MOFI SACD Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by keithdylan, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain Thread Starter

If you are a Dylan fan you can stock up on quite a few Dylan SACDs at MOFI for 25% off the sale price. The code is SACD25. There are a few other artists too, but Dylan dominates. I purchased all the Dylan titles even though I really don't need them.......I may have a problem.

Greenalishi, Tjazz, Kubricker and 2 others like this.
  2. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Here's the link to the sale items:
    On-Sale

Still a good deal even though they charge for shipping.

PhantomStranger and hyde park like this.
  3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Holy cow, $10 for 1 SACD??!

4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

the sale must be over as I entered the code and it said: Enter a valid discount code or gift card
    oh well, there were only 3 discs on the whole sale that I did not have, I had passed them up before I can live without them.

5. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

For me I see $8.75 shipping on 2 SACDs

hutlock likes this.
  6. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

I wish I bought more from this. Music Direct has apparently whittled down their Memorial Day sale to 10% while excluding most, if not all, MFSL reissues. I guess the skyrocketing demand of MFSL vinyl convinced them that they didn't need any more sales to move their own product, even the SACD's.

7. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

They have a bunch of SACDs $5 off
    Code: SACD5

On their page select SACD SALE from the ALL FORMATS drop down menu for eligible titles

C6H12O6 and moomoomoomoo like this.
  8. moomoomoomoo

I'm just seeing the usual titles at $10 off as they've been. This is the page I went to. Is it a different link?

On-Sale

9. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Different.
    I went to the main site www.mofi.com
    Click on Shop Music
    Click on All Formats and Select SACD Sale
    They all show full price, discount applied at checkout

I don’t see your list/link there

Sorry having trouble pasting links from my phone

10. moomoomoomoo

Thanks that worked! I really wish the Vanilla Fudge had a stereo option........

11. moomoomoomoo

Thank you for the post!

2 Questions:
    1. Do they have a free ship threshold? Economy shipping is almost $9 for 2 discs.
    2. Do you know if they charge sales tax? I haven't seen tax mentioned so far, & I'm up to entering credit card information.

Thanks!

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I’ve never ordered from them before, I don’t see a free shipping threshold. I went as high as $150 and it was still there
    Tax is tricky, for example on my last order from Music Direct it didn’t show tax (I was shipping to WA) but I did get charged it

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  13. moomoomoomoo

Thank you!

14. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Took advantage of 5 dollar off SACD sale at MOFI. Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid Dylan Sdttck. Carole King Tapestry. Chicago S/T. Miles Sorcerer. Bob Dylan Highway 61 Mono. Bob Dylan the Times Stereo. Jefferson airplane. Not a bad deal at even with 8.76 shipping ;)

C6H12O6 and hutlock like this.
  15. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Music Direct has launched another sale, but it's exactly like their Memorial Day weekend sale a few weeks ago - only 10% off rather than 15 or 20, and no MFSL reissues are eligible, though this time they actually spell that out rather than vaguely saying "eligible items only." I guess that's how Music Direct's going to roll for the foreseeable future, so the $5 off at MOFI's own site is likely the best deal you can get now on MFSL SACD's that aren't already on clearance. (Not all regular-priced, in-stock items are eligible, but most of them seem to be.)

hutlock and MikeJedi like this.
  16. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Agreed. This is about as good as it gets for now. Happy with my purchase ! ! :)

C6H12O6 and hutlock like this.
  17. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I guess shipping gets slightly better with more items, for me, shipping to Wisconsin was $10 for 4 SACDs, so about $2.50 a disc. So really since at most places, 4 discs is going to put you into a free shipping category you are really only saving $2.50 a disc. I did it anyway.
    I picked up 4 Miles Davis titles that I didn't already have, I've been holding off on some since I had either the Columbia SACD or a JSACD and wondered if there was much improvement - it appears from a brief look at reviews here at SHF the mfsl win out. I think I have most of the Miles mfsl titles now on SACD and the couple I don't have I have on mfsl vinyl.

hutlock, C6H12O6 and MikeJedi like this.
  18. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

I was going to pass on some of the Miles Davis titles that were remixes, but they're still all-analog mixes on analog masters per Mark Wilder and MFSL, and I figure why not take advantage of the sale why they're still affordable and in-print?

floyd and MikeJedi like this.
  19. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Anyone know why in the MD site it says “Shippable” but just sits there for weeks on end and nothing happens ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.