SNVinyl (Scott Nagle Audio)*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by wgdrumsticks, Sep 25, 2020.

1. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

Any order is a massive gamble - does he hold the stock or will he be scratching around other sources once he has your money? Will he answer your communication efforts? Will you ever see the order or a refund - and if you are asking for a refund how long will he sit on your cash?

You wouldn't take this kind of punt buying a car or anything else for that matter, so why would you do so for hifi or media - pay a few quid more and sit back knowing it'll arrive.

For the OP, he posts on here as Daytona600.

2. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

interesting to know as I'm currently in a dispute with them and getting them to remotely understand what I'm asking is like pulling teeth, I honestly think they are on a wind up with some of the responses I'm getting

richbdd01, sonnyrock and myles like this.
  3. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Ok….against my better judgment, I used this guy again as he was the only option. I did it knowing I could get my money back from my card so risked it.

Package delivered soaking with rain and dropped by Hermes. Spine split, dents in corners.

I sent it back tracked and it has been signed ‘NANGL’ on the Royal Mail tracking page. He is now saying it hasn’t been returned.

4. myles

@daytona600 sort this out.

richbdd01 likes this.
  5. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I’m done with him now. He’s messed me around enough. It’s no longer a hassle worth taking. He cannot communicate properly and he operates his business in a state of complete chaos.

I should have known the last time he couldn’t even send the package to the right door number. In the end, it took a lot of hassle to get Hermes to update, who are incidentally as unreliable as Scott…so they are a perfect partnership.

ShallowMemory likes this.
  6. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

same happened to me, damaged record sent so I sent it back, after several weeks it "could not be found" 30 emails from me chasing 3 records over several months, eventually got a refund, never again

richbdd01 likes this.
  7. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

A member of another forum had a bad experience buying a cartridge recently. Managed to get a charge back from his Credit Card company. Appears to not have stock that he lists as in stock and no show for weeks. Doesn't answer Emails either.

ShallowMemory likes this.
  8. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Well my money made it’s way back to my card today. I know I said before it was the last time but this is REALLY the last time. Too much hassle.

Joti Cover, ShallowMemory and myles like this.
  9. Spica

Spica Easy like Sunday morning

I had issues and would avoid him like the plague. He listed an Audio Technica 150 MLX stylus. I bought it and he sent a VMN40ml instead. His excuse was that the listing was “for illustration only”. I asked to return it and he went silent.

I figured offering to take something more expensive would get him answering and it did. I agreed to buy an OC9XML and he sent an invoice for the extra when he received the stylus I returned.

Then he went silent again. No item and no reply to emails. He had over £400 of my money, so I told him if he didn’t respond i would seek a chargeback from the card company. Still silence.

it took weeks to get my money back from the card company, but the day it was refunded, he sent me a message saying he had my item ready to ship. He also claimed it had been shipped and returned by the courier but presented no evidence when asked. He asked me to cancel the chargeback and he would send the OC9XML. Given my experience of him, I declined.

Dubmart and ShallowMemory like this.
  10. Ian Guyler

Ian Guyler New Member

I believe this company ( house trader) was dissolved in October 2020, though he his still advertising on multiple platforms I would personally steer clear, I wasn’t aware of his company going bust so I ordered a TT cartridge 10 weeks ago and was informed it was clearing customs after a month, …..a month later having sent numerous follow up emails I was told it was discontinued? he offered a less expensive Ortofon OM5 which did not meet my needs, ( and I doubt he has) anyway I enquired about the availability of the OM2 red which was £32 more, he confirmed stock available and took my money….that was 2 weeks ago, and the fiasco begins again……. Trading standards have been informed! …..if you want a frustrating nightmare and have more money than sense…..use this supplier, or save your sanity and go “ reputable”

11. myles

Looks like it was dissolved in 2020 and he's selling KOB Mofi which was released earlier this year. Avoid.

Dubmart and ShallowMemory like this.
  12. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

It doesn't matter how many complaints people read about a bad business or product; there will always be someone who'll justify trying it anyway. Never understood it but it happens every time.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  13. Charles Finney

Charles Finney Active Member

was thinking of buying off him but he won't use paypal.

14. myles

You can get your money back easily with PayPal, that's why.

Dubmart and Lost In The Flood like this.
  15. Sme20 dunc

Sme20 dunc Member

Simple guys, just delete anything you see from this guy.
    Don't buy anything from him, Simple

smartiepants and myles like this.
  16. Ralf Dudat

Ralf Dudat Member

My experience was that I paid for two SACD and never received them.
    Emailed them six times but never got a reply.
    The SACDs I paid for were not cheap, the items were listed as "in stock", but eight months later I still have no CDs and no explanation or reply to my queries.......

17. myles

@daytona600 when are his SACDs arriving?

18. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I’ve noticed @daytona600 only posts on the forum when it’s for his own enjoyment. Stuff everyone else. If you post on a thread about vertere turntables, you might get a response. Though maybe not if you had to order one off him ;)

myles likes this.
  19. Linn-LP12

Linn-LP12 Forum Resident

I also had a bad experience with him a few years back.
    Purchase a copy of Cannonball Adderley Somethin' Else (Analogue Productions 45RPM print) and when it eventually arrived it was very damaged. Took forever to get it sorted out. I even offered to swing by his house to pick up a replacement copy but he was not having it.
    His communication is utterly appalling and I am surprised reading this that he has not been closed down. And why companies like MOFI and Analogue Productions supply him or allow him to retail their products I don't know.

Avoid!

richbdd01 likes this.
  20. Graham

Graham Senior Member

This guy is a joke. Ordered a record two weeks ago - money taken immediately. After a week I sent an email asking for an update. Response: "in stock and shipping". That's it. Another week has gone by so sent another email saying he has five days to either deliver the record or issue a refund or I'll ask for a credit card charge-back. Response: "on holiday BACK NEXT WEEK". Extended my deadline to end of next week but what an absolute ****. I've used him twice before with no issues. Never again.

richbdd01 likes this.
  21. Graham

Graham Senior Member

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. You have been warned.

To show how utterly incompetent / rude Scott is, here is the email communication I had. I haven't edited his replies, so the capped-up words are his own. Note, not once does he apologise.

18th Jan - bought an 'in stock' record. Received an invoice almost immediately and paid the same day.

25th Jan - a week on and hadn't heard anything so I sent this email: "Hello. Has this order been posted yet? It was paid for a week ago. Thanks." Received a reply the same day: "in stock and shipping rgds scott".

1st Feb - another week has passed so I sent this email: "Hi Scott, Another week has passed and the record hasn't arrived. Please either send it immediately or refund the money paid. If I haven't had either the record or a refund by Monday morning I shall be asking my credit card company for a charge-back."

His reply came the same day: "on holiday BACK NEXT WEEK".

Needless to say, this didn't go down well, so I responded: "A week ago it was 'in stock and shipping'. This isn't good enough. I'll extend my deadline until Friday 9th, at which point if the record hasn't arrived I shall ask for a credit card charge-back."

Scott replied, again the same day: "ON HOLIDAY back next week".

9th Feb - predictably, I heard nothing - again - so sent this email: "Hello. At midday tomorrow I shall be requesting a chargeback via my credit card unless I receive notification beforehand that the record has been sent or the £** paid on 18th January has been refunded."

Scott replied the same day: "REFUND SENT today".

He's a time-wasting scumbag. Don't be tempted.

myles likes this.
  22. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

He spends more time on here than actually fulfilling orders @daytona600

Dubmart, Graham and myles like this.
  23. myles

@Graham you'll find him on here recommending kit left, right and Charlie - all of it is available to be bought from his website unsurprisingly. Apart from the small fact he never holds the stock and will sit on your money until he sees fit to refund.

If you weren't aware his username is Daytona600.

Graham likes this.
  24. myles

He popped a picture into the 'Show Us Your Turntables' of a lovely item that he suggested was his - the picture was from a Hi-Fi show exhibition. He's playing at the dealer lifestyle at people like @Graham s expense.

Dubmart and richbdd01 like this.
  25. Graham

Graham Senior Member