SleeveCity coupon thread

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mike from NYC, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, i'd love to hear the reasoning because if anything it seems like things would be better then ever for him right now sales wise.. I seen people all over the place the last while talking about waiting for there orders to come/wanting to make new ones (including me).

2. aravel

aravel starchitect...then, father!

You're right, below Rio Grande, S&H it's so damn expensive that everytime I look in that web site, I picture myself like a kid with the nose pressed against the glass of a candy store window without a penny in the pocket.

3. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

I was planning to order some Ultimate Outers 2.5mil but maybe I will hold off for a bit on the current conversations around shipping.

Can anyone recommend an outer sleeve that is comparable to the Sleeve City Ultimate Outers? If it can be sourced from Amazon, even better.

4. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What current conversations on shipping? They’re all over 2 months old. AFAIK, Sleeve City cleared their order backlog some time ago.

fndrblndr likes this.
  6. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

Good call...I will give them a go.

marcb likes this.
  7. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

Any codes out there?

8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Not that I’m aware of.

And with economic forces as they are right now, I don’t expect any anytime soon. Hope I’m wrong though...I’ll probably need to stock up on a few things sometime fairly soon.

fndrblndr likes this.
  9. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

Ah, makes sense...I used to get their emails w/ the discount codes pretty frequently but it seems that those have dropped off as of late.

marcb likes this.
  10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

FWIW, I just looked at their site and it appears a number of items are backordered until October. I assume there must be a supplier problem, but who knows?

fndrblndr likes this.
  11. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

Most places experiencing supply problems right now.

12. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I went ahead and placed a big order yesterday so I could finish off re-sleeving the rest of my collection. Ordering Qty: 1000 of the 2.5 ml outers did get me a decent volume discount.

fndrblndr and Davidmk5 like this.
  13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

All 3 items I needed were in stock and purchased.

Fed Ex Ground about $15 from Bartlett to Hendersonville ( 217 mi. )

The manufacturers that insist on those damned paper inner sleeves should be getting a cut of SC's profit. :rant:

Dignan2000 likes this.
  14. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

If you’re in the Memphis area you can pick up for free, same day.

15. DigMyGroove

My order has shipped and is due Thursday. Looks like they’re back to normal for in stock items.

16. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Not all items, the outers I use still have a backorder to October posted. Covid did a number on plastics. My HVAC Tech son says there's a shortage of duct work too.

17. DigMyGroove

Correct, but I was being specific only to in stock items. I had waited many months for my Thanksgiving 2020 order.

18. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

This is killing me. I use their premium inners as well, and I have a ton of vinyl that I need to open, clean, and re-sleeve. I may have to buy different sleeves/inners, but my OCD won't like the lack of uniformity. :shake:

marcb likes this.
  19. FWatty

Since my post above, I've probably spent a collective 5 hours wringing my hands trying to figure out a way/product to "bridge" the gap before these things are back in stock. I have 100+ albums that I need to open and clean and no inner sleeves in which to place them. #Sleevedemic2021

20. DigMyGroove

The poly-lined white paper sleeves from Elusive Disc are less expensive than Sleeve City’s, and I’ve had no problems with them at all.

21. FWatty

Yeah, part of my problem is that I want uniformity and don't like the paper stuff unless it's wrapped in and lining the inside of the poly. But I may have no choice. I was thinking about grabbing some QRP inners, but then they sold out. I just wish the MoFi/QRP style had enclosed paper on BOTH sides rather than just one side.

22. DigMyGroove

One day we’re all just dust, live for the music! :agree:

23. FWatty

I've already made arrangements for my dust to be placed inside an inner sleeve from SleeveCity.

zongo, DigMyGroove and MartyTem like this.
  24. DigMyGroove

Better put that in a 5 mil ultimate outer for maximum protection in the infinite!

MartyTem, zongo and FWatty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.