Turntable Lab online experiences

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MarioHead, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello SHF,

I just wanted to ask if anyone here has had the experience of buying online from Turntable Lab? I recently ordered some records ( 2 days ago) and up to now my order status is paid but “unfulfilled”. Upon reading their FAQ, i realized that their orders are “fulfilled by Amazon”. Does this mean they get their records from Amazon’s warehouse? My real concern is that the records might be placed in those oversized Amazon shipping boxes which may cause damage to the records. If you have purchased online from TTL, i hope you could share your experiences here. Thanks in advance for ypur replies!

2. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I am in the middle of a nightmare with this company. I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. One of the very few poor expetiences I have had in my buying career. Terrible,honestly.

patient_ot likes this.
  3. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello. I eventually got my records, albeit with some delay. Their website does a terrible job of updating your orders so that definitely doesn’t help. Would you mind sharing your experience? They come out with their own TTL exclusive releases which is the only reason why I bought from them in the past.

4. krisjay

Quick version, I ordered a product, it ended up to not be as advertised. I cancelled the order. They stated it was cancelled and refunded. 7 days later it still hasn't been refunded. Over 300 dollar order, otherwise I wouldn't stress to much. Other things were shady, but that is the basics. Credit card company will take care of it after a certain period of time, so in the end, hopefully all wll be well. Mostly it was the attitude of the employee that is the biggest issue. A refund takes time to go through, but it shows up as refunded as soon as they switch it to refunded. The initial refund never was done but they insist it has been. I wanted to be easy going due to obvious low staff and such, but the attitude really got to me. Guess that wasn't the quick version.

patient_ot likes this.
  5. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I'd be curious to know if anyone had an order come through recently. I took a chance ordering from this company and it was a substantial amount of money, so far one week with no update and I'm starting to get nervous. I've tried contacting them with no luck.

I get that things are slow with everyone right now but when I don't get an update but instead multiple advertising emails each day it has me concerned. Hoping this doesn't turn into a Soundstage Direct situation where they just take money and don't fulfill orders.

6. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Bit of an update. After over a week I did hear from TTL finally. No real timeline, just a vague answer that they're working on it. Meanwhile the TTL social media posts and advertising emails are still flowing.

Unfortunately the bulk of my order (the main item) has still not shipped. I'm giving them until Friday to make good after which I will file a claim. By then they will have had ~2 weeks to ship an "in stock" order of a substantial amount of money. Not sure what is going on there but even with everything happening in the world I think ~2 weeks is long enough before I have to consider the possibility that I'm being strung along and ripped off.

Caveat emptor with this company.

7. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I haven't purchased from them in years but never had a problem in the past. Made multiple orders, mainly on LPs in the 00's, way before amazon expanded to its present status. Hate to hear there's issues now and hope all are resolved but am still disappointed in this.

patient_ot likes this.
  8. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

A friend told me something similar. He spent thousands of dollars with them but hasn't bought anything in 4-5 years and has no recent experience with them. He was very surprised when I told him what was going on. I ordered from their site, not Amazon.

In any case, it's not unheard for a business to be fine before they decide to take the money and run. Happens all the time. I think I'm being generous with the amount of time I'm giving them. If they do make good, I'll let everyone know.

Consider my perspective though. Big order, first time customer. They have my money, all I have is a vague response and advertising emails that keep coming. It should be understandable to them that I'm suspicious and growing leery by the day. You'd think that would get them to ship what I paid for but I'm still waiting. So I gave them a deadline...let's see if they make it.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  9. krisjay

As an update, I got my refund. It got processed, "after" I contacted the credit card company. The CC company stated it had never been processed as a refund. I contacted TTL, stated I had talked to the CC company and they would take action in a few days. Miraculously, the day before the CC company was going to take action I got a refund. Make of this what you will. Just one persons experience.

Bobby Buckshot and patient_ot like this.
  10. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Hope they make it right.

Unfortunately I can't recommend them anymore to folks after reading some of the issues here. That's a shame. They were really dependable back in the day and packaged all of their products very well.

patient_ot likes this.
  11. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I honestly don't know what to think. My order consisted of two items. One big, expensive item, and one smaller, less expensive item. After giving them the deadline, the less expensive item was drop-shipped from an Amazon warehouse. So there was no packing or anything there, they just clicked a button and took a week and half to do that.

Late yesterday I got a tracking number for the big, expensive item. Had I not given them the deadline, I have no idea what might have happened. At this point I cannot say if they actually packaged and shipped the big item or if it's another drop shipped item. I guess I'll find out when it shows up, which hopefully will be soon and fingers crossed that there is no problem with the item. I can only imagine what might occur if I had to return or exchange something.

Like I said all the social media posts and advertising emails left a sour taste. That's not the right way to go about things when you have $$$ in many customers' orders tied up IMHO. I know of one record label/distro that often gets swamped with huge amounts of orders (such as when they run a sale or have a high profile release) and has a small staff of 2-3 people max. Instead of saying "Hey! Buy more stuff, we'll ship at some point!" and a deluge of spam, they post photos of stacks and stacks of packaged orders that are getting picked up by USPS/UPS/DHL/etc. This definitely gives buyers more confidence.

12. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Well, they did come through in the end for me. Communication to customers could be a bit better IMHO though.

13. Madison Mike

Madison Mike Forum Resident

I've bought a handful of records and a mat from them. Received the orders the following day. Looked like Amazon-style packaging and sure enough the return address was from the big Amazon distribution center in my state. No issues whatsoever however, everything packed well and as I said received the following day.

14. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

They do have many items that are fulfilled by Amazon but also ship some stuff (usually bigger ticket items, not records and mats) from their own location.

15. Madison Mike

Madison Mike Forum Resident

I was wondering about that. I recently read that they closed their NYC storefront.

I came very close to ordering a 1500c from them a few months ago because they had some in stock. Then I found a dealer who offered a good trade-in value on my old deck so went with them even though I had to wait for their pending stock order.

At that time Turntable Lab had a disclaimer on their website that orders were taking 3-7 business days to ship due to Covid. :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.