Cream - Goodbye Tour Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donohed

donohed Hope Joy Victory !

2. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Yesterday I bought the 2LP Set locally for $79.99 AUD and was wondering if it has it's own thread here on the SHF.
    Unfortunately disc 2 is warped (despite playing fine) and wonder if any buyer's also encountered this same flaw?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry to read that it’s warped. Mine was flat.

4. All Down The Line

Is it better in some ways than the vinyl.
    N.b. Sorry still playing catch up with the thread.

5. All Down The Line

He has 1 more sealed copy but wants to see the degree of warp.
    That said it seems he will refund me if needed but will not open the other copy to check that LP 2 is flat.

6. donohed

I have to, will compare for you

All Down The Line likes this.
  7. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  8. donohed

Just got around to actually comparing this new vinyl with the cd counterpart that I have for you ( surely the same new source for the farewell cd collection ) ; I may as well just sell it back off, as my original intention was : my cd has so much better, clearer sound than the new vinyl, and louder, but in a good way. The record has the sound of a recreation audio made of a 1940s or 50s two way radio, lowfi war movie soundtrack.
    I'm once again wondering how they could have blown it so bad with this release.
    My cd version doesn't have Buddy Miles introduction

9. All Down The Line

got around to actually comparing this new vinyl with the cd counterpart that I have for you ( surely the same new source for the farewell cd collection ) ; I may as well just sell it back off, as my original intention was : my cd has so much better, clearer sound than the new vinyl, and louder, but in a good way. The record has the sound of a recreation audio made of a 1940s or 50s two way radio, lowfi war movie soundtrack.
    I'm once again wondering how they could have blown it so bad with this release.
    My cd version doesn't have Buddy Miles introduction[/QUOTE]
    No Buddy Miles intro, is your CD not official and from the 4CD box?

10. donohed

No Buddy Miles intro, is your CD not official and from the 4CD box?[/QUOTE]
    That's correct. I'd gotten it through a trade ....... around ...... 4 years ago ? Each of the other tracks matched up with the lp's, though.

11. All Down The Line

That's correct. I'd gotten it through a trade ....... around ...... 4 years ago ? Each of the other tracks matched up with the lp's, though.[/QUOTE]
    So the only official source you are comparing to the new 2LP Blue Vinyl LA Forum is the 1969 Goodbye vinyl?

12. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I just got a deal on this on the Forum (the blue vinyl, I assume? Polydor 350 753-5) and am listening to LP 1 now. I'll let you know if LP 2 is warped.

edit: It's ever so slightly warped. Nothing I'd personally make an issue out of. I have a Highway 61 Revisted where the warp was driving me batty, I put it under books for a week, and I think I'm giving up and living with it.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  13. donohed

So the only official source you are comparing to the new 2LP Blue Vinyl LA Forum is the 1969 Goodbye vinyl?[/QUOTE]
    Well, last night i only compared samples of the new vinyl with the ' new ' source disc that surfaced a few years back, that in all likelihood is identical and what was used for the official farewell set. The difference between the old source and the lately one has been, and is in, debate already.
    I bought the new vinyl expecting a more analog sounding release of the new source, but it sounded poorly to me. I'll compare again, and I guess check Oakland and San diego, ? whatever cities they are.

14. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

But how does it sound compared to an 8-track tape?

15. All Down The Line

Incidentally did either of the black inner bags have strong creasing that potentially may have created taughtness for the contents?

16. wavethatflag

Not that I can tell. No creases. Is your warp pretty bad?

17. All Down The Line

Plays fine but it is somewhat noticeable and a bit disappointing for a brand new $80 AUD LP.
    The seller is happy to refund me though has a 2nd copy but won't open it to check the records.
    That said I stated that if he opened it I guaranteed I would take the best looking of the 2nd disc so he would either way only be left with 1 open copy but he's not playing ball as far as that goes!

wavethatflag likes this.
  18. wavethatflag

I don't know you at all, but if it was me, I'd probably just learn to live with it. That said, I think any appreciable warp (a subjective standard, I guess) should be allowed an automatic return. I mean, it's supposed to run flat.

19. All Down The Line

Appreciate your comments, all good suggestions there!

20. donohed

[​IMG]
    the Cream of night was a hot three piece with Godfrey Townsend, great ! the Cuicoland Express was about 20 Mexican and South americans on the same stage playing ethnic latin whatever wooden instruments; it wasnt my cup of tea. i split after Out Into The fields, which had been redone on His record that was out at the time. it was the last JB concert I saw.

21. donohed

22. donohed

23. donohed

24. donohed

[​IMG]
    Cream tour book / program
    nice !

25. If the slight warp is only cosmetic, I'd keep it. Sure it's a drag, but it's all about the music, and in two years' time when you're spinning this while enjoying some Barbie (I mean barbecue for my part of the world), you may likely not pay it any mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.