Beatles 4LP White Album Box at Walmart

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by forthlin, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team Thread Starter

Saw a couple of Walmart threads but think this is a bit different. Had to make a quick stop at Walmart and, of course, checked out the vinyl. No big price reductions on the usual stuff, but they had two 4LP boxed sets of the White Album (2018 edition) for $50! I think I paid close to double that a when it was released. Might be worth a look if you haven't picked this up yet.

Nephrodoc, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah this was reported in a few other Walmart threads already but I’m sure plenty of folks didn’t see it. So thanks for starting another thread for sure!

Also note that there have been an uncommonly large number of people flipping, I mean, SELLING new/sealed copies of these in our own classifieds. Pretty clear what’s going on here...

3. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

forthlin and hutlock like this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

There's an unsold copy in our Classifieds subforum. Seller wants $50. + $5.

hutlock likes this.
  5. Jeepster39

Jeepster39 Forum Resident

$50 is about the price it should have been all along. Can't say I found the presentation worthy of $90. Glad people are able to get it at a lower price. I got mine from Amazon Warehouse for $40 earlier this year.

Davidmk5, hutlock and forthlin like this.
  6. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Amazon Warehouse are where returns/damaged items are listed. Just an FYI. Nothing wrong with buying something you like there, I have never been able to do it.

7. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I bought the Abbey Road blu-ray box as a $55 warehouse deal a number of months back. The box was partially damaged but the discs are fine, and I don’t listen to the box.

hutlock, ScramMan2 and Davidmk5 like this.
  8. Jeepster39

Jeepster39 Forum Resident

Yeah, I take my chances, knowing returns are relatively painless. I've turned up some decent stuff with negligible issues or just cosmetic defects.

ScramMan2 and Davidmk5 like this.
  9. Derrell Gore

Derrell Gore Forum Resident

I just picked up the 4 record set for $49 at Walmart. Brought it home and put the first record on and needle started jumping all over towards middle of first side…you could physically see it jumping up and down. Took it back and was going to just get a refund. This was within an hour of when i bought it. They said they couldn’t refund records. I don’t usually buy at the store and have never had problems returning online. They would exchange so i got another one. Still on first side but so far don’t have the same issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

JohnBlutarski likes this.
  10. Derrell Gore

Well like i said first copy was returned. Second copy played good on first side and then had same issue on second side. Never seen s record do this before…you can physically see needle like vibrating erratically and then it gets so bad it starts jumping. Seems to be toward center of record. Maybe pressing is not centered but seems to be on one side only. First one was like this on side one. This one is on side two.

Something tells me Walmart is getting a good deal on bad pressings and selling them cheaper.

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  11. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

My Walmart has had the same 4 boxes in stock for months for $49.99. I had been hemhawing for a long while about getting a second copy. I finally did a couple of weeks ago. They all had an anti-theft device attached and I didn't notice it at the time but it left small grooves on all 4 sides of the box. A small thing, but I've very picky about that kind of thing. At the price, I'm not complaining too much.

It's funny how they can sell the White Album box for $50 but the new Let it Be box, which is the same number of albums (+EP), is 3x-4x the price.

12. Derrell Gore

Well are Target a three disc of All Things Must Pass cost more than 5 disc version…go figure. I think in this case 3 disc is too high.

13. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Have you checked your vtf to see if it's in line with cartridge recommendations. Also, is anti skating set properly?

mrjinks likes this.
  14. Derrell Gore

Yes i checked that…seems to be good and have not had issues with other albums.

DLD likes this.
  15. Derrell Gore

I bought a sgt peppers at target today and it plays perfectly.

16. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Wait a few years and it probably will be $50 (pending if they made a ton of them). My guess is they anticipated more sales for the White Album box so they're letting it out for cheap. This is probably the last effort to relinquish that stock. One day it will be gone.

Buggyhair likes this.
  17. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Your profile doesn’t list your equipment. Which turntable and cartridge pairing had this problem?

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I’ll bet they made fewer of them. Labels seem to be getting better at calculating demand and then making just enough to meet near-term demand and that’s it.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I saw Sgt Pepper drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

20. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I saw that $49 price last week. Hard to beat.

21. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Found one for $49.97 at my Walmart today while picking up a prescription. Couldn't resist it. Kind of figured it's now or never.

[​IMG]

hype, SimonSaysCake and black sheriff like this.
  22. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

The sound, packaging & condition of the vinyl is A+ in this vinyl box set as the price is also. Everything is of high quality. My only wish would be a better liner notes booklet, it should come with more than a 4 page cardboard insert. My vinyl playback has none of the problems some here are reporting. This is a jem of a box set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.