Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Hulloder

Hulloder Forum Resident

Thanks for this - snagged the Hopbine set at £16 from that link.

Arknine likes this.
  2. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Fela Kuti
    Box Set 4
    x7lp

£65

https://amzn.to/3nWlwq4

Review Fela Kuti: Fela Kuti Box Set #4

This is the 4th box set of Fela Kuti material that Knitting Factory Records have released, the last three having all sold out completely. Past curators include Ginger Baker, Questlove and Brian Eno, and Erykah Badu is the perfect addition to the existing lineup. This release will be limited to 3000 copies outside of North America, and includes a 16"x24" poster designed by Nigerian artist Lemi Ghariokwu, the creative force behind 26 of Fela Kuti's album covers, as well as a 20-page booklet featuring essays written by Erykah Badu

hutlock and Porkpie like this.
  3. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

Great find. A pointless piece of info - a Fela Kuti LP from Amazon was by a long shot my most warped album ever!

imarcq and Arknine like this.
  4. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

James Brown
    Sho is Funky Down Here
    £21,73

AAA(?)

https://amzn.to/33tKtQm

From discogs (same barcode)
    2019 Record Store Day Reissue.
    Record Store Day website shows Limited to 2000 copies

Lacquered directly from the original master tapes at Capitol Studios. First official reissue. Contains 16 page booklet with never-before-published photos and detailed annotation by Brown historian Alan Leeds about the recording of this record and its companion release

5. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Sinatra Sings...Great Songs From Great Britain
    £12.40
    https://amzn.to/3o3LIil

Universal Music are proud to announce the second batch of Frank Sinatra vinyl reissues under the new global Signature Sinatra label, encompassing special selections from across both the Capitol and Reprise repertoire strands which are remastered on 180-gram heavyweight vinyl complete with download vouchers.

6. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Carly Simon
    Hotcakes
    Friday Music Pressing
    £21
    https://amzn.to/33skjNA

Blurb from elusive disc....

180g Audiophile Vinyl Mastered by Friday Music's Joe Reagoso from Original Elektra Records Tapes!

Carly Simon is truly one of the greatest exponents of the singer/songwriter boom that rocked the seventies music scene when she debuted her first hit single That’s the Way I’ve Always Heard It Should Be in 1970. Carly’s stunning artistry and her smash hits continue to be some of the most played on radio stations worldwide, as witnessed in her classic 1974 platinum chart topper Hotcakes.

The 1974 smash LP features several of her biggest hit singles like Mockingbird which features James Taylor, as well as one of the finest songs of that year Haven’t Got Time for the Pain. Masterworks like Misfit, Forever My Love and Just Not True surely make Hotcakes one of the most revered albums in Carly Simon’s stellar career.

Friday Music announces another fine installment in the Carly Simon/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series with her masterpiece Hotcakes.

The original Elektra Records classic is now mastered impeccably by Joe Reagoso (Carly Simon, James Taylor, Hall & Oates) and for a very limited time, this first time audiophile release is presented in its original gatefold cover and includes the rare lyrics sleeve which hasn’t been seen in years in the LP format.

Carly Simon...Hotcakes...Impeccable first time audiophile vinyl and gatefold cover!

lennonfan1 and myles like this.
  7. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Hasaan ibn Ali
    Metaphysics
    £12.99
    x2lp
    Just released...

https://amzn.to/3hb2Bqa

Temp out of stock
    If Amazon honour this price it is bargain of the year so far....

Petter Premberg, myles and dastinger like this.
  8. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

44.03 now. Jesus, this is getting frustrating ahahah. Thanks, dude, your deals are mouth watering. Next step, getting to them on time.

myles likes this.
  9. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Sorry they disappear so fast.... hopefully someone else snagged one

imgur.com

[​IMG]

myles likes this.
  10. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

No need to be sorry obviously. Keep it up, I'll get to one on time eventually :)

Arknine and Petter Premberg like this.
  11. Hulloder

Hulloder Forum Resident

Yes, no need for apologies - I snagged the Tubby Hayes for a great price thanks to your post!

12. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Cello Sonata
    Janos Starker
    Mendelssohn
    Speakers Corner pressing (checked ASIN)
    AAA

£19

https://amzn.to/3fbX0wW

13. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

myles and dastinger like this.
  14. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

Arknine likes this.
  15. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

Great album! Necessary that it's a double as they could never pack all that groove into < 40 minutes :)

16. myles

Ordered, many thanks. Now block me somehow so I can avoid crippling myself financially!!

17. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

great set, great price - bought this from Rough Trade @£90 to Ireland (less UK VAT) plus £25 in shipping - got snagged €40 for import tax and handling - but still think i definitely picked up a bargain

18. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Queen
    Night at the Opera
    £16

https://amzn.to/3y3j8SS

Description
    Universal Music are proud to release A Night At The Opera on vinyl, sourced from the original master tapes mastered by Bob Ludwig.

myles likes this.
  19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Soured from the original master tapes, but then fubar'd through a digital chain and then delivered as a hot steamy mess for you on pretty vinyl.

Ignominious, Reese and Arknine like this.
  20. myles

This one arrived today - on first impressions, a challenging listen which makes Eric Dolphy's Out To Lunch sound like a Cheese Ploughman's - for our non-UK patrons, that's a relatively bland lunch!

Arknine and dastinger like this.
  21. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Ahahah I was about to ask, thanks for the accurate description.

Ludwig used to do a great job. What happened?

22. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

myles likes this.
  23. Hulloder

Hulloder Forum Resident

I know it a little from when it came out...........it's certainly 'out'!!

myles likes this.
  24. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

I keep thinking it's a misprice, with a '1' missing at the front - amazing price for a really terrific set, and a surprise it's still available. Free UK shipping too - these should be flying out....

25. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

harmonica98 and Arknine like this.