Anyone here have shipping issues with Music Vaultz?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by RockyRoll, May 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyRoll

RockyRoll Forum Resident Thread Starter

Mods delete this post if it is not in the appropriate forum but being that it's music related I'd thought I'd start here. I've pre-ordered the Paul McCartney Ram 50th Anniversary vinyl from Music Vaultz on the day it was announced well over a month ago. The money was taken immediately from my credit card and I have yet to receive my copy though I noticed an overwhelming majority have posted receiving their copy on all social media and forums.
    I contacted them and they replied they are having stock issues. Well isn't the point of preordering an item before release date the purpose of having a copy set aside for you on the ship date?
    Anyone care to chime in on their experiences with this company or is mine an isolated issue.

2. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

I'm skeptical of any company that charges your card before shipment.

RockyRoll likes this.
  3. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Had an issue with the McCartney III yellow from Music Vaultz. They cancelled the order and I assumed they refunded. Checked Wednesday and found they hadn't, sent them a message and received the refund by Friday.

They do have supply issues.

I wasn't they are now charging credit cards at order time, they used to wait until the item is shipped (excluding PayPal which is what I used).

I still have an outstanding order for an in stock item from December.

Others have indicted they eventually received their long awaited orders (Costello, Tears for Fears etc..)

RockyRoll likes this.
  4. RockyRoll

I wish I had investigated and researched this company further. They are notoriously bad at shipping items in a reasonable time frame according to posts I saw on reddit.
    Once I get through this debacle with this company I shall have nothing further to do with them and will warn others from doing business with them.

5. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

I gave up on them when I was waiting for the Stage Fright boxed set. They couldn't give me a realistic date and kept postponing. I finally cancelled after waiting 2 months and ordered from Amazon. Their customer service operates from the UK which makes no sense at all.

RockyRoll likes this.
  6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I used to order from them all the time but stopped after two issues where they couldn’t fill my order. Their downhill slide began when Covid hit. It was understandable at first that they would have issues however when other companies figured out their logistical issues etc and found a way to keep sending product they for some reason couldn’t do the same. They are basically part of Universal Music so this isn’t some small company with one guy in a stock room that’s behind. Not sure they will ever figure things out is they can’t in 15 months.

RockyRoll likes this.
  7. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I had problems with them on a preorder for recent Thin Lizzy boxset this year (I ordered two copies from them). They did not charge me though until they were ready to ship or whatever their terminology was. Still took another week or two after they took my $$ b4 they shipped it though, but prior to that I was in limbo for several months and could not get an answer from them on whether they would be filling my preorder or not other than something about the supply being limited and they were waiting for more to arrive. They offered to cancel the order but I decided to let it ride since it was a great price but in the meantime I did a panic buy of a copy from another vendor for almost twice the price since apparently it had gone out of print. Of course as soon as I did that then Music Vaultz came through. I have an extra copy to sell now but I'll lose $$ on it since I gave one of my copies away as a present and the label did a second printing to meet the unexpected demand (I guess), thus the price went way down again. At this point I will just hold onto my extra hoping it goes out of print again eventually then try to sell it & recoup the price I paid for the panic copy that I bought, so only will be out the price I paid for the one I gave away which was my intent in the first place....

RockyRoll likes this.
  8. RockyRoll

So I inquired with Music Vaultz on a preorder I placed on April 2nd for McCartney Ram 50th Anniversary vinyl last week and was told that it was NOT released yet but coming out May 28th, which I know is a lie because it's release date was May 14th.
    This weekend I wrote customer service and this was their reply,
    "We are sorry to inform you the following item has been cancelled from your order because they have been deleted by our supplier and therefore are no longer available."
    This is totally insane and unacceptable as I had reserved a copy over one month before the release date. May I caution everyone who wishes to order from this company that their service is the worst of any online company I have ever dealt with.
    To add insult to injury they took my money on the day I ordered and now I'm waiting for a refund.

slipkid likes this.
  9. SurferOne

SurferOne Well-Known Member

All the same for me. I wanted to secure a copy buying from the supplier. It's an Universal company, the supplier ! They must have the items that they sell. As recently as may 12th, you can order the item !! why took orders when you can't deliver ? (as many others site were posting sold out ! at that time and before). I'm done with them.

slipkid likes this.
  10. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Still having problems with Music Vaultz refunds. I used PayPal, which they seem to charge immediately. Had to cancel another order after 6 months.

I contacted them, they cancelled the order the next day, now have to contact them again as the PayPal refund never processed. Something must be messed up with their billing system and PayPal.

At least they have responded within two days. No problems there.

slipkid likes this.
  11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yes, anytime you use paypal for ANY merchant the funds get processed/transferred by paypal to the merchant right away. It's like buying something at a store, you pay at checkout on your way out the door.

At least with a credit card most on-line merchants (all? I'm not positive) do not process the payment until the item itself is released (in the case of preorders).

I try not to use paypal that often for on-line purchases unless (1) there is no other option, or (2) I don't want to give out my CC etc # to that merchant for any # of reasons, or (3) I want the extra payment protection that paypal provides with their "guarantee" which I'm discovering now is WAY better than going to a CC for help with something (long stories).

SurferOne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.