Do you have a band? Solo musician? If you have a music video, you can share with our SHTV members.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 30, 2021.

1. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Here's my band, Kensington Lima, doing our best in americana from the other side of the pond...

Chazz, Jesus Jeronimo, Zafu and 3 others like this.
  2. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

A song I wrote in December 1980, but only got around to recording during lockdown. The lyrics capture how it felt at that moment, not a 40 year later reflection.
    [

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Chazz, Fullbug, Jamsterdammer and 5 others like this.
  3. NicoRock

NicoRock Forum Resident

Great stuff!

bagofsoup likes this.
  4. Colin H

Colin H Forum Resident

I live in Belfast, UK, which is twinned with Nashville, TN. In recent years, Belfast has been awash with singer-songwriters obsessed with going to Nashville and the whole 'co-writing' scene there. And public money from the Arts Council is available to help them do so. My view? If you really care about music, do your own thing, don't bother with the formulas, make music not cookies (in the desperate hope that some guy with a big hat and a bigger audience will cover it). 'The Legends of Tomorrow' is an occasional name I use when gathering musicians together for recordings. This particular one features singer Mickey Rafferty from The Minnows (sensational new album 'Californian Poppy' out recently) and jazz pianist bandleader Scott Flanigan (whose second solo album is out soon), with punk legend Petesy Burns (The Outcasts) on drums and bluesmeister Ali MacKenzie on bass.

5. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

We’ll Be Back (based on The Beatles’ I’ll Be Back) by Rick & Jim, recorded in the early days of the pandemic. I’m the one on the left.

Chazz, John B, Zafu and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cranny

Cranny Forum Resident

My band the Goodbye Johnnys, 70s style power pop/punk rock :bdance:

Jamsterdammer and Kate_C. like this.
  7. Cranny

Cranny Forum Resident

Goodbye Johnnys last album on Bandcamp, a new 4 track EP will be uploaded in the next couple of weeks. (for fans of Undertones, Ramones, The Damned etc.)

My Skull, by Goodbye Johnnys

entropyfan likes this.
  8. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

Look, it’s pretty good, but if it were me, Id put a melody over the top of the chords.

I can imagine something moving beautify towards the songs conclusion. But, you know, good job.

9. The Bishop

Pretty good. A nice 80s vibe and a memorable chorus. I think I’d shorten it more to the3:30 mark.

More precise.

Bowie1979 likes this.
  10. The Bishop

Nothing wrong with a good covers band. With a few beers, they go down great.

11. Cat People

Cat People Forum Resident

Thanks Seabass, will let you know when we are gigging down Devon way - as we love it down there and you can advise of venues perhaps nearer the time! ;) Regards Mike.

12. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Well, this is a surprise. I know the drummer who played on this album. (I was in a band with him in the 80s.) I own a copy too. Good stuff.

bagofsoup likes this.
  13. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Awesome!

What kind of neck pickup is that?

jricc likes this.
  14. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Great job! Nice harmonies! The timbre and phrasing are excellent as well.

NumberEight likes this.
  15. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Thanks for the invitation Steve!

Here is a tune "Joy & Rob With The Beagles" did live to video in our yard last spring. Got recognized as a song of the month by NJ Stage. Now that all are vaxxed we are going into the studio to record a more polished version in a few weeks.

If you want to check out some more after this, here is a playlist with 8 original tunes The Beagles did live to video, all of which we plan to make more polished studio recordings of soon, along with a couple others that we never did the live to video thing with.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLySyivuQWUMHW1RxbONZvZz6vuFzjnMql

First 8 months of Covid were my most prolific spurt as a song writer in 25 years.

Zafu likes this.
  16. phonograph

phonograph Forum Resident

This is one of the tracks from our first album in 2018, definitely nice to post it here, cheers.

HiredGoon likes this.
  17. phonograph

Another one...

18. phonograph

And another.....

19. Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Snackophile

Cute! :righton:

Singable, danceable.

jricc likes this.
  20. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

“Telegraph Road”. Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits tribute band I play in.

jricc and Jesus Jeronimo like this.
  21. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

This is kind of dumb/novelty-ish.

22. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

I've not recorded anything since 1992/93. We never made it past the demo stage, all one take sort of stuff really

Soundcloud: Laughing Stock

23. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I play in a band that is best explained as garage/psych/pop. We've been together about a decade. Mainly it's just fun to get together and play, record, etc. It's no audiophile journey though... most of our stuff is recorded onto multitrack cassette machines. Artwork in this video was done by the bassist, Stacey Camden.

24. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I'm playing drums on this Bonnie Raitt (John Hiatt actually) song. btw, I recently discovered "Home Studio Corner" online where musicians can collaborate over the web. Good times!

25. imrichard

imrichard Forum Resident

One of our most accessible tracks. Enjoy!