Evil - CBS Horror Drama

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scotian, Oct 18, 2019.

1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Never.

2. audiomixer

Probably not for long.

3. audiomixer

We know. You don't want to pay for any streaming service.

Shawn likes this.
  4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Neither do I!!

Shoes1916 likes this.
  5. audiomixer

ABC is showing “Celebrity Family Feud” as part of their “Summer Games” lineup. Enjoy that quality BS entertainment. :D

6. shokhead

What's wonderful about TV is I can choose.:righton:

Shoes1916 likes this.
  7. audiomixer

Except the "really good" programming one has to pay for. :righton:

8. shokhead

One can choose to pay for it.:laugh:

Shoes1916 likes this.
  9. audiomixer

The pickins' on basic cable is slim to nothing; unless you enjoy your movies with hundreds of commercials in them or rewatch shows from decades past with hundreds of commercials in them.
    One can choose to be annoyed. :laugh:

10. shokhead

Well I have Directv with the best package without HBO and all those so I'm ok and as long as I have TCM, :cheers:

Shoes1916 likes this.
  11. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

This is the new world of television. You pick your one streaming service and you live with what it offers - or you pay a bunch more for multiple services to get a bigger choice. You don't want to pay for CBS/Paramount+? Then you don't get EVIL right now.

audiomixer likes this.
  12. audiomixer

I couldn’t live without both, but especially HBO MAX currently. So much outstanding original programming.

13. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

The recipe for fragmenting audiences even more in an already saturated market that doesn't have time to go searching through all the numerous competing content providers. It's still the same gate keeping as cable except now they force the customer to drink from too many fire hoses.

It's almost as if the industry doesn't believe the global population of potential content consumer customers don't like channel surfing. It doesn't matter if they like surfing or not, it's just that's the only way to find quality entertainment in time before supper's ready and the kids get ready for bed.

Shoes1916 likes this.
  14. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

There are just too many now to afford to view every show you want to see. We have Netflix and Prime and for the most part see the shows we are interested in however yes sometimes there is a single show on a platform we don’t have and we need to live with out it.

15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

It was a good first start to the second season. Looking forward to episode 2.

Scotian, marmalade166 and audiomixer like this.
  16. Well, you get EVIL season 2 on Paramount+, but for Season 1 you need Netflix. Unless Paramount is showing season 1 as well?

17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Paramount + is showing Season 1 as well. I re-watched the season prior to watching the first episode of Season 2. Was an even better experience in the re-watching.

Paramount + also has Star Trek of which I have enjoyed all three seasons of the reboot, and Picard, which I haven't watched.

Shawn likes this.
  18. HGN2001

This is one of those "Be Careful What You Wish For" things. Once upon a time, everyone had to have cable. You needed you ESPN and your HBO and your TCM and you paid handsomely for it. Because the cable company insisted on giving you 300 other channels with lots of shopping and religion and Spanish and music channels that no-one in your house would ever watch. And then the billpayers in the house figured out that they were paying way too handsomely for the five or 10 channels that they really wanted. "Why can't we have a la carte pricing and just pay for the channels we want?" they asked.

So the anti-cable folks moved in and gave them exactly what they wanted. Streaming. Pay for one channel a la carte. You like your Netflix? Good. Stick with it. You want more? They're out there. Pay for them and they're yours. When you get EVERYTHING you want, you should be happy. It might even cost less than cable...

19. shokhead

Can you buy a DVR and stream channels to it to save to watch latter? Remember, I stream mostly nothing so I do not know how much of this works. I still have an old Plasma.{12 years or so and still hanging in there}

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have Paramount Plus, no ads. Got it for $25 total for 16 months. So far, I haven't found much on it that I care about.

I guess Quiet Place II the movie is coming to Paramount+ in a few weeks. That will be worthwhile.

I watched 3-4 episodes of Evil Season 1 when it came to Netflix. It's OK...but I didn't find it compelling. Does it get more compelling as it goes on?

21. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

TCM! :pineapple:

22. HGN2001

We watched the latest episode of EVIL last evening. We started it on a Firestick through the Paramount+ app, but it had a weird glitch. The show began with the audio descriptive service turned on. Even when I went in through the normal sound icon top right, the audio descriptive service was turned off. Turning it on did nothing, nor did turning it off again.

So, since I subscribe to Paramount+ through amazon, I went in through the amazon app, and then all was fine. There was no descriptive audio that was turned on.

23. Tim Lookingbill

What size HDtv screen are you viewing on and is the picture full resolution with no compression artifacts, freezes like on zoom, etc.?

24. HGN2001

60" Sony. We get little jerky's once in awhile - more on Paramount+ than on amazon. For true HD pictures, I prefer Blu-ray.

25. Tim Lookingbill

Ok, so I take it the Paramount + picture is not full 1080p on your 60in. screen and is not as sharp and detailed as Blu-Ray?

It looks a bit soft overall?