Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

i recently got the standard black vinyl reissue and it was the KPG/SH mastering. I heard these were back in production so I wanted to pick up a spare. It’s actually pretty close to the 45 rpm sound wise. Can’t go wrong with either the 45 or the 33.

2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Someone on discogs just bought the WM version and they confirmed that the litho was indeed included.

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  3. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Not surprised lol. Not sure. even if I really wanted or needed it, how I would even go about letting the company know or if I could get one sent. Chances are, if I go for a refund they wont have another copy, and who knows if it will have it. Thanks for the confirmation!

4. superstar19

Just opened my copy and it had the litho, but also had a nice little chunk of LP1 broken off. I ordered online so the replacement is already on the way. Hopefully you can get yours exchanged.

5. davers

davers Forum Resident

Thanks for another great tip! I checked a couple of locals and found one copy today (I also thought it was long gone).

6. Acoustic Warrior

Excellent! Never trust that Walmart of all places, has 'limited' anything.
    I mean, I guess it will eventually be limited lol, but that word like many has a sliding scale of definition these days. Enjoy! It's a keeper!

davers and superstar19 like this.
  7. davers

davers Forum Resident

When their limited editions reappear but I wonder if it's from existing warehouse stock or if they only repress the few most popular titles? I missed out on Fleetwood Mac's Tango In The Night and don't necessarily expect to see that one again.

It'll also be interesting to see if quick sellouts like the Metallica titles show up again.

8. Acoustic Warrior

I know they often find back stock that lazy associates often fail to put out. Otherwise it happens possibly when other stores can't move lp's like others and are stuck with overstock I guess.
    I missed 'Tango' but did find a violet pressing of 'Mirage' which is fantastic.
    I go every week for select household items and always look for a treasure. Happy hunting!

davers and superstar19 like this.
  9. superstar19

This was delivered to me last week.

[​IMG]

The replacement is much better:

[​IMG]

Echoes Myron, thetman, JasonA and 4 others like this.
  10. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I fully expect more of the Metallica "limited edition" colored vinyl LP's to show up at some point. While I'd like to have the MOP and RTL releases, I'm not willing to pay stupid prices for them. If they stock more, great, if not, not a real problem.

11. Acoustic Warrior

I wonder if it's cherry flavor?

Archguy and superstar19 like this.
  12. Acoustic Warrior

I thought it sounded very good. What say you? Great pic by the the way. Love me some Miller High Life too!

superstar19 likes this.
  13. superstar19

Best I've heard it sound (compared to my original vinyl copy and late '90s CD remaster which was terrible).

14. Acoustic Warrior

Oh my lord yes! The remastered cd is atrocious. I really love this release, it compares quite easily to the original I have.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    superstar19 likes this.
  15. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Never ignore the Walmart bins...I was able to the 4 LP White Album 2019 for $49 a few weeks ago.

16. rockinbrian19

rockinbrian19 Well-Known Member

1st ever Bob Seger purchase. About time right. Record sounds good. Litho included - Nothing special to me. Question for my records, side 1 is on one side with side 4 on the other. Other Record is side 2 one side with side 3 on the other side. Is this how this was pressed?

Side note: Got Van Halen 1984 from Walmart (not an exclusive) but man it sounds good. Chris Bellman cut. Made me order Fair Warning (My Favorite VH) from Amazon seeing this was also Bellman Cut.

17. Acoustic Warrior

It was originally pressed that way for record players that you could stack records to get a full lp side heard without flipping the record.

superstar19 and rockinbrian19 like this.
  18. Acoustic Warrior

They have five at my Walmart. You are so right on that.

fmfxray373 likes this.
  19. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Reminds me that I have the LP single of The Brother's Johnson Strawberry Letter 23. The vinyl was red and was strawberry scented.

20. superstar19

This sounds really good and quiet pressing. I have issues with the track selection (not enough from debut), but that's neither here nor there.

[​IMG]

thetman, Archguy, davers and 3 others like this.
  21. Acoustic Warrior

I agree on both counts. Great pic,

superstar19 likes this.
  22. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

Just got my copy for $49 from Walmart.

fmfxray373 likes this.
  23. Archguy

Archguy Forum Resident

yeesh... it's $71.78 at mine. Good thing I checked before venturing out in the searing heat

or wait--are you saying it might be cheaper if I find it in a bargain bin of some kind?

obviously I know nothing about this practice :angel:

24. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

It was priced $49 on the tag. When I searched on Walmart.com it did show at that $71.78 price. So you should probably go check at your Walmart and look for the price tag.

Archguy likes this.
  25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

In store they are $49......never pay online prices!!