Is there an obscure band, musician, song that you love? Share with us. Post it on this thread..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 30, 2021.

1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Feel free to post a video, YouTube or otherwise. Share with us. Please note, this thread is for sharing new (or old) music that you love (and feel needs a boost).

This is NOT a thread for sharing your OWN efforts. There is another thread for that.

Thanks!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

mrjinks likes this.
  3. Mollusk

Mollusk I AM THE STALLION

I'd have to go with a personal favorite, Doji Morita. Excellent artist from Japan who unfortunately passed in 2018.

MortSahlFan, Exel88, groover and 3 others like this.
  4. VinylMan07

VinylMan07 *Almost* but *not entirely* an Audiophile

Humm, maybe X-Dreams... They recorded only one album, Wich was never remastered or transfered to CD or any digital source. You can only find it on Vinyl, they are a cool 80's band, but unfortunately, they never reached success

Pynchjan likes this.
  5. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

6. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Ronald Koal & the Trillionaires

remember when Bowie fronted that surf rock combo?

7. Duncan Day

Duncan Day Middle Aged Savage

T
    homas Feiner. Not a huge catalogue but if you like Scott Walker you might like this

The Opiates is a beautiful album albeit not a cheap one these days. This is a slightly edited version of the opening song from that album, The Sirens Song

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    ChoonyFish, Exel88 and rob68 like this.
  8. Dart56

Dart56 Forum Resident

I'm always surprised more people on this forum haven't caught on to Matt Mays. He's by far my favourite current rock musician. The Matt Mays and El Torpedo album, Coyote, and Once Upon a Hell of a Time are all solid albums all the way through. Great roadtrip material!

keef00, JL6161, Ephi82 and 1 other person like this.
  9. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

Great and overlooked

10. Duncan Day

Duncan Day Middle Aged Savage

And one more - Yonderhead

rob68 likes this.
  11. Devin

Devin Time's Up

Armando Trovajoli- Sessomatto.

groover likes this.
  12. river_man

river_man Forum Resident

Tommy & Dave are from my hometown.

chickendinna and Atmospheric like this.
  13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Ahh, thanks, but I was more interested in shining a light on one of our own members, which your other thread was “designed” for.

This could be anybody’s obscure favorite, which isn’t quite the same thing. I really liked the idea of focusing attention on musicians ON THIS FORUM. More interesting than random personal favorites, but that's probably just me. :shrug:

Understand why the other post was deleted, tho. It didn’t quite fit the bill...

HorseyAnn likes this.
  14. Filip1701

Filip1701 Forum Resident

Gorgeous 60s tune from an obscure 60s band.

15. river_man

river_man Forum Resident

How about some New Orleans fish head music??

16. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I bought this album after one listen in 2015 and I have been really enjoying it since. Produced by Greg Keelor of Blue Rodeo. Michelle McAdorey was the former lead singer of a Canadian Band Crash Vegas.

The album is "Into Her Future"

17. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

Balcony - 2014

It's a Scott Walker pastiche that is absurdly accurate and funny. It is ungooglable, and I don't know why that should be. There is another Balcony band lately too so it's hard. Nothing on Youtube I can find, or have ever. I dl'd it off a filesharing site. I first saw the track Night Terrors stated as a Scott Walker B side. That's the only "way in" I had. A future Left behind, Jobriath, and Black Sheep Girl are some other tracks.

I don't know who they are. Maybe it's a spoof by famous people. Anyone know anything?

Tim Bucknall and Exel88 like this.
  18. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

Great power pop from Andy Bopp. One of the greatest albums no-one's ever heard of.

19. More Than A Feeling

More Than A Feeling Little River, Big Adventures!

20. Kris-AOTY

Kris-AOTY Guard the Spark

Agathe & Fine - Innocent When You Dream

Best I can figure is that they are two French girls who must have been swept under the rug during the “cute girls play ukuleles” craze from a decade ago. But it’s really a shame because their vocal performance of this Tom Waits song is a real jewel. I love it.

21. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

Jen Trynin’s Gun Shy Trigger Happy remains one of my favourite’90s albums and really deserved to find a wider audience.

22. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

Mirah is one of my all time favorites and I see next to zero mention of her even among music nerds, this song and album "C'mon Miracle" is right up there with Joni Mitchell an Laura Nyro for me

23. Safeway 2

Safeway 2 Forum Resident

The band says FBB but this almost all Gene Parsons although he is not the song's writer.
    Honey of a song. Gene sings, plays banjo and drums among other things.

24. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Dublintown, averica, JL6161 and 7 others like this.
  25. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

Fair to Midland. I am evangelical about these guys. Criminally overlooked. This is "Dance of the Manatees" from the fantastic Fables from a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times Is True

Jeff57 and thewonders like this.