Black Sabbath - Sabotage - 5 LPs!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cranny, Apr 9, 2021.

1. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

The textured cover appeared on the UK 1st pressings. Nice touch. Usually the U.S pressing would omit certain aspects of the UK releases.

GRompre68 and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  2. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Skimmed though the CD and you know what...? I like it.
    Will have to compare to other pressings when I have a chance.

3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

My box just showed up. Will listen tonight as I’m on my way out. Very excited to go through everything and hear how it sounds.

James Bennett and Curveboy like this.
  4. Score17

Score17 Forum Resident

Is the studio album remix in this set different than the 2015 release and if so, does it sound demonstrably better? Thanks for any info/impressions.

5. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

Remix?

6. Score17

Score17 Forum Resident

Pardon...meant to say remaster

7. Score17 likes this.
  8. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Set just arrived. Very nice set. Amazon delivery double boxed with the set in original packing box from WB. Scrapbook is ok. Would be nice to have a bit more info on the album, recording, etc. but it looks nice. However there is quite a bit of overlap with the tourbook pictures and info. Textured cover for the LP is wonderful. Only downside with my set is the live LP cover is dented. A little bit of a bummer but probably not really worth the hassle of returning. More importantly, will give it a listen this weekend. I did note the 2020 remaster date so it will be interesting to hear how this compares to the previous Pearce remaster...

John Bliss likes this.
  9. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

There’s just so little material available from this time period of the band, no doubt due to them basically managing themselves. Is this ad for the album in the book?

[​IMG]

10. Heads up when taking out the discs. They are mini-LPs, but they are not the completely flat versions we are used to. They spine is really wide and the discs, in plastic sleeves, come flying out very easily.

11. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Yes

John Bliss and Gus Tomato like this.
  12. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

Ive seen these replica MSG posters around, but never could find an actual or who the original source was. Probably a fake. The Thank You poster ad shows the MSG date as Dec 3.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  13. Thanks for the info!
    There is a dedicated thread for digital versions of this box set btw:
    Black Sabbath Sabotage 2021 digital

sandimascharvel and BGLeduc like this.
  14. Thanks, and DANG IT! I searched Sabotage, and asked for the newest posts...I just missed it.

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  15. Murph

Murph Enjoy every sandwich!

It was December… I was at the show and iirc, it was Ozzy’s birthday too. The brought out a huge birthday cake with a devil on it lol. BTW, they were awesome!

16. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

From what I saw on Youtube, the book lists Aug 4th and Dec 3rd. Seems the Aug show is doubtful, since the Thank You add mentions December as their debut appearance at the Garden which corresponds to your recollection.

Murph and blacksabbathrainbow like this.
  17. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic

They sound great to me, I can confirm the live albums part 1 & 2 are Asbury Park ‘75.

18. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Ordered from Amazon yesterday and just got delivered. Looking forward to spinning this set !!!!

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  19. Okay, who's going to be the first to confirm if "Blow On A Jug" is on the vinyl? :D

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  20. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Yep. It's there

21. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

By "material" you mean promotional advertising and what not?

I can't remember too much about that, but there was some. And whatever they were doing it was rare even during this self-management period to have an issue of Creem, Circus/Circus Raves, Hit Parader, RS, etc. without something about them from what I remember. I do recall that when Sabotage came out it went straight to #1 in the Circus Rock Chart and they were on the cover of Circus Raves with an extensive interview. RS had a very positive review of Sabotage, iirc. They were back with a vengeance and out on the road again. Then they did Kirshner which was insane!

[​IMG]

22. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I’m really digging this remaster. Sounds great on my system, got it cranked and it’s very very good.

23. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic

I just bought the English Rock magazine Record Collector Black Sabbath special edition magazine, should be getting it in a couple days.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    John Bliss and MetalPatchesVinyl like this.
  24. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

I picked it up already and it’s great. Totally different to this older issue pictured above. This is the new one....

[​IMG]

25. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

Still waiting for mine to arrive :mad:
    I love these ‘Special Edition’ one-offs, I’ve an attic filled with hundreds of rock mags, so I’ve basically stopped buying them unless it’s a whole magazine dedicated to the band.