Poll: Which version of Sandoval's updated Monkees book are you purchasing?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Mc, Mar 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

That is one heck of a big book. Slightly taller, and about 3 or 4 times wider. 12x 9.75x 3.25.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Gonna take about a year to get through the entire thing. The gift that keeps on giving, all year long. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

3. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

Super Deluxe because I'm a good consumer. I can't wait! If it's as good as the earlier one then I'll love it.

4. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member Thread Starter

RobRoyF, Shawn, dangiedr and 7 others like this.
  5. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member Thread Starter

From the Beatland books website:

Reservations for the The Monkees: The Day-By-Day Story are now closed.

If you’d like to join the waitlist, please fill out the form below. In the event a spot opens up on our reservations list, we will contact you directly.

No payment will be taken at this time. However, by submitting this form, you are committing to purchasing the specified copies if a reservation spot opens up and as the number of books printed allows.

Reserve Your Book – beatland books

6. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Thanks for posting that link. I couldn't get any of the videos here to play but they played fine on with that link.

I'm surprised to see a difference in covers from the SDE & Standard to the Deluxe.

Hep Alien, Wingsfan2012 and Brian Mc like this.
  7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

The blue, red, and green cover is a slipcase. The book itself looks like the grey $75 version, but hardcover.

FJFP, Hep Alien, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  8. dangiedr

dangiedr Senior Member

Excited to see what Andrew's next update might bring us... Hopefully there's a new video from Beatland books dropping soon!!!

Hep Alien, FJFP and D-rock like this.
  9. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Looks like we will get some updates next week.
    From Facebook:
    Some fantastic photos of the opening date of The Monkees’ 1969 tour. My upcoming book
    The Monkees: The day-by-day story of the 60s TV pop sensation
    goes in depth on every date of this journey. I will have some production updates on the book & a new video after the weekend.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

Getting a super deluxe copy. I love reading - sure this will be a delight!

seeknom, D-rock, 905 and 3 others like this.
  11. vinylrec

vinylrec Senior Member

I'm late to the party, so I'm on the waiting list. I'll take whatever opens up (fingers crossed)

dangiedr and seeknom like this.
  12. dangiedr

dangiedr Senior Member

Hopefully there's a production update/new video dropping before the weekend winds down!!

apple-richard likes this.
  13. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Yeah, when is the release date of this book again? I have so many things preordered it gets difficult to remember it all.

apple-richard and vinylrec like this.
  14. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Sandoval will announce in May when payment is due and the book should be shipping around June.

Natural E and BobT like this.
  15. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

No set date. Payment should be due in May, and shipped in June.
    Fred beat me to it :)

FredV likes this.
  16. Trainspotting

All right, thanks guys. Does Andrew ever post here on the Hoffman forums? Some questions I'd like to ask him...

17. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Not in several years. He used to, but too many people started picking fights with him, so he stopped posting here. Too bad for us really.

Hep Alien and RobRoyF like this.
  18. Trainspotting

LOL, par for the course around here unfortunately. But then it's that way all over the internet. People's frustrations come out much more readily when they can't be seen face-to-face. They'll type something on a forum like this that they would never dare say in person.

I'd like to ask him about future Rhino Handmade (does that even exist anymore?) box sets for the remaining Monkees albums like PACJ and Changes.

19. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I think he’s sick of being asked about future handmade sets at this point! As he always says, the ball is in Rhino’s court.

dangiedr likes this.
  20. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

The general consensus from the many times Andrew Sandoval has answered that question is that he has basically all of the content for both sets already planned out. As soon as (or if) Rhino gives the go ahead, the set will be a go.

Hep Alien, Galley, FJFP and 1 other person like this.
  21. Trainspotting

Well then I guess my questions were answered then! I've got all of the Handmade sets, every book on the band that I know of, and the series on blu ray. Can't think of too much else I need.

Hep Alien, D-rock and BobT like this.
  22. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Still waiting on payment news. This can't happen soon enough for me.

23. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

There is a slight delay with the book. Apparently about an extra month (pay in June, arrive in July). From the beatland books website:
    Preorders for the book are now open with expected delivery in July 2021.
    This was posted on Facebook:
    Andrew Sandoval
    If I could ask everyone to please chill out on this for a couple more days, I would be truly grateful. I am currently trying to improve shipping options and shipping prices for my customers. The books themselves are being printed, but will not be shipping until they have been inspected by me in June and then the printers are anticipating a wait at the port of Long Beach. If you look at our local news, ships are waiting longer than normal to dock due to backups and increased demand for goods. The book is now 740 pages, the super-deluxe supplement is 40-pages and the quality of everything is looking great, but I did take some extra time to polish this. All reservations will be honored and we will also allocate books to our waiting list ASAP. Hang in there! Don't freak out! The extra days are to improve the quality of the delivery.

24. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Fine by me. I've got a baby arriving in July, so I'm not in a hurry!

Good2BAnywhere likes this.
  25. FredV

FredV Senior Member

The book should weigh as much as the baby! :goodie:

Sammy Banderas, seeknom and FJFP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.