Killing Eve (BBC America)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by x2zero, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I liked episode 6, many things coming together. Really liking this other side of Villanelle. Not so crazy about last scene with Konstantin's daughter, but otherwise all good IMO.
    Can't wait to be rid of Dasha , the character just feels cliche. Not sure if it's way it's written, the accent the actress uses, comes off false to me.

2. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

Vilanelle speaking english with a heavy russian accent but not being able to talk or understand Russian was a bit strange...

3. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Number 7, another good one.
    Too bad they had to wait till the last few to give us more substance.
    Glad about Konstantin and not about Dasha. Don't see why we keep getting those same pleas from Geraldine to her Mother.. Is there more to her than meets the eye ? If not feels like waste of time.
    Looking forward to seeing Eve & Villanelle reunite.

George P likes this.
  4. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I read the writer of #7, also wrote the good #3, and is supposed to be running the show next season.
    IMO the only other mostly good episode this season was #6, where V meets her family.

5. George P

George P Notable Member

Kim Bodnia's (the actor who plays Constantin) laugh should be prescribed as an antidepressant. It seems to come from nowhere, but is so loud and infectious.

6. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

Did you see Bron/Broen ? He has a much larger part...and laughs even more! (Although it's hardly a comedy--it's a grisly detective series about a body found on a bridge at the exact Danish/Swedish border.)

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  7. George P

George P Notable Member

Didn't see it, will look for it, thanks!

8. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Thoughts on the finale ??
    Really good scenes with Eve & V, (liked her last outfit) and the ending.
    They wrapped up a couple of Twelve people , but we'll see how Helene or others in power handle V.
    The Carolyn big scene was well done .
    The video suddenly revealed of Kenny was sort of lame and we know there has to be more to this with Konstantin.
    Seems like Geraldine will be gone unless there was more of a point to her besides adding to Carolyn's background.
    The writer of the finale is next season's head writer so I am looking forward to 4 and what V's future will be.

George P likes this.
  9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

The last few episodes redeemed the series IMO as I was very close to bailing.

ex_mixer, jpelg and GMfan87' like this.
  10. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

The finest TV show (over all seasons) of the last decade, way ahead of empty stuff like Killing Eve I am afraid.

11. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Watched the whole S03 yesterday. Very very stylish but I found it a bit dull to be honest. Thought the ending was daft too :)

12. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I didn't like episode one of the new season--thought it was just plain stupid, to be honest, but I kept recording the series. I decided to give it a second chance a few days ago, and while I thought the first two seasons were better, I'm somewhat enjoying it--have two episodes left.

13. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

I watched first 2 seasons of this, it's ok, kept my attention..
    third season is on my list to watch

14. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

It's been announced season 4 will be the end of "Eve". Sounds like they will start production in UK in early summer.
    Feels right after last season's ending to be wrapping it up.

George P likes this.
  15. Nakamichi

Nakamichi The iceage is coming....

First few episodes very good but quickly goes downhill into ludicrous plot territory. I didn't even bother watching the second series.

16. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

That will be a long gap between seasons...not sure season 3 was good enough for people to care two years later about a new season.

jpelg likes this.
  17. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

It gets pretty hard to take somewhere in Season 2. The first season was a lot of fun but the show couldn't hold up after Phoebe Waller-Bridge's departure as showrunner.

jpelg, marmalade166 and Nakamichi like this.
  18. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Season 2 was not great, much different from 1,but did have some good ones. It was such an unusual show that they would have to go in different direction to keep it going.
    I thought 3 was overall pretty good again but it may have taken a few episodess in to get going, I can't recall it that well now. It's true that such a long gap in between you lose interest , but I would like to see how it ends.

19. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Started watching this on BBC America.
    Liked it.
    Started into the 3rd episode, showed flashbacks of a bunch of stuff I haven't seen.
    :mad::eek::confused::realmad:
    They have S1 E1 and E2, then it skips direct to Season 2. A bunch of season 1 is missing. What the hell?!? NOW what do I do...??? o_O

20. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

It's streaming on the usual suspects.

21. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Yes or your local library probably has the dvds to rent.

head_unit likes this.
  22. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Well not on Netflix, but apparently on Hulu. Which my kid supposedly has a subscription to but can never remember the login...time to reset...

23. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

24. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Thoughts on episode 1 of the fondly season?
    I'm mixed on it.
    Good to see more of Eve, the idea that she and Villanelle are on totally different planes right now.
    But too much of V and her angst of trying to be good.

25. George P

George P Notable Member

I've seen episodes 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them. I had forgotten how much I love this show. It's interesting to see the two kinda switch places and I am very interested to see where this final season takes us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.