Acoustic Sounds warehouse shipping delays.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by DaleClark, Apr 19, 2021.

1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident Thread Starter

I ordered two in stock LPs over a week ago. I wrote customer service and all I got was your order will ship soon. Anyone else having delays with AS shipments?

GRC and eclecticfiend like this.
  2. George P

George P Notable Member

Wow, that is really slow for them. Even during when they had big sales, stuff would ship in 2-3 days.

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  3. DaleClark

Very Strange. This should not be covid related (I've purchased Lp's from MD, In Groove, everywhere the past year with little delay. This is the first AS order in a long while

4. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

They have been a bit slow, My orders have been taking about 3-4 days to ship. Last order was about 2 weeks ago.

5. DaleClark

I just got an email saying my fedex label has been printed. Hopefully this is a one time issue. The In groove gets that sucker out the door fast and it’s at my door in no time.

6. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I ordered a Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions LP a couple weeks ago and shipping was quite prompt, I think it shipped next day or so.

George P and Nephrodoc like this.
  7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Ordered 5 albums Monday before 3 pm Central, which used to be the deadline for getting an order in for shipping that day.
    It's now over 2 days later, and says In Progress, with the code of ' W ' denoting that it's in the warehouse preparing for shipment.

8. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Curious if they’re having the same trouble in hiring or keeping people that is affecting nearly every other company in the service industries.

Myke likes this.
  9. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

I've had 5 orders from them in the last month. They all shipped within 2 days and arrived at my house the next day.

10. Myke

At 175 miles it should.

ermylaw likes this.
  11. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

seems to be the case lately. Not music related- but I ordered some gym equipment back in April. One piece came in this week but others could take 4 months or more to receive it.
    As for Music there were a few titles I ordered last year ( Alice cooper & Monkees) that have finally shipped out after numerous delays.

12. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Hopefully this question is not too far off topic...
    Does AS no longer ship via USPS Media Mail? It appears that currently their lowest cost shipping option for a single LP is FedEx Ground at $8.14.

13. Myke

Calling them directly should get you Media Mail.

topekatj likes this.
  14. GRC

GRC Senior Member

I ordered several in stock LPs Dec 8th and they have been in W warehouse status ever since - that's 8 days already not shipping.
    They answered an email I sent, stating some departments have shipping delays due to holidays..................

15. Myke

7 days from placing my order for 3 in stock titles, to receiving my Fed Ex shipping notice. Expected Sunday.

chazz101s likes this.
  16. jsaliga

jsaliga Forum Resident

I recently put in a few orders with Acoustic Sounds for about $1,000 worth of vinyl, everything was in stock, and after 10 business days of waiting and the orders still not shipped I called and cancelled. I flipped most of what was in those orders to Elusive Disc on a Monday and I had my records 4 days later.

The shipping delays have been going on for a long while now at Acoustic Sounds and it seems to me to have gotten worse since last year. I won't order from them again until Chad addresses his order fulfillment problem.

George P likes this.
  17. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Same here with a $931 order not to mention that on some items you cannot order more than one(common items nothing special) sacds etc.
    Went straight to Music Direct.

18. George P

George P Notable Member

Anyone know if they ship on Saturdays?