More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

2. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I think that succinctly sums up the entire thread. :)

3. Head Gardener

Head Gardener Forum Resident

So I'm hanging around (old Stranglers B side reference but hey, bear with me) with my mate in Milton Keynes who has The Cure stuff that I posted earlier and I'm keeping my distance in his back garden and then he casually mentions he'd come across a stash of posters in a rolled up tube that he'd forgotten he had (yeah, right) "let's have a look" I said, and he unrolls a load of Punk originals including 999 and Vibrators etc, all very nice, but then a pile of original Stranglers concert posters turns up and one in particular - the one below, live at the Bletchley Leisure Centre in 1977 is previously undocumented, I was stunned to see them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Peter Frampton
    (2021)

Frampton Forgets The Words

"Isn't It A Pity"

omikron, Greenalishi, Jonpd and 3 others like this.
  5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Signed booklet inside from 1990 2CD Japanese only released "The Greatest Hits" collection. Bun E. is so cool...he took our booklets, home addresses and said let me help you here...couple weeks later in mail Bun asked Jon Brant to sign the booklet inside for us too!

Center spread signed
    Rick, Bun E. and Tom (need Robin still!)

[​IMG]

few pages inside Jon Brant signed

[​IMG]

Front box Lid - Back box w/ tracks
    [​IMG]

New Years Eve flyer

[​IMG]
    Backstory:

I saw CT couple times:

December 31, 1991 New Years Eve Bash in Dearborn, MI the Roadcrew knew a buddy of mine and (okayed by band!) let our group of three stand off stage behind sound monitor mixing desk. Great night too. Joey Molland's Badfinger, Marshall Tucker Band, Edgar Winter & Cheap Trick. We were allowed up to a meet-and-greet after up in CT suite. Met Rick, Tom, and Bun E. though we missed seeing Robin who was with his young family on another floor that night.

Few other Cheap Trick moments:

Another time with Enuff Z'Nuff opening in Merryville, IN the band was touring "WUWAM" album.

WXRT Free Concert July 4th in Grant Park 1994, FLIPP! was opening act tried to swing crowd in their favor by hiring a private helicopter to dump band swag over the crowd before Cheap Tricks set started, that was interesting to witness!! LOL...

Another with Eddie Money opening for them Fall of (1994?) @ Rosemont Horizon, the concert ended with long Jam of "Cold Turkey" w/ Smashing Pumpkins, D'Arcy, Jimmie, James & Billy Corgan, Jim Ellison(Material Issue), Enuff Z'Nuff, couple more Chicago names. The band all night was tight, fun times!

I've also seen The Bun E. Carlos Experience which used to play off and on through the 90's when CT was taking a break. They were a killer Cover band too!

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Cheap Trick - The Greatest Hits (1991)

"Magical Mystery Tour"

omikron, Percy Song, Jonpd and 3 others like this.
  7. Percy Song

Good memories. I saw these guys at The Nashville Rooms in London in late 1975. They were supporting the magnificent Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias and hadn't got a recording contract yet; they were doing the rounds of pubs and clubs up and down the country.

I bought a beer for one of them - I'm not sure it was a voluntary gesture on my part. I thought they were pretty good for a support band, though obviously I was there for the Albertos. A few months later, April, I think, The Stranglers were at The Marquee, supporting The Pink Fairies; I think it was their first Marquee gig and the support band was better than the main act. Still no recording contract, though; I think that came about in late 1976.

I just noticed they have a new record out soon with a bonus CD which is a tribute to the late Dave Greenfield. Might just dip into that for old time's sake. It might've been Dave I bought that beer for.

Stranglers Official Online Store : Merch, Music, Downloads & Clothing

omikron, Jonpd, Head Gardener and 2 others like this.
  8. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Chubby Checker May 2017. Ticket and set list.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Larry DeMellier

Larry DeMellier Forum Resident

10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Nice and thanks for share these pictures, very cool!

11. Percy Song

Here is an interesting question for all you lawyers out there....

Turns out the "Amazon Signed Exclusive" Van Morrison CD that I showed earlier isn't signed at all. Closer inspection, and a little research, reveals that the signature on the card insert is an ink stamp.

[​IMG]

Am I bothered? Well, I don't normally shop at Amazon, preferring other outlets in the vain hope that the predicted but not inevitable monopoly can be averted, at least in my lifetime. But this was a tempting proposition because it struck me that one signed CD among the drawerful of unsigned VM CDs that I own would be, well, cool, to use a word I don't like very much.

I wanted the Deluxe CD anyway, signed or not, but probably would have purchased it elsewhere. The ink-stamped signature one is no more or less expensive elsewhere. But it is still deceitful to offer a CD with a signed insert which isn't actually signed. Correct?

So who should I sue? Amazon or Van Morrison? Or both... :)

12. Percy Song

Great post! I'll bet that was a good show!

If you'd asked me who was the oldest, Bob Dylan or Chubby Checker, I'd say Chubby all day long. I'd be wrong!

oboogie and apple-richard like this.
  13. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

Not my area of expertise but possibly a breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (goods not as described). You’d be suing Amazon.
    But I think it would be more fun to try to sue VM just to see if you get a song dedicated to you on his next LP.

14. Percy Song

:D Definitely a breach of that Act by the vendor, but trying to seek damages on top of a refund would be long-winded, I think.

I'll go straight to VM. I have his address somewhere.... oh, here it is:-

Mr Grumpy
    Curmudgeonly House
    Bellyacher Lane
    Crankland

Looking forward to his two new songs, " I Couldn't Give A Flying F**k At A Rolling Doughnut What You People Think About Me" and "Percy Is An Inconsequential Bell End"

Speaking of inconsequential, My second favourite Joan - Ms. Armatrading - has a new LP out next month called "Consequences". Amazon are doing a signed CD edition, but I'll be buying mine directly from Joan. :cool:

15. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I was tapped to come up on stage by Chubby to do The Twist with him and about 15 women. There's a video floating around here somewhere.

16. Larry DeMellier

Larry DeMellier Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The best of the Van Morrison promos. He's an icon artist who's been really gratifying to archive because, just arbitrarily, there happen to have been posters printed for many of his most popular works (no ASTRAL WEEKS though). For a band like the Kinks or the Beach Boys, unfortunately, there's almost nothing available - Reprise/Pye and Capitol just didn't print promos for their classic recordings.

17. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

So here’s Patti Smith signing something for me. I’ll post a picture of the “something” when I get it (along with the slightly odd tale of its journey to being signed)
    [​IMG]

18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

from a forthcoming documentary on the estate in Henley-On-Thames...Friar Park

[​IMG]

19. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

a vintage 1970's Promo flyer for Cleveland's "Glass Harp", booking info on bottom.

[​IMG]

Maranatha5585, omikron and oboogie like this.
  20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

what???

Shoes1916 likes this.
  21. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Signed 7" single by Rosalie Cunningham.

[​IMG]

22. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

EVERYTHING!!!

:eek: :agree: :eek:

Percy Song, omikron, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  23. Michael

well I guess that's a positive.

Shoes1916, oboogie and longdist01 like this.
  24. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

This thread has been very positive with lots of very cool “Signed Photos, LP's, PS's, Promo's, Memorabilia, Ephemera, Etc.” and some incredible stories on how the item was obtained.

25. Michael

Indeed! most welcomed and a very cool thread.; )