LOKI - Marvel Superhero TV Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Is there anybody in the Marvel Universe who has the power to kill Loki?

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Yeah, Thanos.

moosebass and EVOLVIST like this.
  3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

4. Drew

Drew Senior Member

It's a great production... but I'm losing interest. From the misunderstood female villain who can kick everybodies butt to the deconstruction of the lead character I think every episode his been more predictable than the one before.

5. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

Sounds like this could be really good. Hope they don't waste the talent assembled.

6. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

I love it when Kirk torpedoes that a$$ Nero to oblivion. That scene, IMHO, is right up their with Arnie's best one-liners, Bruce Willis' "yippee ki yay," and, for those a little older, "Shane! Come back, Shane!"

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  7. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I agree it's not challenging but I find it fun enough to keep watching. This last episode wasn't surprising in the least, though. If you like the actors, it helps.

Shawn likes this.
  8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

In the "obviously they're going to get where they're going because there's only one episode left" sense?

marmalade166 likes this.
  9. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Well Episode 5 is still bonkers but much better than the previous two episodes and with some excellent imagery. A step further to finding out what is going on too.

10. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I enjoyed WandaVision and thought it had some real highs...
    I loved Falcon & The Winter Soldier and thought it was one of the strongest things Marvel has done in any medium...

But Loki...Loki is testing my patience and I look forward to it ending. I fell asleep during E5, and I never fall asleep watching TV.
    I had to go back the next day and watch the last 1/2 hour...and found I didn't miss much of anything.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

12. It’s always looked like that.

13. It’s setting up season two and Dr. Strange The Multi-verse of Madness.

14. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

The best time-travel tales are twisty and turny. This may be the twistiest, turniest I’ve seen. Doctor Who has come close. But, lord I loves me some time-travel tales and Loki is one of the most original.

Highly recommended as a stand-alone story, And as a set-up for future MCU meyhem.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

This guy gets it.

[​IMG]

ad180, wayneklein and marmalade166 like this.
  16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

If only there was a restaurant at the end of this universe.....right?

zobalob, dlokazip and Curveboy like this.
  17. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

It was incredibly boring and we don’t need this series to continue. I think this and Inhumans are the only two MCU misfires.

twicks likes this.
  18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I haven't been crazy about any of these Marvel TV shows so far. Episode 5 of Loki was a winner for me but then the finale was just more of the same confusing nonsense. These Marvel shows are just way too complicated to follow. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm a dummy. I'm always the dummy, Micky. But dammit, can't we just have a movie with Daredevil busting some local drug dealers down at the doc and not all this multi-dimensional time-stream crap that you need a PHD to decipher?

I spent weeks watching Winter Soldier and I'll be damned if I understand what the hell it was all about. The villains were pretty generic and bland. I don't even know what they were fighting for. Zemo was the only interesting character.

Wanda could have been condensed to 2 or 3 hours. A lot of style, but 30 minutes worth of substance.

Loki builds and builds and builds and the man behind the curtain turns out to be
    Denzel Washington chomping on an apple.
    If it's
    Kang
    , they didn't even call him that by name, so how is the average viewer supposed to know that? Or are they not supposed to? Is
    Kang
    going to appear in a different form somewhere else? Hopefully it's one that I can take a little more seriously.

I watched the first Avengers film last night with my daughter. Ah, the good old days when things (mostly) made sense.

Maybe it's not too late to quit with "Endgame".

19. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

To be fair a lot of this series had to be edited and as a result the villains and that whole plot line suffered. You can actually see/hear a lot of what they changed.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  20. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I agree with you on the Loki big bad...while everyone is SPECULATING about his identity he's not named.

I can't agree with you on The Falcon and the Winder Solider which may be my favorite thing in the MCU beyond Captain America: The First Avenger.

My take on the plot: After the Snap, people took over the homes and lands of people who disappears, and now that they are back the people who took those properties are now being displaced. So the terrorist organization is trying to bring attention to the plight of these folks who are now being forced from what has been their homes for the last 5 years.

21. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I have major problems with the universe post-snap, and it is good that the MCU has addressed some of the repercussions of millions of people reappearing. I don't like this aspect of the story (why not five months instead of five YEARS!?), and now every story in the MCU is going to be affected by it, which I think is impairing my ability to enjoy anything the way I did pre-snap. It's just too colossal a mess, too complicated and far-reaching to ever be resolved, and frankly it makes my head hurt to think about it. I was hoping the "Time Police" in Loki could have done something to mop it up (and when Clocky started talking about putting Loki back in the timeline and having him defeat Thanos my ears perked up), but it seems like things are only going to get more and more convoluted moving forward.

Curveboy likes this.
  22. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Clocky is a better name than Miss Minutes!

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  23. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

They never call Hawkeye Hawkeye, always Clint. They never call Natasha Black Widow either. So what difference does it make if they didn’t name him? But they did. “He Who Remains” is the name of an actual character from the comics, but they clearly gave that title to Immortus who was a more benevolent version of Kang at the end of his lifespan. But we don’t need to know any of this to follow what is going on. All we need is the attention span to do so and clearly not everyone has that. All of the information is there in the script, you just need to listen.

To me, it’s curious that you prefer the first Avengers movie when to me that had a lot more plot holes than Loki does.

24. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

First, let me say that this may be one of the best-looking things in the MCU. The photography and set design are truly amazing and enjoyable simply on their own merits.

Plotwise I was intrigued up through the 4th episode but the last 2 fell pretty flat. The last episode in particular reminded me of the infamously talky "Architect" scene from The Matrix Reloaded.

My biggest beef? The show doesn't even let Loki be Loki very much. By the end he doesn't have much personality left; it could be anyone moving through the plot paces. Disappointing.

moosebass, GentleSenator and Curveboy like this.