Cost to ship 1 album to the UK (from the US)?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Joseph.McClure, Jul 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident Thread Starter

What is the approximate cost these days to ship one lp from the US to the UK in a standard lp mailer? $25? more? less?

2. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Yep, right about $25. Just know that amount is for First Class International, and not Priority Mail International.

Joseph.McClure likes this.
  3. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

USPS has a calculate a price too. I just plugged in a 1lb 8oz package with dimensions 14” x 14” x 1” and got $26. Breakpoints are usually 1lb, so you can go all the way up to 2lb for the same price. But 2lbs 1oz shoots up to $41.50.

Tried going under 1lb and a bit smaller, but still $26, so for a record, seems like $26 would be minimum.

4. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

Interesting...
    I just ordered the forthcoming Marillion Fugazi 3 CD+BR box set from Amazon.co.uk for delivery in the USA.
    The shipping quote was £9.84 (US $ 13.57 today) and although the UK VAT was deducted they added the US state sales tax !
    I looked at the 4LP vinyl version: the shipping quote was £10.43 (US$ 14.38 today).

5. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

USE PIRATE SHIP "SIMPLE EXPORT RATE" (note: you have to request through online support to have them enable "simple export rate" on your account. It is simple as all get out and then you are all set.)

The cost of sending 1 to up to 2 normal weight LPs (with quality packaging all coming in at a total package weight of 2.0 pounds or less) to the UK, at present, through Pirate Ship, is only $17.49. I charge $20.98 total for such a shipment to also account for my brand new, quality, rectangular shaped mailers and filler pads that I use (no "pizza boxes" here) and other extraneous affiliated costs.

Paying for shipping at and directly across the desk at the USPS is for suckers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.