Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Angel Dream (She’s The One OST reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Saul Pimon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

"Motherfer" is not a swear word.

2. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i hope you are just joking around and know what word i'm talking about....i can't spell it out fully here without the post getting deleted....

3. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Lol

I was joking

John Shaft was a "motherfer."

JoeRockhead likes this.
  4. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

give it a rest

5. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

Have you taken one for the team yet? Should I do it?

6. Peja11

Peja11 PC is Neither

You can prepay but it's not available until the formal release date in July.

7. playbsides

playbsides Forum Resident

I was happy to see the session dates included in the Angel Dream liner notes for the new songs-- I'm curious to know the dates for the original songs. A sessionography for Tom Petty similar to the brilliant "Complete Beatles Recording Sessions" by Mark Lewisohn is needed. :)

8. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

American Treasure and Wildflowers did the same thing; session dates for all new material, but nothing at all for previously released stuff, remixed or otherwise. Doesn't make any sense to me.

jeremylr likes this.
  9. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

I would be more than happy to contribute to something like this. *cough* @ryan de topanga *cough*

TheLoveDrags and jeremylr like this.
  10. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

Yes! Even a sessionography from ‘92-‘96 (including Greatest Hits) would be great for starters!

11. McCool

McCool Forum Resident

Eratta: I deleted my previous posting regarding the digital media content as it pertains to the forthcoming Tom Petty/Heartbreakers issue, "Angel Dream (Songs And Music From The Motion Picture: She's The One)" as at the moment there seems to be some discrepancies regarding information pertaining the specific media formats that will be made available to consumers. As of this writing [2021-06-21], there are four digital media options available to consumers who pre-ordered the digital media package through the official Tom Petty/Heartbreakers website. These formats include both lossless and standard options including WAV, FLAC, ALAC and MP3. According to the official email that went sent to consumers regarding the release of content to market, consumers who purchased the aforementioned digital media packages will be provided with hi-res [24/96] options [WAV, FLAC] alongside a standard [44.1K/320 kbps] option [MP3]. However, as of this writing it appears that the first single from the album that was made available to consumers as of this morning maxes out at 16/44 regardless of the lossless option selected. I have communications out at this time to Single Music who are once again handling the digital media distribution end of this project and if they report back any substantial information regarding this issue I will be sure to pass it on. In the meantime, it would be helpful if members of the SHF relate their own experiences regarding this content as to whether or not they have been able to pull hi-resolution or standard definition files in regards to this digital media content.

I am currently working on a sessionography for the "Wildflowers" project. While I don't anticipate including specific tracking data, I have managed to organize the sessionography into five distinct phases which may provide some clarification as to the chronology of the sessions as well as a general idea as to when each song was tracked. If/when I am able to construct a sufficient narrative as to these matters, I will post it up on the SHF.

Cheers!

Western Movie, JayB, deekmon and 22 others like this.
  12. onm3rcur7

onm3rcur7 Forum Resident

I finally listened to the Angel Dream RSD vinyl I scored last week.

What a great sounding album. Thanks @ryan de topanga !

I do wish the cover was different but starting to get used to it now...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  13. wolfmac

wolfmac Forum Resident

Hi! I was only active in McCartney-threads up to now, so I'm pretty new here. I have a question regarding the digital mastering of the album. I made a needledrop of the album yesterday and upon opening the file in izotope RX8, I noticed that there is quite a bit of audio information missing between 17k and 18k:

[​IMG]

Please note that this is not a result of my recording chain as you can clearly see it starting seconds after the needle hits the groove:

[​IMG]

I understand that there must have been some sort of high frequency noise that was deleted by using a spectral software like RX. But isn't that kind of amateurish? Deleting a noise using a destructive method instead of tracing it back and eliminating it? I mean, we're talking about a highly anticipated worldwide release here. Or can anybody find another explanation?

14. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Sessionography for Wildflowers... I am glad @McCool is working on something and I look forward to it with great anticipation.

FWIW, I did try reaching out just to investigate if the estate would be interested in cooperating with a book project that tracked recording sessions through Petty's career, information, analysis and discussion. I published a book last year (see my sig) which was well received (and endorsed by Warren Zanes, no less!), and my publisher was keen for me to explore possibilities. But no response on a first enquiry. Then life, work and ill health kind of fell in on me like a tunnel in a disaster movie and I have not had a chance to try another push since emerging from the rubble. I would not want to try and write a book without some kind of "insider" (no pun intended) route. I've read too many Petty (and other) biographies that are tedious cut and paste jobs.

TheLoveDrags, jeremylr, FJFP and 3 others like this.
  15. onm3rcur7

onm3rcur7 Forum Resident

Whats the name of your book?

16. windfall

windfall Senior Member

What Makes the Monkey Dance - The Life and Music of Chuck Prophet and Green on Red.
    More info here
    Jawbone Press

17. That’s it.Flog a dead horse everyone else is over and while you’re at it drive McCool and Ryan away from this forum.

18. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

16/44 for me as well.

19. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Would really l0ve an official live version of "A Face in the Crowd" with the extended jam.

DEAN OF ROCK, enro99, J_D__ and 6 others like this.
  20. Josh W.

Josh W. Active Member

I will definitely have to get that; I love Green on Red and their friends in the "Paisley Underground."
    I'm really looking forward to the broader release of Angel Dream next Friday. I'm glad I didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night and stand in line to get a copy on RSD. I did that for both of the Kiss My Amps collections and had fun, but I'm starting to feel my age.

windfall and onm3rcur7 like this.
  21. Hooodo Man

Hooodo Man Forum Resident

I slightly kick myself for never grabbing the Kiss my amp vol 1. I saw one years after the release in a Newbury comics and nearly snagged it but was not doing vinyl at the time, I did get vol 2, also fairly well after the fact but I won't pay the $$ for vol 1. :(

faceinthecrowd and jmxw like this.
  22. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Has the release been pushed back? I thought it was 2 July but still not available to order on Amazon.

23. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

The CD is available to preorder on UK Amazon, but the vinyl is not. Both vinyl and CD are available to preorder on USA Amazon. The release date continues to be listed as July 2. This sounds like a regional availability issue.

Porkpie likes this.
  24. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Just completed my first listen of Angel Dream. A real pleasure start to finish. I always liked Stan's drumming and I believe these were part of his final sessions with Tom. Am ready for a full forensic dive into Echo

25. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i pre ordered it right away and it still says July 2 and that my copy will be arriving on Friday.
    weird that it's not working right now.

faceinthecrowd likes this.