Once Upon a Time in Hollywood SPOILERS! SPOILER THREAD...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I know what you mean, it’s difficult to choose an order, I love Death Proof as well, interesting in that recent interview him talking about the possibility of Kill Bill 3 with the brides daughter grown up, Who knows what his next film might involve but I personally don’t think he will retire after the next film as it’s being put out there all the time.

I take bits out of all his movies, that opening scene in The Hateful Eight of the close up of the cross and the way it pans across the mountains is one of my favourite openings of all his films and the score is amazing.

Could be quite a long wait maybe for his next movie with him enjoying the novel writing.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I don't know if all these things will be done before his last movie but also on his to do list is to give the Netflix 3 one hour episodes treatment to Django Unchained and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, plus 5 30 minute episodes of Bounty Law.

A lot of speculation about what the last movie is going to be about. I have my wish list but whatever it is I think Chris Pine will be in it.

RandelPink and Carl80 like this.
  3. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

He said on Marc Maron's podcast he's not going to stop after one more movie.

Carl80 likes this.
  4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Wow they would be good if any of them happen.

SunSon likes this.
  5. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

I'm enjoying it well enough...not sure if I buy the "meat & potatoes" Cliff from the film being an arthouse movie buff, though.

6. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Just found out the audio book of Once Upon A Time is narrated by Jennifer Jason Leigh who is in The Hateful Eight, pretty cool so I purchased it, gonna start listening tonight.

SandAndGlass and hi_watt like this.
  7. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I finished the book over the weekend. I enjoyed it. If I'm remembering correctly, about half way through there's little to no stage direction type prose.

Shawn and Carl80 like this.
  8. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

Doesn't sound like that's what he said. On Reddit, someone says he was saying he was dismissing a joke he had made that he would retire on a high note with Once Upon. They say he still plans to retire from making films after his next movie. I'm not sure if he means that as a director only. I think I have also heard him say that only applies to movies, and wouldn't apply to streaming series. So if that's true, his original commitment may have proved eerily prescient in the long run, as his retirement will be well-timed for when major directors are getting more into streaming series anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tarantino/comments/o9g00x/quentin_tarantino_on_wtf_with_marc_maron_062821/

rwordpass_haver 1 point 17 days ago

that's not what he was referring to. what he said was that "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" wouldn't be his last film, because he joked about retiring now on a high note in a recent podcast and the press wrote clickbait articles about it as if he was serious (for exampe Quentin Tarantino wouldn't mind ending his career with Once Upon A Time… )

he still plans to retire after his next movie

CusBlues and hi_watt like this.
  9. rodrigosanche55

rodrigosanche55 Forum Resident

I just watched this for the 6th or 7th time. Best Tarantino ever!

Mylene, hi_watt, aorecords and 3 others like this.
  10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I did too, last night. A wonderful I-wish-it-was-true movie.

11. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

A wonderful now-I-lay-me-down-to-sleep movie. Great cure for insomnia. I remember almost nodding off in the theater a few times.

Carl80 likes this.
  12. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Is it no longer a spoilers thread?

Remember the scene when Rick is in Italy and they show a clip from a movie he's making, him and some others are around a table and the narrator (Kirk Russell best narration ever btw) says that Rick didn't like the Tower Of Babel style of shooting in Italian films.
    The lady at the table I always assumed was Rick's future wife Francesca Capucci played by Lorenza Izzo.
    But it was QT's future wife Daniella Pick playing the role of Daphna Ben-Cobo.

[​IMG]

RandelPink, woody, Mylene and 4 others like this.
  13. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

That’s right, and the girl who passes Cliff the magic cigarette dipped in acid leaning on the car is the bride’s little girl in the scene in Kill Bill vol 2 all grown up ! So many things to find out.

woody, budwhite, Dinstun and 4 others like this.
  14. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Izzo was Eli Roth’s wife in real life.

SunSon likes this.
  15. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Did not know that, lucky Eli.

Carl80 likes this.
  16. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Really?!
    Yeah with QT every screen shot has a history.

Carl80 and hi_watt like this.
  17. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I know mate, she is unbelievable. Think they are divorced now.

I know it’s mad , but yeah that’s her grown up. All these things are in that 3 part doc on you tube, never known a doc to go into so much detail with everything.

hi_watt and SunSon like this.
  18. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

hi_watt and SunSon like this.
  19. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

In that doc at the end he talks about the possibility of the 4 hour plus uncut version being released in the near future, so is there over an hour plus of cut scenes that we haven’t seen yet ? I’m sure when I first saw a trailer for the film I saw a clip of Dalton having a really mad melt down and it looked more creepy than any scene he played in the film but it might have been from a different film as I think the trailer was put together by a fan or something then took down.

Shawn, hi_watt and SunSon like this.
  20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm still waiting for a release of "Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair"! :sigh:

21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Ha, you and us all mate might be in for a long wait. I saw on you tube it was actually Weinstein who talked QT out of releasing them together and split them into two parts, QT originally wanted to release it as one film over 3 hours long.

22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, but after the 2 parts came out, QT often talked about a one-film version.

It's not that he planned to put them out as one flick, got convinced otherwise and that was that.

"The Whole Bloody Affair" is something he discussed repeatedly after the movies' releases!

JediJones and Carl80 like this.
  23. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

He did your right for quite a while, I remember the talk going on for years.

24. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

As far as I can tell by some web sites, the Bloody Affair was screened at some U.S. theaters 10 years ago. Apparently later in Philadelphia too, which I unfortunately missed. And someone said it had French subtitles there. So this sounds like a foreign print he's carting around. They say it still plays occasionally at his New Beverly Cinema. Maybe QT wants to keep it as an exclusive to attract attention to his theater.

The Bloody Affair seems to be uncensored, and also adds as all-new material 7 minutes to the anime sequence. Apparently there are also changes regarding how the plot of Kiddo's daughter unfolds.

There is an uncut Japanese DVD of Volume 1 which I think mirrors some of the Bloody Affair changes (full color in the ending battle): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DKMK0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KWVpBbM080KBB

I guess this describes all the changes:
    What Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair Changes About The Movies

Carl80 likes this.
  25. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Yeah was gonna say I thought his cinema had shown it a few times, I’d love to see it , I’ve got the Japanese uncut DVD and you see the slightly extended anime footage in that, just abit more gore and blood, and full colour fight at the end, it’s worth having just for that. You see Sophie get both arms cut off in the boot scene right at the end as well in the Japan cut which is cut out of the other releases, would love to see that extra 7 mins of anime if it’s true.

JediJones likes this.