Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. popscene

popscene Senior Member

2. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

Was wondering the same

latheofheaven and groovelocked like this.
  3. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I assume it's this 2017 European LP reissue, because the Deepdiscount listing says the release date is 2017, from United Kingdom: Paul Simon – Graceland (2017, 180g, Vinyl)

4. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

I’m not sure how it compares to the 25th Anniversary edition but it appears to use the same mastering as the 2015 remastered LP released by Music On Vinyl.

groovelocked and latheofheaven like this.
  5. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

This is a pretty good hard rock album which just cane out in May. Shocked it's in the bin! Traci Guns and Michael Sweet are in the band....if that means something to you, you will like it lol!
    Sunbomb Evil And Divine on DeepDiscount

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  6. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Decided to throw this in when I ordered the Alex Chilton, which has shipped yesterday. Bruce did not and no longer appears to be in the Bin. No cancelation notice yet though.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  7. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Anyone who had parts of orders cancelled, don't forget to contact DDD to get your shipping refunded on those items. They charge shipping up front and seem to 'forget' to refund those fees automatically.

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. allbrosca

Being in Canada, I get dinged with shipping on every order. DD has actually got really good on refunding shipping. There was a time that I would need to follow up on every cancellation, but that is no longer the case.

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  9. Electric

I'm glad to hear that. Hasn't been the case for me here in BC. So far, I have to call or email every time there's a cancellation.

latheofheaven and allbrosca like this.
  10. allbrosca

Maybe I have complained so many times that there is a note on my file! Sounds like you will be there soon,

Electric and latheofheaven like this.
  11. Electric

How does one acquire this note on one's file of which you speak? Of which language is this? This is indeed strange to me. ;)

allbrosca and latheofheaven like this.
  12. allbrosca

No idea. Just speculating why they have started refunding my shipping charges without me having to phone in or email them to do so when they issue refunds on cancellations.

13. slightlydazed

slightlydazed Forum Resident

thanks for the tip - I got the Morningrise and Shine singles - now I can file away my slipcover CD singles from 1991

popscene and latheofheaven like this.
  14. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

SJP, superstar19, hype and 3 others like this.
  15. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

DeepDiscount is currently trying to give me the deep shaft. Back in April, I saw that they had the Beggars Banquet: 50th Anniversary SACD listed at $3.99. I ordered it, and added a couple more items to get my total up to $25 for free shipping. Well, they sent the other two items in a timely manner, but every time I checked the order status it would just show a blank under that item with no tracking number. Never “cancelled”, never “back ordered”, just… nothing. So finally a week ago I inquired about it and they sent me a reply saying “Apparently that item was marked as discontinued, we won't be able to send it.”.

So I decided - just for the hell of it - to use their notification tool for when the item was back in stock, and lo and behold, I got the following e-mail today:

So of course I went and checked out my order status, and it’s still showing a blank for that item. No indication that it’s back in stock or being shipped.

16. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  17. Electric

Their web site is not the "smartest" I have ever seen.

18. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

I think my Gov't Mule album shipped ground through a heat wave, as it arrived pretty "curvy" and will be relegated to casual listening. :)

19. Jack_Straw

Yeah, but I think in this case it's more a matter of: They priced the item incorrectly, and they are trying to weasel out of fulfilling the order at the price at which the item was ordered.

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  20. Electric

They are not the "smartest" vendor I have ever purchased from.

latheofheaven and Jack_Straw like this.
  21. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Take a look through their “help” section.

Though I can’t find the proper link at the moment, there used to be a price guarantee stating that if you purchased an item at a discounted price that was cancelled, but it comes back into stock within 30 days, you are eligible to get it for the lower price.

Granted, dealing with their customer service is like pulling stupid, uncommunicative teeth, but it’s worth a shot.

Personally, I’m a bit peeved that they sent me a CD instead of the LP that I ordered, and their “returns” section states that I have to pay for return shipping… which I’m totally not going to do. Guess they’re going to be getting a PayPal claim from me soon.

22. Jack_Straw

Worth a shot, but in this case it has been almost 3 months.

Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  23. Mordax

Mordax Forum Resident

New 15% off coupon out today.

15% OFF IN-STOCK ITEMS!
    Extra savings just for you!
    Just enter promo code BEACH and save an
    additional 15% on in-stock items.
    Some restrictions apply.*
    Coupon only valid through Wednesday 7/14/2021 at noon CT.
    15% savings applies to IN-STOCK items only. Savings do not apply to shipping and taxes. May not be combined with other offers.
    Some restrictions apply*

*Video games, video game consoles, select turntables,
    and LEGO® products are excluded from the offer.
    Only in-stock items will receive the discount.

24. Electric

I have only 2 CDs in my cart because most of what I want is either backordered, a preorder, or a special order.

25. Electric

Ordered:

Angels & Demons / Nubians of Plutonia
    Sun Ra

Beachwood Sparks

Kirtan: Turiya Sings
    Alice Coltrane