Best ' Whack ' on The Sopranos.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Really enjoyed this ground- breaking show back in the day and have been revisiting some favourite episodes.

Don't know how many people were ' whacked ' but it must be a considerable number and some were especially memorable due to the actual killing or the plot line.

But my favourite was when Janice shot that psychopath Ritchie. He had it coming.

2. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Always enjoyed it when Tony kills Ralph in S4. It had been a year in the making and you probably wanted Tony to do it after Ralph beat the stripper to death in the previous season. Joe Pantoliano won an Emmy for that episode as well.

3. Wildest cat from montana

That was a spontaneous killing but he was another one who had it coming.

GregM likes this.
  4. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

The death of Phil Leotardo and the kid vomiting afterward makes me laugh every time.

"Wave bye-bye, Grandpa!"

5. Mikey Palmice getting chased down and shot by Christopher was pretty cool. His protestations that Junior shot Christopher's friend in the eye was pretty funny. And Paulie getting poison ivy was the icing on the cake.

PyroMessiah, Sean, thnkgreen and 4 others like this.
  6. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

The final scene, where David Chase whacked the viewer.

7. Wildest cat from montana

Still puzzling that one out...

rnranimal likes this.
  8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Agree with all the above. Another one dragged out for a year was Salvator "Big *****" Bompensiero--nice touch to have Sinatra's Baubles Bangles and Beads going leading up to it. Must give an honorable mention to Tony getting his own hands and feet dirty to strangle Fabian "Febby" Petrulio, who was the rat discovered by accident in Season 1. Of course the Matthew Bevilaqua murder to avenge the failed hit on Christopher was another classic. "Mommy!"

9. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Long Term Parking - Adriana.

Incredible episode.

10. Efus

Efus Senior Member

When Janice shot Ritchie.

The home lives on the show always seemed to be rather typical, but when Ritchie punched Janice it was a bit of a shock just like the punch, and seconds later she puts a couple bullets in Ritchie.

The kicker there was when Tony first saw the corpse.
    After getting over the surprise, he was very relieved to be rid of Ritchie and pleased with this turn of fortune.
    May have been the happiest he ever was with his sister as well, after she re-appeared in his life.

11. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Tony had already arranged to whack Ritchie, so it relieved him and his crew of having to actually do the hit. He was concerned and skeptical about Janice because much like his mother with Uncle Junior she had been manipulating Ritchie into trying to get rid of Tony.

Great song selection in that episode with the Eurythmics:
    Hey Hey I saved the world today
    Everybody's happy now
    The bad thing's gone away

agaraffa, Sean, hbbfam and 1 other person like this.
  12. Wildest cat from montana

Almost felt sorry for her. Almost.

thnkgreen likes this.
  13. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I feel for her. Every time I rewatch the show I find myself wishing that little fantasy of hers is true where she's driving south by herself. Then she's right back in Sil's car. She was just caught between two ruthless organizations with no one caring about her interests, and she was relatively innocent. You have to feel for her. Unlike some others she never wore a wire or tried to manipulate others--she was motivated by her love for Christopher and little else. Her only fault was her fear to tell anyone about the FBI harassing her as soon as it started, and she had no ability to lawyer up on her own.

PyroMessiah, Sean, g.z. and 6 others like this.
  14. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

Silvio whacking Adriana. She was willing to rat out Chris Moltisanti (short, dark and psychopathic) because she couldn’t do five freaking years for him? Like Big ***** (and just about every other capo), no loyalty in the mob today.

15. Hooodo Man

Hooodo Man Forum Resident

Not quite a whack but when Christopher is high and fell asleep on the dog always stuck with me as a memorable death. After that Adriana.

Sean, mrdon, Efus and 2 others like this.
  16. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Cosette!

Sean, mrdon, Veronica Mars and 3 others like this.
  17. Wildest cat from montana

The only innocent victim in the show.

18. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Forum Resident

Phil Leotardo, not so much for the whack but for the ensuing chaos. Hilarious.

19. GregM

GregM The expanding man

"She must've crawled under there for warmth."

20. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

There are a few like the waiter in Atlantic City who complains about the $14 tip from the $1,000 bill Paulie and Chris run up. Or the home owner whose car Vito hits when he is driving back to New Jersey.

What is interesting about Richie Aprile is early on when he meets Chris Montisanti he warns him not to hit his niece Adriana until he puts a ring on her ring…he is old school. Hitting Janice Soprano (whom he is engaged to but not married) gets him killed later on. Like Livia Soprano warns about someone killed wearing seatbelts and one of the comic reliefs (Sean Gismonte) who tries to kill Chris is trapped by wearing his seat belt.

21. TheNightfly1982

TheNightfly1982 Forum Resident

Phil Leotardo. It was a revolting, yet hilarious death scene.

22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Does the toilet get credit for a whack? If so, I vote for that one.

23. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

24. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I misread the thread title as Best ‘Whack’ on The Simpsons.

Oh Whacking Day
    Oh Whacking Day
    Our sacred snake skull cracking day

25. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

That is also such a great episode