SH Spotlight Photos from one of our Analogue Productions 45 RPM CLASSIC JAZZ mastering sessions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Wow. So long ago now.

scoutbb likes this.
  2. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

WOW! Just Wow! What a fantastic photo!

Looks like the tape was played back just three times in the 20th century; the original 1961 (stereo and mono) issue, the ABC reissue and the 984 OJC (vinyl and CD)?

3. Steve Hoffman

Possibly. But there was an EQ cutting dupe that was probably used a lot. But not after Fantasy took over. They (Ralph Kaffel and his gang) were very, very careful to use the right tapes. Much admiration for those dudes.

kt66brooklyn and yasujiro like this.
  4. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

Makes sense.
    Exactly.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Steve Hoffman likes this.
  5. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Cool thread with some amazing and interesting information. It's beautiful to see history appreciated, restored and presented in such a way.

This was about 8 years before I started buying records but I got a few of the APs, MMJ, etc. that same out in the 2000s. Still prizes in my collection. I was playing the Nat King Cole AP box for my girlfriend recently. Wow!

6. Steve Hoffman

I didn't realize it was so darn long ago..

kt66brooklyn and mikemoon like this.
  7. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I bet, good times too. There were some amazing gems creating during that time period. I know you guys are proud. Some of my favorite records have "SH/KG" in the deadwax.

8. Steve Hoffman

The best part for me was getting exposed to music I didn't even know existed when I was a kid. I'm speaking of Jazz from 1954-70. Was quite wonderful discovering this stuff..

9. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

F
    Father Time Steve.

10. kt66brooklyn

kt66brooklyn Senior Member

I was just listening to a bunch of these and I was thinking about how definitive they still are. Chad sent me over here in a bid to get me to subscribe to the first 25 titles. He was successful and I was number 88. That means that all of these are signed by Steve and Kevin too!

It’s still the best sounding reissue series I know of for these titles, in spite of all that have been reissued since.

mikemoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.