Yes Union Live 30 disc megaset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tonylevin'ssuitcase, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Bought this off the French Amazon site, but the order was later cancelled. Probably as the price I'd bought it for was far too low. Shysters.

2. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

Yeah, that happened to me also. Could somebody explain what amazon.fr gains from this policy?:confused:

3. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

My apologies for this post that actually has something to do with the Yes Union Live box set but according to this link:

CMA CGM ZHENG HE, Container Ship - Details and current position - IMO 9706906 MMSI 215199000 - VesselFinder

...the ship containing the box sets is scheduled to arrive at the Port of Rotterdam on Saturday, July 17 at 7:00 AM.

That will be only 7,193 km away from me, it's nearly here!

I'm pretty sure that Geoff Downes, John Payne and the disembodied spirit of John Wetton are responsible for the delay. After all, the boxes were manufactured in and shipped from Asia.

4. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I guess maybe Wetton wasn't thrilled with the Payne era and maybe he didn't want the general fans to think that was him singing? Personally they did record some very good material and I would have preferred if they just used a different name for the band. However maybe the record label's wouldn't have signed them without the Asia name. I like some of their stuff but I couldn't listen to Payne singing any of the Wetton stuff. Wetton and Payne voice wise are polar opposites so I had a really hard time listening to Payne sing the Wetton material. Plus Payne always had that silly hat on him which was annoying!!

5. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I wasn't crazy about Paynes voice either.

walrus likes this.
  6. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Understandable but Silent Nation was/is a very strong album! Guthrie Govan is also an outstanding guitarist! Outside of Silent Nation the only Payne area album I like immensely is Aqua, which does feature Steve Howe & Carl Paomer!
    BTW, has that Buggles copycat song been mentioned yet?

7. TwentySmallCigars

Good news! He's not on the Yes Union Live 30 Disc Megaset!

Meng, Aggie87 and Scottb like this.
  8. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Assuming it'll get the higher rate now being charged by other amazon sites. Or it didn't do its homework in the first place...!

9. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

"No Payne, know gain."

ARK, zen and Brian Doherty like this.
  10. TwentySmallCigars

Mine shipped today, can't wait to finally get my hands on this!

apple-richard likes this.
  11. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Still waiting for Amazon US to do anything. Pre ordered four months ago hope to hear something soon.

12. TwentySmallCigars

I ordered directly from Music Glue and they had to pack all of the boxes there. I'm guessing they shipped to Amazon the same time they shipped to me.

13. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Just got email from Music Glue/Gonzo to say the vinyl box release has (again) been delayed until August 30.

14. apple-richard

:rolleyes:

Well I guess I won't be looking for it on my front porch anytime soon. Hopefully we all eventually get one that ordered it.

imarcq likes this.
  15. mld218

mld218 Forum Resident

I started seeing a Sept 3rd date on a few sites yesterday for the LP box. Any word on the Mega Flight box, its no longer available on Amazon and I've heard nothing about my order from there shipping.

16. TwentySmallCigars

See post #360

17. I like Arena the best from the Payne albums. I enjoy it more than the reunion albums with Wetton, with the exception of Phoenix.

18. apple-richard

On Amazon I had to reconfirm for the Flight Case this morning as it's delayed getting to them. I hope I get one. :sigh:

19. mld218

mld218 Forum Resident

I haven't seen that message yet from Amazon for this item, but I have in the past for other stuff. I had my pre-order in on Feb 26th will see what happens with it. Popmarket and deepdiscount both show as backordered at this point. I'm guessing they didn't hit the July 30th date to anyone that didn't order from Music Glue but its close enough to it to not bother changing the date.

20. Nick C

Nick C Forum Resident

I'm a bit of a lurker here, definitely the first time I have commented.
    I ordered mine from Music Glue directly quite some time back in March - it was delayed a few times which was infuriating but had progress emails even to the point of being able to track the ship it was being delivered on (the CMA CGM ZHENG HE) which docked in Southampton UK - I think it was the 2nd of July. I got the email to say the box had been sent to me on the 26th July and I received the box on the morning of the 29th. I'm in the UK so not sure how it pans out with regards international deliveries - especially since at the moment if I order anything from the USA or Canada it's taking between 6-9 weeks to arrive. I ordered the Coney Hatch Live CD from Canada and it took nearly 2 months to arrive. Not sure if any delays are the same from the UK across to the U.S.A.

One very interesting thing in the box btw - there is a card detailing releases of a deluxe edition of the Yes Q.P.R gig 10th May 75 (now that I am up for) and on the other side deluxe of ABWH - An Evening of Yes Music.
    Looking at the format it is similar to the CD/Vinyl combos that are an alternate to this big box set.

ARK, WhatDoIKnow and apple-richard like this.
  21. apple-richard

Thanks for the detailed info.

ARK likes this.
  22. SJB

The QPR release appears to have been canceled. MusicGlue (via Takeaway Records) sent out an email a few days ago to announce the QPR set, but the link was dead within hours.

There's a discussion here.

The box set was to include added performances from Boston, 11 December 1974, and New Haven, 10 December 1974 (mistakenly labeled 1975), which were both recorded for radio broadcast. I don't know what happened, because there has been no announcement, but my guess is that the company that owns the Boston and New Haven tapes put a stop to the plans.

23. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Yes is in my Top 5 bands of all time, but I'd rather eat chalk than listen to 30 discs from the Union tour. I can barely make it through that full studio album.

24. My take is it was likely pulled because of unauthorized announcement and presell at this time. It’s a thunder thief for Yes 30th Union box. I think we will see the QPR set at some point.

ARK and apple-richard like this.
  25. SJB

The Union album and tour were two very different animals. The full lineup never played on the same track on the album, and they played, at most, three songs from the album on the tour. A 30-disc set is a pricey package but you can try to find the 2011 Union Live set for an easier pill to swallow.

csnfan, ARK, Rufus rag and 3 others like this.