THE BEATLES -"GET BACK" film directed by Peter Jackson on Disney+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sfligio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

Are we sure these six hours do not include any talking heads? God I hope not!

ted321 likes this.
  2. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I wouldn't rule out the possibility, or perhaps some voice-over to help by providing some context or some perspective however I don't think that was the goal of this project so I'm not expecting it.

ODIrony likes this.
  3. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

I don't think the Talking Heads were a band yet...

:p

Cheers,
    Paul

4. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

And they may ask themselves, "Well... how did I get here?"

5. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

Interesting would be interviews with those policemen who had to stop the final Beatles concert.

6. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

I'm really exited, 6 hours! And if it is streaming first, bluray later, that's no problem for me. What I'm afraid of, is that it will be exclusive, premium content on Disney+, like Mulan was. Than I'll have to pay $20,- in addition to the monthly fee and than later more euro's for the disc. Well, fingers crossed......

FVDnz, BeatleJWOL and ODIrony like this.
  7. appleboy

appleboy Forum Resident

From the Variety article - NO TALKING HEADS!!

"Jackson says he didn’t need to manipulate Lindsay-Hogg’s original footage—or include talking heads to contextualize things—to create a dramatic plot. The sessions formed their own story, and Get Back, he decided, could simply be a “documentary about the documentary.”

DLeet, FVDnz, dlokazip and 9 others like this.
  8. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

It was shot on 16mm and transferred to 35mm, where it got very grainy.

9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I also fear an hour of showing us HOW the material was 'cleaned-up'.....

dlokazip likes this.
  10. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

You could probably do quite a good behind-the-scenes documentary just on this documentary. Seeing the scanning process, how much restoration had to be done, hear them talk about the DNR process and their reasoning behind whatever methods and the intensity of the de-graining that they chose to go with.
    Yeah, I get that you are talking about it being a part of the film but I'm thinking "Oh that should be an extra for the extras section". Some of these Disney+ movies have really pathetic extras, it's just a "Clip" from the movie, not even a trailer.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  11. Gary7704

Gary7704 Chasing that sound….

Thats what I’m concerned about. I will be out of town and unable to record it. I hope the entire 6 hours is released on BlueRay in the future and NOT
    an exclusive Disney thing.

drum_cas likes this.
  12. vince

I've Got A Feeling....that even the 6-hour version won't have the 'full-length' "Dig It" or "Suzie Parlor".....
    prove me wrong, Jackson!

CraigBic likes this.
  13. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Nothing in the press release indicates it will be a live broadcast, so you should be able to stream it anytime you want (and as many times as you want) after each part has been released on Disney+. As long as you have an active membership of course.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    jmxw, Paul P. and BeatleJWOL like this.
  14. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Well...I know what I will be doing Thanksgiving weekend.

15. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I so hope you're right about this.

16. vince

You DON'T want those two things????
    NOW, who's crazy??!?:crazy:

Floater and Simon A like this.
  17. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Oh, I'm crazy, but there are more important songs to have in those six hours.

18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Record it? That's not how Disney+ works. It will be there forever or at least years

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  19. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

A kind of movie that must be rewinded and fowarded multiple times.
    Consume in excess

20. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I wish we could tape it :D

boggs likes this.
  21. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Google playon ...

Claudio Dirani likes this.
  22. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I plan on recording it to VHS with one 6 hour tape. Then I'm going to dub it a few times until it looks like a boot I'd have watched in 1989. Only two head decks in this house, BTW. Not even stereo!

andrewskyDE, BeatleJWOL, jmxw and 2 others like this.
  23. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

My wife and I LOVE that N-A-R-R-O-W M-O-N-O, so we'll be sure to check this out! :righton:

BeatleJWOL and cwitt1980 like this.
  24. appleboy

appleboy Forum Resident

Exactly. This is what Disney Plus does, like Nettflix - they stream content you can watch at any time. They don't do one time' live broadcasts like say Anthology. Disney paid tens of millions to get this to build their brand and (they hope) build ongoing subscribers). The Beatles /Apple get the movie out to a far wider audience, probably in the notion of maintaining and extending the Beatles exposure to new audiences. makes sense to me and ey , who would turn down 50 big ones at the same time.

I'll pay my $8 or so per month to watch it over and over as many times as I want rather than spend twice twice cost to sit in a movie theatre in a global pandemic that's a long way from over. We have a good couch, bottle of wine and home made popcorn at our fingers tips. No crinkly chippier packet openers in the next row to worry about, no baby sitter, what's there not to like....

I fully expected this thread to be complaining about what didn't go in the 90 min - 2 hour cut and spending months speculating on what extras we'd get on blu ray. We will indeed get a blu ray edition, and almost certainly loaded with extras down stream.

It beggars belief there's so much gnashing of teeth over the news it's 6 hours long. 6 HOURS LONG, to watch endlessly for next to nothing.

People are welcome not to watch it if they feel so strongly on the 'I'm not doing streaming, especially on Disney" line. If that's such an issue , that is stronger than the desire to watch Get Back, well...there's always a good book.

jacden, willy, drum_cas and 9 others like this.
  25. You forgot the guy sitting behind you, making irritating comments, and laughing at his own "cleverness".

905 likes this.