Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I agree. Is it too much to ask them to get this together for the 50th anniversary?

My personal preference would be a reissue of the 1974 version with the Abbey Road sections, with the additional features of the constituent elements such as:

- the original film
    - the Abbey Road footage in isolation
    - the Oysters documentary that Adrian Maben has screened theatrically over the last few years.

2. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Been too long ago for me to remember the particulars. But if you use a de-esser you should be able to achieve somewhat similar results. Dynamic eq and multiband compression aren’t exactly the same thing, but close enough.

3. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

At the time Maben did the Director's Cut, a lot of original footage had disappeared. Some of it was later found, and it was said they've been working on it.

hi_watt and Choba b CCCP like this.
  4. Smash

Smash Forum Resident

Ta-daaaaa. Read the description.

izgoblin, supermd, pfausto and 47 others like this.
  5. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Who-Hoooo!!!!!!!!

6. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

HOLY S...

7. Chrsal

Chrsal Forum Resident

Is this a SACD or just a Blu-Ray?

mdm08033, DrZhivago and mcallister like this.
  8. Diego Lucas

As I am banned by Dave Gilmour from posting on Pink Floyd's Facebook page with its 30,000,000 subscribers, I am posting this announcement here today and in full on rogerwaters.com. First, a warm welcome back to our little band of brothers and sisters who have always kept an open mind, let’s hope some of the fans whose access to my words is suppressed by Gilmour find their way here and discover some truth. What precipitated this note is that there are new James Guthrie Stereo and 5.1 mixes of the Pink Floyd album Animals, 1977. These mixes have languished unreleased because of a dispute over some sleeve notes that Mark Blake has written for this new release. Gilmour has vetoed the release of the album unless these liner notes are removed. He does not dispute the veracity of the history described in Mark’s notes, but he wants that history to remain secret. This is a small part of an ongoing campaign by the Gilmour/Samson camp to claim more credit for Dave on the work he did in Pink Floyd, 1967-1985, than is his due. Yes he was, and is, a jolly good guitarist and singer. But, he has for the last 35 years told a lot of whopping porky pies about who did what in Pink Floyd when I was still in charge. There’s a lot of "we did this" and "we did that," and "I did this" and "I did that." So, two things: (1). I am agreeing to the release of the new Animals remix, with the sleeve notes removed. Good work James Guthrie by the way, and sorry Mark Blake. The final draft of the liner notes was fact checked and agreed as factually correct by me, Nick and Gilmour. Here they are, enjoy, there’s nothing controversial, just a few simple facts. Read the rest at https://rogerwaters.com/animals-new-m...

9. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

This is one of the very few times I've used this meme .. and I seriously mean it.

[​IMG]

duneman, hernan-r, mdm08033 and 15 others like this.
  10. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

Today is the 2 weeks since my 2nd vaccine so I thought there was enough to celebrate. But it just got better!

11. Nothing4Free

Nothing4Free Forum Resident

12. Diego Lucas

(2). I am in the middle of writing my Memoirs and inevitably some of it contains references to some of the content above. For anyone with a faint heart, I suggest you sit down, but anyone who likes a good laugh, sit back and ****ing howl! ✊ I’m going to sit back and howl along with you.

At the beginning of this post on the subject of porky pies, I say, “There’s an awful lot of “we did this” and “we did that,” and “I did this” and “I did that.” Right? So here’s a short extract from my memoir:

“As chance would have it I was doing a bit of delving in a book of press clippings and came across an interview David Fricke of Rolling Stone Magazine did with DG in a hotel room in NY in 1982, DG’s talking about the Cash register tape for the defining 7/8 rhythm on Money. The interview was published in Musician Magazine, so even back then DG was sowing the seeds of the false narrative. I quote this bit of the article verbatim:

David Fricke: “You recorded the sounds for ‘Money’ on a loop of tape.” Gilmour explains: ”You’re trying to get the impact from the cash register, ‘the snap, crack, crsssh,” You’d mark that one and then measure how long you wanted that beat to go, and that’s the piece you’d use. And you’d chop it together. It was trial and error. You just chop the tapes together, and if it sounds good, you use it. If it doesn’t, you take one section out and put a different one in. Sometimes we’d put one in and it’d be backwards, because the diagonal cut on the tape, if you turn it around is exactly the same. We’d stick that in and instead it would go ‘chung, dum, whoosh.’ And sound great so we’d use that.”
    Well! The reason everything DG is saying here to David Fricke sounds like gobbledygook is because it is ****ing gobbledygook. He has no ****ing idea what he’s talking about. Why? Because unless he was hiding under the ****ing chair, DG wasn’t there when I made that SFX tape loop for Money in the studio I shared with my wife Judy at the bottom of our garden at 187, New North Road, Islington, next door to the North Pole Pub where I used to play darts!

THE FULL STORY OF WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IS IN MY MEMOIRS!
    So, I hope that whets your, and David and Polly’s appetites
    Love
    R.

Animals - New mix update - Roger Waters

13. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

I'm in!

mark winstanley likes this.
  14. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

The whole thing is so petty :rolleyes:

15. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

Only issue is it looks like there isn't any live stuff, unless the cover art is old temp work

[​IMG]

16. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Nor alternate studio run-throughs. Guess the classic versions shall remain enigmatic ; )

ODShowtime and BlueGangsta like this.
  17. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Like sour milk. Maybe there is truth to what he said (I've heard this period the band was its low), but he should make peace with it.

mc9 likes this.
  18. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

I'm in !

mark winstanley likes this.
  19. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

after reading the liner notes i see why david said no.

basically roger claiming to be god when it comes to this album.
    --
    oh and i will for sure purchase the memoirs.

supermd, zinan, JulesRules and 8 others like this.
  20. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

No SACD? Oh well.

21. Devin

Devin Time's Up

What a surprise! The look of terminal shock in my eyes.

zinan, andrewskyDE, Jimbino and 5 others like this.
  22. Haggischomper

Haggischomper Scottish AF

That was hilarious. Petty AF, but hilarious.

23. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Yeah I dont even need to read them. Roger is as much peace and love as Ringo is. ;)

rontoon likes this.
  24. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

So I am guessing multiple disc versions from 1 to 4 will be available, nutjob that I am I will get the biggest one.Any mention of a release date that I missed?I can't wait to hear what James did with the remix.

mcallister and mark winstanley like this.
  25. Ern

Ern Senior Member