CKY - Volume 1 (Original Vs Remaster: Which Sounds Better?)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wickedfox, Jun 11, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wickedfox

Wickedfox Member Thread Starter

Like The Title Says, Which Version Sounds Better In Audio Quality: The Original 1999 Release Or The 2001 Stephen Marcussen Remaster. Personally, I Think The Original Version (Mixed By The Band Themselves & Mastered By Walt Mecleary) Sounds Better. The 2001 Remaster Sound "Loud". I Just Want To Know B4 Buying The CD From Discogs. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Would like to know that as well :) It seems the remaster is a bit more detailed as well, but the compression is also there as you mentioned...

3. Wickedfox

Also sounds alittle Compressed as well.

4. Soundslave

You mean the original sounds compressed? Well that's the way it was for alternative music since the end of 90's I think. Did you get both versions btw?

5. Wickedfox

No The Remaster Sounds Slightly Compressed. I Don't Have Either Version, I Listened To Them Through The Youtube Topic Channels / Youtube Music With Audio Quality On The Highest Settings

6. Soundslave

Well, I thought you already stated in the first comment that remaster is louder hence a bit more compressed :) Okay, I thought you got either version so that decided to add something to the table in terms of sound comparison :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.