Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I've been eyeing a pricey box (KC 1969 Complete) and figured there would be a 15% for Fourth of July. Ended up being earlier than expected.

2. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

And the day after I made a popmarket/Discogs order. Did the comparison and I would have save only around $2 or $3, so not too bad!

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Does Deep Discount only take payment through PayPal? When I went to check out it seemed to be the only option. I would rather pay with my debit card.

4. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy

I jumped on the King Crimson box as well. Tough to beat that price

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  5. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

About 300 vinyl LPs were added to the Blowout Bin overnight. Happy digging, y’all :)

REMINDER: Use "Megalodon" for 15% off at checkout.

Generally speaking, there aren’t many insane deals or big names this time around, but I managed to snag a few killer items before they sold out...

• - Jeff Beck - Live at The Hollywood Bowl - 3xLP set with a DVD of the show, all for $4.50? Hell yeah. Now sold out.
    • - Keep On Keepin’ On (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - the last one I purchased from DD came with a legit Quincy Jones autographed postcard, though this appears to be the normal version sans signature. Figured it was worth a shot, and really a great set of jazz tunes.
    • - Jerry Solomon - Virginity For All Private Press 45s 1966-1969 - Completely unfamiliar with Solomon, but love me some outsider music. Appears to be a compilation of his "singles." Now sold out.
    • - Charly Antolini - Knock Out 2k - Another album I was unfamiliar with, but didn't hesitate to add it to my cart after sampling some tracks. Really interesting minimalist electro-jazz on 2x45 LP's.
    • - War Cloud - War Cloud - Some nice stoner rock, on par with mid-era Sabbath & early Metallica. Now sold out.
    • - Sinner - Dangerous Charm - Some totally enjoyable 80's cheese metal. Yellow wax, limited Music On Vinyl release.
    • - Various Artists - The Christmas Collection - Chill instrumental jazz compilation & a 2018 RSD release on red vinyl. I don't normally touch Christmas music, but after sampling some of the tracks it seems really tastefully done.
    • - Steve Miller - Circle of Love - Limited clear vinyl. Not the biggest Steve Miller fan, but I figured it was worth $4.50. Now sold out.
    • - Cat Iron - Sings Blues & Hymns - Limited clear yellow vinyl, as it was originally released in the 50's. Some seriously good acoustic folk blues. Pretty pumped about this one, and crossing my fingers that it doesn't get cancelled. Now sold out.
    • - Puppet Master (Original Soundtrack) - Black & white vinyl, limited to 750 copies. Helluva deal if horror soundtracks are your thing.
    • - David Pritchard - Nocturnal Earthworm Stew - An interesting Avant Garde/abstract/electronic composition from the mid-70's on limited white vinyl. Another one I felt compelled to pick up after sampling some of the tracks. Now sold out.
    • - Glenn Hughes - Feel - Don't judge me. I know it's cheesy, but it was only $4!
    • - Nick Van Woert - Waco - This is a bizarre one. A compilation of songs/sounds that federal agents blasted through loud speakers in an attempt to drive the residents of the Waco out of their compound. The songs/sounds have been re-recorded by various artists, and it includes a really depressing version of Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart." It would appear that these recordings were used in an art exhibit by Van Woert, and all limited copies are signed by him.
    • - Various Artists - Complete Mowtown Singles Vol. 12B - CD Box set, with no extra shipping charge. Hint: check the Discogs average price... This will go fast.

6. Jesse O Taylor

... Aaaaand the cancellations are already starting to roll in.

Sinner's Dangerous Charm & The Puppet Master soundtrack are both unavailable. Sadly, I suspect these won't be the only cancelation notices I receive today. DD is such a tease.

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  7. Jesse O Taylor

Update #2: It appears ALL of the items I listed above are sold out now, aside from the Motown CD set & the Christmas Collection LP.

You guys are fast!

latheofheaven, GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  8. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

No, you can definitely pay with a regular credit card. Just use the regular checkout button, should be right below the PayPal one.

9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Pretty slim pickings this time around. I picked up...

Nosound Scintilla on DeepDiscount

2 LP, $5.09. Occupies a similar orbit as no-man. Definite influenced by all things Steven Wilson but perhaps less apparent on this album based on the description. I have several of their albums on CD but haven't heard this one.

10. allbrosca

Bad day to be away from my computer all morning! Missed a few!!

latheofheaven likes this.
  11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

They'll take your money any way they can get - paypal, debit, credit - use the not so obvious "Secure Checkout" button instead of the more obvious PAYPAL one and that will take you to a screen to enter your card # etc (still also with paypal options on it IIRC).

Unfortunately I will never order anything from them again after they screwed me over and I had to complain to my credit card to get my $ back after getting nowhere but misdirections and lies from them for 2 months. They have the worst & most idiotic mess of a customer service dept I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with.

floyd, latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  12. hutlock

Yeah, the new Bin refreshment was OK, but again a bunch of cool stuff that was in there at either full list price or marked down only like 10%. I managed to find 4 LPs to grab and added an LP from my Wish List so I could get free shipping.

I’m assuming we are going to get a CD bin dump soon if not already, so I’ll scan that for deals too... but good to see the Bin back in at least partial action!

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

man, directtoyou needs to work on their systems/logistics. they make vinyl me please look like professionals!

latheofheaven, SJP, rod and 2 others like this.
  14. allbrosca

Well, despite my late start I did manage to pick up a few things, the Motown Singles Collection 12B, Nosound Scintilla, the Craft Records Christmas Collection and The Pursuit of Happiness for $4.35, which no one has mentioned yet The Pursuit of Happiness Brave New Waves Session on DeepDiscount . Also preordered the Brothers 50th anniversary celebration of the Allman Brothers at Madison Square Garden on Blu ray.

15. hutlock

That’s a pretty nice haul actually!

latheofheaven and allbrosca like this.
  16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Thanks for TPOH link. I missed that.

17. allbrosca

Yes. Late to the game so hopefully no cancellations. Also noticed that the bin is still full of a lot of old bin chesnuts, but at full price!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  18. Jesse O Taylor

In their defense, it looks like DD actually pulled most items in real time as they went out of stock.

I’ve honestly never seen that happen.

In the past they’d just leave listings up after they ran out, likely overselling hundreds of items, and then continuously cancel everyone’s orders throughout the day. Maybe they got tired of fielding endless “bait-and-switch” complaints during every sale.

19. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

Deep Discount is employing that time honored tradition that if you can't sell the Blowout Bin chestnuts at rock-bottom prices, then sell those same chestnuts for 3x the prices because customers will inevitably buy them in even greater quantities! :)

20. hutlock

Right?!?
    Still hoping all of that leads to some price adjustments across the board...

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I figured out what happened- my credit card that was on file with them had expired so even though I tried to pay with the card it would automatically kick me over to PayPal but didn’t tell me my card was expired. So I went in and edited the payment info. I guessing it should work next time.

slipkid and latheofheaven like this.
  22. allbrosca

Cancellation notices received for the Christmas Collection and the Pursuit of Happiness. No shipping notices yet.

23. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

My BRAGG,BILLY - VOL. 2 CD set was cancelled. Still holding out hope that my Complete Motown Singles - Vol 12B: 1972 / Various CD set comes through.

24. allbrosca

More stock has appeared overnight. I picked up:
    Bush Doctor [Limited 180-Gram Transparent Red Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Peter Tosh
    LP
    1 $8.79 $8.79
    Catspaw
    Matthew Sweet
    LP
    1 $6.79 $6.79
    Graceland [Import]
    Paul Simon
    LP
    1 $8.83 $8.83
    Life Before Insanity [Limited Gatefold, 180-Gram Green & Black Swirl Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Gov't Mule
    LP
    1 $12.29 $12.29
    On To Victory
    Humble Pie
    LP
    1 $10.04

Also saw Ian Anderson Thick as a Brick Live in Iceland and Carl Palmer Working Live 1 (Vinyl and Vinyl+CD versions)

25. Jesse O Taylor

Interesting that only a handful of albums were added, and that they're all more competitively priced than the average Blowout Bin fodder. Great price on the limited Frank Black Christmass 2xLP too.

I received so many cancellations early this morning that I'm kind of wondering if I'm going to be receiving anything at all. The refund numbers are all over the map, and as far as I can tell, the totals don't add up.

They're notorious for cancelling orders and not refunding the taxes you paid, so I'm going to have to sit down with a calculator and figure this BS out... Sigh.