Do you have a band? Solo musician? If you have a music video, you can share with our SHTV members.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 30, 2021.

1. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

This is from my third album with my writing partner. All written and tracked during lockdown in NYC. For fans of Byrds, Replacements, Dream Syndicate

ampmods and manicpopthrill like this.
  2. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

The very reason most of us joined here was not because of this, instead what others have achieved by not being us.

Waymore Lonesome likes this.
  3. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

That was superb.
    Great song. Loved it.

ghoulsurgery likes this.
  4. David Stilesson

David Stilesson Forum Resident

You could've just said that you don't have any musical talent. Loving this thread!

HorseyAnn likes this.
  5. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

I was part of a band in the 6th grade. I won't bore anybody with the details unless they want them but here is the history, simplified without Proper nouns.
    My best friend ( who played trumpet and some guitar) and I (who played piano and actually forgot that I could play auxiliary percussion. That was weird because I played bass drum for the school band that year.) decided to join the school rock band. Eventually, so many people joined that the music teacher asked us to form little sub-bands. Him and I partnered with four other friends. Then, someone else came in. Eventually, the band ended up having NINE people. One person never showed up to a rehearsal. One person stopped coming and stopped talking about it. Then, everyone else except me never had a set schedule so we never had a full band rehearsal. One time, it was just me for half an hour and then someone came late. When people did show up, they goofed around. I would lose my temper which was unlike myself, as I am usually a very calm person. Sometimes. I then had the brilliant idea to quit. Soon after I did, my best friend (who was the only other person who consistently showed up) quit. Then, the only other person who would be able to make the band somewhat good, quit. Then someone else quit. I don't really know what happened after, but I can safely assume that everyone else quit. No one mentioned the band after that incident except my best friend and I, where it turned into an inside joke. I have not done any musical collaborations with anyone else since then for fear of the same thing happening.
    I thank anyone who has read through this rant.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Kris-AOTY, Shawn and Umbari like this.
  6. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

Thank you! I probably should’ve specified, I’m the bassist for the band

7. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

You have a website or bandcamp link?

8. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

No, sorry

9. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

I'll jump in. This is a song from my newest album Side Tracked. Released last summer. Blues and rock mixed up with some pop sensibility and sometimes some "out" playing.

I'm on guitar. The band is really great. Bruce Katz on keys (look him up; he's fantastic).

BluesOvertookMe and HiredGoon like this.
  10. Junkstar

Junkstar Forum Resident

11. Pink_Crimson

Pink_Crimson Member

12. Pink_Crimson

Pink_Crimson Member

And number two - surrender:

13. primitivesludge

primitivesludge Forum Resident

this is the band I've been in since 2007 and made three LPs and a bunch of odds/sods with. weirdly only have any fans in France.
    ffo: "post-punk" I guess, I hate selling myself

Kate_C. likes this.
  14. tappioha

tappioha Forum Resident

Not my band, but the drummer of my my band has another trio (now added horns). I went in, added few lights and shot the video. Five takes within one hour and they chose the one they liked. Analog recording.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  15. dave_ida

dave_ida Forum Resident

my band of brothers 1980s

16. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

17. SOLkung

SOLkung Member

Here is a link to my old band SOLKUNGEN (" The Sun King" in Swedish) on spotify, you can find it on other streaming services as well.

We were active in Sweden in the early 90's 1991-93. It's heavy psychedelic pop with poetic lyrics in southern Swedish. Influences among others were Byrds, Zappa, Nick Drake, Genesis, Roxy Music...

https://open.spotify.com/album/0HxOzDcDiZTXTNacMNIufJ

18. HonestDenver

HonestDenver Forum Resident

19. phonograph

phonograph Forum Resident

A track off our album from 2006.

HiredGoon likes this.
  20. jjjos

jjjos Forum Resident

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzjRXrlQpKSmIi9fkrnr9BMpS4-5HTeb9

I’ve been writing music, recording and producing it from a spare bedroom in our home and releasing it under the moniker Reflectivity since 2014. This is a link to my latest EP, Master of None, it’s rock/pop based. I’m also on Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal, and other services but listen where it’s free. Even if you already subscribe you might feel ripped off.

21. donny

donny Forum Resident

HiredGoon likes this.
  22. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

I don't do personal attacks here by stating someone in particular is right or wrong.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  23. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I'm reminded of Dylan or Roy Harper here :righton:

--Geoff

donny likes this.
  24. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

25. bagofsoup

bagofsoup Forum Resident

Please tell Eric that Eddie says hi. Not sure what ever happened to the old lad, but I haven’t been able to make contact over the last couple years decades. Thanks for the kind words!

DPM likes this.