“I can’t believe I once thought that...”

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by classicrockguy, Jun 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

first time i ever saw "pink floyd" (my fav band) was pulse and i just faintly remember gilmour with his red strat. i remember thinking it was pretty good but not really.

but that wasnt the "real" pink floyd.

ODShowtime likes this.
  2. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

I can't believe I once though the Monkees could never possibly be the subject of a four-part (and counting) thread spanning about 1,000 pages.

fr in sc, goodiesguy, ARK and 6 others like this.
  3. Panther

Panther Forum Resident

Ah.

Well, I think your initial interpretation is closer to what the band meant, if you look at the lyrics to the song of the same name. So, while you may have missed the 'fornication', you actually got it right, I'd say.

Jarleboy likes this.
  4. Panther

Panther Forum Resident

His name is Mike Jagger... sort of. His birth name is 'Michael Philip Jagger'.

Jarleboy, goodiesguy, ARK and 2 others like this.
  5. Panther

Panther Forum Resident

Frightening, isn't it?

6. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

I'm probably on my own in this alley, but...

On Public Image Limited's "Fodderstompf" I always thought it was John and Keith Levene messing around. A few years ago I found it wasn't Keith but Jah Wobble, which makes sense as Keith doesn't really do 'funny'.

deredordica and Nimby like this.
  7. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

I spent months looking for this great Blondie album I kept reading about called Blonde on Blonde. It took me a while to notice they weren't spelled the same.

8. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

Another was when I was around four in 1970, I really thought they were called Simon & God's Uncle. :rolleyes:

9. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

Everyone knows his name is Brenda.

carlwm, Electric and willy like this.
  10. SuddenSam

SuddenSam Forum Resident

Weirdly, this makes perfect sense to me.
    What’s more, I concur.

11. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

This one isn't mine, but a friend of the family thought that Olivia Newton-John was a group, as in "Olivia, Newton, & John"

12. DankFridge

DankFridge Forum Resident

I've heard the song. But as far as the album title goes, it's RHCP... they meant sex first

13. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

When I was a kid, I thought Elton John and Olivia Newton-John were married.

14. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Certainly not in the UK anyway….

Alright Now
    The Stealer
    My Brother Jake
    Little Bit of Love
    Wishing Well

and a few albums….

15. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I thought "Come Out and Play (Keep 'em Separated)" by The Offspring was a Megadeth song.

Fortunately, I got it all straightened out pretty quickly.

16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

My first AC/DC album was Highway To Hell (never seen them before that) and I used to think Bon Scott was Angus and Angus was Bon Scott on the front cover. It wasn't until after Back In Black came out that I found out differently when I saw the photos of the band with Brian Johnson and Angus being the guy who I thought was Bon Scott. LOL

bataclan2002 and ODShowtime like this.
  17. mikee

mikee Forum Resident

Me too. Didn't pay any attention, misunderstood, dismissed the hit without really listening or having any idea what that group was. 50 years later I listened to a compilation, learned who they were and they are now a most favored artist

ARK likes this.
  18. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

The sunglasses came about by accident. Orbison wore prescription glasses but during a tour with The Beatles all he had were prescription sunglasses, needing them to see he wore them. He was photographed with them and the look stuck. In the movie The Fastest Gun In The West Orbison was without glasses.

The group name the "The Monkees" was inspired by The Beatles.

From what I understand, Orr sung in a manner similar to Ocasek on The Cars records, and in the song "Drive" Orr was the lead singer.

bataclan2002 likes this.
  19. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

ABBA are silly and bland to me, but I never doubted their musical pedigree. Especially Benny is ridiculously talented. The best musicians can make the worst music - see also Toto and Queen.

20. I can’t believe that ET was once a half-decent show.

beccabear67 and notesfrom like this.
  21. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

Your opinion is valid because everyone has a different musical taste, but I do not think that they were silly and bland. Listen to the lyrics of „Knowing Me, Knowing You“ or „S.O.S.“. They are not very complicated, but these lyrics are sad and not very happy or silly or bland:cool:

22. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

I have to mention that ABBA isn’t my favourite band until today, but I can appreciate their musical skills and some tracks (especially Knowing Me, Knowing You; S.O.S.; The Name Of The Game) are high class pop songs!

23. For some reason I thought the same thing as a kid - that Led Zeppelin was the singer’s name. No idea why, seeing as “Led” isn’t exactly a proper name.

ODShowtime likes this.
  24. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Way back, long before The Age of Digi, someone told me there was a great live WHO album out, titled "Live At The Paramount" which I had never heard of. I of course started searching for that like crazy of course to no avail ...until at last I found out that my source guy obviously confused The 'Oooo with The Guess Who. Aaarrrgh! :p

ARK likes this.
  25. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I thought "Big Me" by the Foo Fighters was an REM song.

DankFridge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.