Black Sabbath - Sabotage - 5 LPs!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cranny, Apr 9, 2021.

1. sddoug

sddoug Music Aficionado

FYI - DeepDiscount.com has the 4CD version for $36 (which is quite a savings over Amazon's $50).

John Bliss and izgoblin like this.
  2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

3. MetalPatchesVinyl

MetalPatchesVinyl Forum Resident

4. I am not interested in amother bad remaster of the album nor in a fake CD single. I would buy this set only for the live album, so for me, $29.80 plus shipping would still be too much. If it turns out the live discs sound better than the Wolfgang's Vault version in circulating, I'll consider it, but I doubt that will be the case. I am open for surprises though.

5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

A book about Sabotage included is a big selling point to me.

frank3si likes this.
  6. changeling69

changeling69 WorldCitizen

7. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

That's a great price. Even with adding the shipping has Amazon beat by at least $15. I've already got mine on preorder at Amazon and am going to stick with that because of a recent horrible experience with DeepDiscount (a sister company of ImportCDs both under the same corporate overlords). Their customer service is so atrocious when things go wrong I'll pay a couple extra bucks to go with Amazon and much better experiences there.

8. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

That's always a consideration for me with any super deluxe set. A book written by someone who knows the subject cold with good photos can tempt me even if I have the audio contents. Again, we turn to the Jethro Tull series as to "how it should be done" from every perspective - packaging, visuals, written content, audio, video. :agree:

9. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic

This will be out next month can't wait, as I've said my CD and LP boxset are ordered already, just waiting for the from my record shop.

MetalPatchesVinyl likes this.
  10. OzzyIsDio

Which album do you guys think will be next getting the Super deluxe treatment after Sabotage?

Being they aren't releasing them in order.

tinnox likes this.
  11. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Fingers crossed for Sabbath Bloody Sabbath !

John Bliss, animaux, wrat and 3 others like this.
  12. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Let's hope that one has some outtakes and demos.

13. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Can’t wait to get my CD boxset.

Shvartze Shabbos and OzzyIsDio like this.
  14. GRompre68

GRompre68 Vive le Prog Quebecois

And a remix by Wilson, please please!!! Since SBS is the most "proggy" album, maybe that would make sense? Fingers crossed!

15. What's wrong with the mix of SBS?

vinyl diehard and obi like this.
  16. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I'd welcome a 5.1 mix from SW.

ODShowtime and GRompre68 like this.
  17. Jmetamatic

Jmetamatic This is the end of our oxygen supply.

I don't get the love for Steve Wilson around here. He did a remix of Ultravox's Vienna, which is rather pony, If you ask me.

18. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

His mixing of the demos on Vol 4 sound great. I would guess he wouldn't remix the album proper (since that was the case with Vol 4), but if he mixed demos I'm in.

But if he were involved at all, we would probably hear about it way in advance like we did with Vol 4.

slipkid, GRompre68 and Bruce Racket like this.
  19. Claus

Claus Senior Member

When I listen to Vol4 and Sabotage, and SBS after, it sounds so light weight. Yes, I know it is the instrumentation, less guitar, more keyboards, but I think SBS does not have the great midrange of the other albums.

MetalPatchesVinyl and GRompre68 like this.
  20. DrGoon

DrGoon Forum Resident

He has keen ears and a good command of spacial processing techniques. Not everything he's done has been to my liking either, but that is usually just preference - he does great work in the studio.

21. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

I think SBS is the best sounding Sabbath album. Geezer and Ward really shine through with clarity and punch.

pexie, wrat, slipkid and 5 others like this.
  22. Thanks for the comment. Interesting. I have never noticed it, but maybe that's simply because it's not the way I listen to albums. I have always felt that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath had a significantly better mix than Vol4, even though as an album, I like Vol. 4 much better.

John Bliss, hutchguv, Anthrax and 2 others like this.
  23. GRompre68

GRompre68 Vive le Prog Quebecois

You are right on SBS being better mixed than Vol. 4. Both are absolutely great albums, though, for different reasons. I certainly have trouble picking which one is best, depending on he mood I'm in. SBS does have a denser feel, with more keyboards, etc.

I would still enjoy Wilson's work on SBS, even though I don't think this will happen. I think Wilson did fantastic jobs on "denser" prog masterpieces. I am very much looking for hearing Free Hand by Gentle Giant, coming in June.

pexie, hutchguv and MetalPatchesVinyl like this.
  24. OzzyIsDio

I want the Debut Super Deluxe, I want them all Super Deluxe treatment!!!!!