The Vinyl Community on YouTube

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jon9091, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Skip Scuffmarks

Skip Scuffmarks Forum Resident

This guys impersonations are hilarious.

hi_watt and RussTCB like this.
  2. Oakenshield

Oakenshield Forum Resident

Remember spudboy? Ottavio in Mississauga, Ontario (I think). He was absolutely awesome, loved the dude. Sadly his channel went away many years ago. The early days were so much fun, still hanging on watching and still never made a video!
    Jeff Recordman White also had a great early channel that he took down. Miss Mark (Dr Deadwax) a lot too.

Gorvo, Chris (johncoltrane68), Aaron the Metal Theologian, Vinyl Rich, Dan at Dots&Loops, Nico in Norway, Jonas, Anders, Mayo Joe (those videos with the guys at Infinity, just great),
    Matt and Sam, Bo in the PNW, Dillon, Tim (A Sound Decision), Mazzy, Ron at the Hog's Ear, Bill Camarata, Pudsy etc etc...

(NOT a fan of VinylEyezz and those dudes)

3. Oakenshield

Haha good one! There was another one years ago, can't remember who did it and never bookmarked it. Don't think it's still up.

Skip Scuffmarks likes this.
  4. Skip Scuffmarks

Skip Scuffmarks Forum Resident

Agreed. It’s all about monetizing with those types. Metal Theologian is great and Greeno. I wish Dan in Canada (dhanycz) hadn’t taken his videos down. He was one of the first on there.

Aftermath and nosliw like this.
  5. Oakenshield

Yes, Greeno of course. And LJ! I had forgotten about Dan...

A couple of years before the VC started evolving, there was a guy who posted fairly short videos. I think the channel was just called My Record Collection. Around 2007-8 perhaps? I think he had been given boxes of records by a friend and
    flipped through the content. Lots of psych, sunshine pop, he did a couple on UK invasion etc. I remember thinking that was a really cool concept, and then Dereck and mrhoffame and Dan and the others started appearing.

Skip Scuffmarks likes this.
  6. AllAboutAlbums

AllAboutAlbums Well-Known Member

Newest video about the 6 best record stores. As always, likes, subs and comments appreciated! Enjoy!

Macman and RussTCB like this.
  7. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video is up :) this time we took at a look at the new Third Man Records Vault 47

8. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New one is up. We took a look at 3 different pressings of Run DMC - Raising Hell

9. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

I just discovered this channel last week. He has a really impressive collection of stuff you don't see often in other videos.

10. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Did a video featuring my son :)

11. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video is up. As usual, any new subscribers always very welcome :)

12. AllAboutAlbums

Newest video! I hope you all enjoy. As usual, subscribers and likes always appreciated!

13. Vinyl Head UK

Vinyl Head UK Active Member

Hey everyone. I just wanted to share my own YouTube page where I talk about my vinyl collection. I'm new to collecting and so my channel is fairly new as well but hopefully people can find something on there that they like. I'm not a reviewer as such, I just prefer to talk about the actual record itself. Theres also some other videos such as music memories of gigs and festivals. Enjoy everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaCsTgAxkDPfb5UdNzoj_vw

14. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video. I thought I'd share my tips for collecting vinyl :)

aussievinyl likes this.
  15. AllAboutAlbums

Latest video my father put out about albums to show off your speaker system. Subscribe, like and comment!

CraigC likes this.
  16. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

I subscribed, your Dad has a cool top record store video I dug.

RussTCB and AllAboutAlbums like this.
  17. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Put a new one out on Thursday and forgot to post it. I did a run down on the MoFi One Step pressing of Bridge Over Troubled Water :)

18. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Started putting out two videos per week. One on Thursday and one on Saturday. Here's the latest :)

Macman likes this.
  19. Vinyl Head UK

Hey everyone. One of my brand new videos is now live on my channel. Hopefully you can check it out and subscribe

RussTCB and Matt Richardson like this.
  20. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Did a fun little topic this time:

21. AllAboutAlbums

Latest video from ‘All About Albums’ discussing records that deserve to be played from start to finish all the way through. Enjoy!

22. Vinyl Head UK

Nice little review on the In Rock vinyl by Deep Purple for you guys to check out

23. AllAboutAlbums

New video about what’s on my turntable, June 2021 edition. As always, like, comment and subscribe. Enjoy and keep em spinning!

24. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video up. It's a detailed look at the Weird Al boxed set :)
    [

25. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

I've been continuing to put out two videos per week. Here's one of last week's :)

groovelocked likes this.