Ebay managed payment question

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by starkiller, May 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starkiller

starkiller Forum Resident Thread Starter

So, does anyone know if ebay lets you know or not when the funds have been released to your bank? I hardly ever look at my bank account but always did look at my paypal one so there was never an issue of me not knowing when someone paid or not and then i would send those funds to my bank w/o relying on ebay to do that....

2. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

ebay tell you when they made the payment to your bank, but there is no way they would know when it's available as funds in your bank.

3. David67

David67 Forum Resident

My banking app notifies me immediately when the funds have been transferred.

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I have mine set up to release funds weekly. Transfer initiates every Tuesday and funds are always in my account by Wednesday.

5. starkiller

So, i can scope out whether my bank has an app and also it would seem i have to check my account otherwise everyday to see if the funds have been transferred...

6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I know eBay can do a daily transfer but once a week just seems a lot easier. You monitor payment activity from the "payments" tab and get a single notification of transfer based on that activity. This means you only have to verify with your bank one time per week.

Also helpful to be able to pay for shipping out of the pending payments. It allows you to go negative for a short time while funds are in transition from processing to available (this is on eBay's end, a normal part of the process).

7. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I use the weekly drop. eBay will let you know when they make the drop.

8. starkiller

Ah, going to once a week would seem to cut down on my scoping out the bank account all the time...thanks!

SJP likes this.
  9. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

How does it work with paying for shipping labels? Especially if the payment hasn't cleared?

10. Cue Burn

Cue Burn Senior Member

Just flipped a piece of computer gear on Ebay using managed payment. Transaction went very well with frequent messages from Ebay.

11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Shipping can pull from your pending payments or an outside source. You choose.

12. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Speaking of eBay’s managed payments, eBay has been telling people to update their banking information or else their payouts will be on hold. I updated mine, and was given a page that says I am all up-to-date, and now this morning, I received another notice that says I need to update my banking information or else my payouts will be on hold. Has this happened to you? Is anyone aware of a quick way to notify eBay this is already been done?

13. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

I got the same notification to "verify" my bank account (even though it's been the same forever). I used the micro deposit option and once they appeared in my account (took about two days) and confirmed the amounts the pending payment was released. I haven't received any further message that I need to do anything else.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  14. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

After updating my information twice now, I am still be asked by eBay to perform the same update. If anyone else has had a similar experience and found a way to resolve it, please let us know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.