Popmarket Deals Thread (New Site!)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by GentleSenator, Jun 22, 2020.

1. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Damnit. So what are you going to do? Mine is on its way to me now. I assume I'm getting the same mistake.

2. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I messaged them through the Discogs order messaging system. Sorry everyone. The packing slip inside said it was for Then and not the set.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Idiots. The "box set" is still available for the same low price.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Oh no , i ordered one & then my friend had me get him one , i guess we'll be sending them back once they arrive ..... that's a total Drag , i really want that box .

SJP likes this.
  5. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh there are two listed up there , I should have my set here in a few days as it shipped yesterday , i'll post what i get , guessing it will be that live cd .

SJP likes this.
  6. Synthfreek

In regards to Holdsworth screw up.

Dear Customer

We apologize for the inconvenience and the error. There is a mix with the number assigned to the product. We have reported the issue but cannot resend at this time.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the problem with your order. We apologize for the problem and will gladly accept the item back for a complete refund upon return.
    Please download the prepaid return authorization following the link below

Davidmk5 likes this.
  7. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks for sharing that. Hmmm, I wonder if I should not even open the package from Popmarket that's arriving today, but simply put "return to sender" on it and hand it back to the post office. I'm glad they're providing a prepaid return authorization label, so that the only expense for us is our time to get it shipped back to them.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  8. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

The catch is that when they did a similar mistake with The Fall box, every communication I had with them (request the return label, inform them that I checked the tracking and they had received the package a week ago, tell them I never got a paypal refund, etc.) required filing a complaint with discogs because no one ever responded after 7 days each time.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I suspected this to be the case—likely the barcode on the outside of the box is the same as one of the discs inside the box or something along those lines. Not really their fault but also something that should probably be caught by an actual human when checking in inventory. Such are the times we live in I guess... oh well.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I can blow the Barcode theory right now ......... I just got my orders , here's where it gets good ...

I ordered the 12 cd Holdsworth Box for myself as i'd love to have this , after that i Texted my friend who's a guitar nut , he was Teaching all day at a musis school & asked me if i'd get one for him , so i ordered a 2nd an hour later .

BOTH showed up today , now one of them is the single "None too soon" CD that everyone seems to be getting BUT the 2nd cd is a holdsworth cd called "Sand" and both have VERY different barcodes , i have no idea how this mix-up could happen , other than stupidity on their part & they just grab any Holdsworth item ? , Just messaged them on Discogs to see what i get , they should just immediately refund .

hutlock likes this.
  11. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

I also got sand

Davidmk5 likes this.
  12. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Part of me wanted to say they ripped open the Boxed sets & started pulling as looking at the Photo on Discogs the cds come in the sets sealed in shrinkwrap , but my Packing slips in my 2 shipmenst had the right cds i got listed , it really seems like a Bait & switch , the Invoices should say what we ordered on them .
    I have to wonder how many people just keep them & not deal with it ? they get over 700 Negatives a month & looking a LOT of those are wrong product received or not in stock .

I go the same message as above to send them back .....

13. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

I agree. Waiting on response but expecting the same. Horrible service

Davidmk5 likes this.
  14. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Same deal with the Itzhak Perlman box set they listed cheap recently: pretty much everyone on the classical thread reported getting a different CD, which seems to rule out a simple barcode mix up. The cynic in me wonders if they’re listing box sets for cheap then sending single discs because they figure a significant percentage of people are likely to keep them rather than go through the faff of returning...but then the realist in me thinks “why ascribe to cunning what can best be explained by incompetence”.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Davidmk5 likes this.
  15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Hey, I got Alan Holdsworth's...

Wardenclyffe Tower

Packaging clearly didn't hold a box set. I opened just to see what was inside because I didn't trust the "return to sender" method which I thought seriously about. Message sent to PopMarket. Thing is, no one is leaving negative feedback for these blatant asinine errors.

hutlock and Davidmk5 like this.
  16. Synthfreek

The return window is only 6 days too.

17. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

And no one here is going to get their money back when you return them.

Trust me on this.

PopMarket banned me from their Discogs store because I returned 8 items in the span of 8 months, and I eventually discovered they never actually refunded the purchases.

When I confronted them about it, they claimed I was wrong and stopped responding to my messages.

Eventually I made PayPal claims against them, which they also failed to respond to. Once PayPal judged in my favor and I got back the hundreds of dollars PopMarket deceitfully tried to steal from me, they marked everything as “refunded” on Discogs and perma-banned me.

Don’t believe me? Just wait a few weeks and find out. You might as well start a PayPal claim now, because they won’t credit your money back without a fight.

samwisefan and uzn007 like this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I received my refund promptly and without asking for the Blancmange PopMarket/Discogs error once the item was returned.

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Same experience here with the Blancmange set.

hutlock and SJP like this.
  20. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Yep, pretty sure it was them stole $100 from me for a returned vinyl box.

21. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

I got three refunds from them without too much hassle, but won't be risking it again. Pretty sure I mailed the items back after 6 days, too (the site where they host their prepaid shipping label files deletes them after a week, but you can ask them to send you a link to another). I wonder why this division of Alliance Entertainment Global MegaCorp seems so prone to mix-ups...and what percentage of negative feedback discogs will tolerate before they take action against a seller.

22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Well, this is a twist. I was expecting my Discogs/Popmarket package (containing Alan Holdsworth's "Not a 12 CD box set" mistake) to arrive yesterday, but it didn't.

So I checked USPS today, and see this message:

I wonder how they might have messed up the address to the point where USPS decided at the last minute (it was on the same truck as two other packages that were delivered yesterday) not to put it on my doorstep.

Hopefully they'll received the returned package and proactively refund 100% of my money in a few days. :winkgrin:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  23. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Ah, screw it. I just sent them a message via Discogs. I'll see how responsive they are.

Davidmk5 and SJP like this.
  24. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

So crazy. The package was just delivered to me, less than 24 hours after USPS said they were returning it to sender. It's very thin and lightweight. I'm not even going to open it, because it's obviously not the 12xCD box set that was expected.

I think I'll send them a request for refund daily for about a week, then dispute it with PayPal if they are non-responsive.

25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I already got my return label from PopMarket.