Why is it MFSL has us even go to their website...everything is sold out!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by flyingdutchman, Jul 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingdutchman

flyingdutchman Senior Member Thread Starter

Well not everything, but it really tires me to see their site only to see the "sold out" sign on virtually everything. If it's sold out, then get if off the site! If we can't buy it, I don't want to see something that I might have had. Is it meant to be some sort of sadist effort on their part?

Chemguy likes this.
  2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Well, I think it's like having the realtor put a "Sold!" sign on a property. It is trying to show a sense of pride.

But, frankly, if they did take off everything that was sold out, there'd be little to show.

3. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

It's like that because it's advertising. Just because the website doesn't have a copy, doesn't mean you can't acquire it from say Music Direct, their owner. Not sure why you're even buying from them, though. Music Direct offers free shipping with a $49 order. If you're buying a $35 record from mofi.com, they will charge you almost $10 for shipping. I'd spend $5 more at musicdirect.com and get another record. You can search on price.

zphage likes this.
  4. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

If it’s still on the site, it probably means it will be repressed so they won’t want to remove it as they will most likely have a restock at some point…

5. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

Their site can be useful to see if something really is sold out or awaiting repress. Could make a big difference if you are looking at purchasing something on Discogs.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The listing for the home I'm sitting in right now is still on Zillow with an "Unavailable" banner, do I care ? Nope. It is what it is.

7. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

I tire of it too, OP.

Sold out doesn’t help me. Now, saying back ordered or awaiting repress gives me some info.

Sold out is useless info.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  8. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

Actually "Sold Out" is not useless info. It tells you they will not be producing any more. No more will be made.

ScramMan2, Dave and tmtomh like this.
  9. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

My point would be that they should yank the ad for that item since you can't buy it any longer.

Spitfire likes this.
  10. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

I agree. I don't see the point of including those. It might involve a more extensive edit to the web site than just marking them sold out. I don't know what the time frame is between something selling out and getting removed from the web page. There is one tho. A lot of stuff I purchased in the last year isn't showing up at all.

Chemguy likes this.
  11. TheOtherGalen

TheOtherGalen Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing "Sold Out" if MFSL's shop had a way to filter them from view like Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, Music Direct, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.