Qobuz music streaming discussion and news

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stereosound, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Stereosound

3. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

My issue was I misread, misunderstood and when I contacted them they basically said tough luck. That is what pissed me off. There was no effort to accommodate the customer which would have cost them exactly zero.

4. mwheelerk

5. Stereosound

Qobuz is based in France with some in New York. David Solomon is in Georgia. Maybe you could work from home.

6. mwheelerk

Alas the position has been filled.

7. Stereosound

They still only have around 100 employees. Maybe they will have more positions available as they grow.

8. mwheelerk

Maybe. Just an old record store guy from 70's and 80's who has hung out in them since the 90's and been interested in music (like a lot of us for most of my life).

9. Stereosound

You might like the interview with Sujan a few posts up then.

10. Richard Maryanski

Richard Maryanski Forum Resident

i noticed the lower volume difference with Amazon Music HD as well. Found there was a setting for volume leveling that was turned on in the Amazon Music app for Mac. After turning it off, volume level now is louder.

11. Stereosound

12. Stereosound

13. Stereosound

14. Stereosound

15. Stereosound

16. Stereosound

17. Stereosound

18. Stereosound

19. Stereosound

20. Stereosound

From Qobuz’s newsletter:

Discover your next favorite artist or album with My Weekly Q, available now on the Qobuz desktop app and webplayer Discover page! Come back every Friday for a personalized selection of up to 30 tracks, specially chosen just for you. We recommend adding the tracks you love to your favorites as the selection will refresh every week. Reply to this email and let us know what you think of this new feature! Mobile app version coming soon.

JorgeGvb likes this.
  21. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Sadly I'm noticing a new repeating trend on Qobuz. Selections I just played in CD quality a couple of days ago are now only playable in Mp3. This has happened about a half-dozen times in the last week.

This now in addition to a seemingly increasing number of vanishing albums that disappeared from the platform after I had tagged them as favourites.

I have to say my love for Qobuz is being tested, and I am contemplating whether or not to continue using the service.

22. Stereosound

The awful thing about streaming is the constant state of flux the catalogs are in. This is not just a problem for Qobuz it goes for any service. Don’t understand your other issue about only playable as mp3. Have you inadvertently changed playback settings in the menu?

Crimson Witch likes this.
  23. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

No I didn't. What happens is, I select an album and play it , with my personal settings set to play everything in CD-qualtity. It plays just fine this way the first few times. I like the album now and I tag it as a favourite. Soon thereafter, I go to play it again, and the first track on the album won't play──instead a little balloon pops up which reads “It is impossible to play this track ─ thank you for choosing another format or play a different track” , or something very similarly worded. Then if I go into my personal settings and downgrade to Mp3, I am then able to return to the track and now it will play as Mp3.

24. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

If this happens in this exact fashion every time, I wonder if it's a bug in the "favorites" tag? Have you contacted Qobuz about it? Or have you tried to unfavorite it and see if it eventually goes back to CD-quality?

Crimson Witch likes this.
  25. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Maybe it's a bandwidth issue? I've never had this message pop up with any tracks playing with Qobuz on either my phone or my laptop at any location. I never stream in anything less that 16/44.1 with Qobuz. I've also very, very rarely had albums disappear from the service. Weird things seem to happen too, like I had one album favorited in 16/44.1 and then suddenly it was only available for downloading in 16/44.1, but it's still available for streaming in hi res.

Are you using phone or desktop app? Do you have the latest software?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    jonwoody and Crimson Witch like this.