from my home, and see what's going on at Rasputin's. Maybe pick up a dvd. Get there and find out that it's completely gone! Where that big store once stood is now a Grocery Outlet. I suppose another victim of the pandemic but I never heard about the closing, never read about it. Too bad. Wasn't a great store, but still good for used dvd's/cd's.

Edit: Looked it up and seems it shut down in March of '20.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Greenalishi likes this.
  6. ispace

ispace Senior Member

They closed March 20? Wow they dodged a bullet.

Greenalishi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.