Audience Cable and SH Forums Fundraising-Raffle-Giveaway time! ALL IS WELL: DONATE NOW!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

We are trying something new this year. If you donate to the SH Forums, you will be eligible to enter our raffle and win Audience Au24 1.5 meters of RCA Interconnets and Audience 6 feet of mighty power cable.

Nine items to win, nine chances to win!!

The SH Forums, founded back in 2002 is considered by many the Greatest Music Forum Of Them All! Always Ad-free. Really, this is your forum, you pick the musical topics, you learn and share your knowledge with others.

As you know by now, it costs over $5,000.00 a year to keep this place running smoothly.

Since we do not have banner advertising (and never will although we've been asked; heck, many companies have BEGGED!) we need your assistance to keep this place banner ad free.

You can donate any amount, large or small (via PayPal) by clicking here:

Contribute/Subscribe

Advertisers are still licking their lips regarding this place and have been doing so for many years. I've always held them off; we get way over a million hits a month here and it has been noted out there in Internetland.

The volunteer moderators and I really appreciate all of your support. The SH Forums have really taken on a life of their own since the beginning of 2002. A giant swelling membership means the Forums have lost their intimacy of the early years but that is the only downside. Our wonderful moderators keep our Forums fun. It has been great for the last 19 years!

And now this year, I'd like to try something different. So, a little story:

Back in 2011 my stereo playback system sounded unhappy to me. I reached out for some help and the fine folk at Audience stepped up. They sent me their famous Au24 RCA interconnects, bi-wire speaker wire and power cords along with a killer-diller power conditioner. Enough to class up 4 stereo systems.

I used Audience for many years, enjoying every minute. When Audio Note of the United Kingdom came into my life in 2014 furnishing complete electronics and wire to match, I moved my Audience wire to my downstairs systems where they still hold sway over my VAC and some vintage gear.

But, still new, sealed in the boxes are plenty of Audience wire that I never used. I thought it would be a great idea to give it away in this fundraiser and also raise the Audience profile at the same time.

Their Au24 RCA interconnect sound is mighty, and delicate at the same time. A perfect balance (to me) of all that makes upscale wire worthwhile. Each pair of Audience RCA Au24 "E" costs over $1,800.00 a pair out there in the real world.

The Audience 6 foot "E" Powerchord is a low impedance design that has the ability to naturally reject noise and interference, and it also radiates much less energy. This improves performance and lowers the noise floor, allowing for superior reproduction of low level detail as well as dynamics. Don't believe me? Win a Powerchord and you'll see!

So, all of you, if you just have an integrated amp with a simple CD player or a giant playback system, this is your chance to discover a new flavor of goodness.

Donate to our 2021 SH Forums Fundraiser and you'll be on the list.

When we reach our $5,000.00 goal, the moderators will instruct the computer to pick 9 random winners among our contributors (including those who have donated last week) to receive the Audience Powerchord or Au "E" interconnects (stereo pair, 1.5 m long). 9 winners, maybe more, if I can get Audience to send me a few more samples of their great stuff.

Contribute/Subscribe

Please help us by donating now, this raffle will end September 30th.

THANK YOU, MEMBERS!

C72C0D20-3ADF-4774-8B73-A5DDBF4EEC4F.jpeg AD4DE0B3-D5D4-4F9B-8C47-90D354B9A90B.jpeg 088AEBEF-38ED-4415-BE56-CA0D0A6B293A.jpeg 692FAD80-9114-416B-9C59-7F0C3FFC17FD.jpeg 4D15CD77-0BA6-438A-B78E-84CA47F71768.jpeg

Dan Steele, rbichamp, roho and 28 others like this.
  2. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Frist!

:)

Happy to chip in. This is my favorite online place. Thanks Steve and Gorts for keeping it fun.

BTW nice paw model ya got there… cute!

3. Ray7027

Ray7027 Senior Member

Done.

4. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Pennslvania 2, rest of the world zero.

Step it up peeps :)

5. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura!

6. CDJones

CDJones Explorer of the fine aural experience.

Pockets lighter in New Jersey.

7. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Former Pennsylvanian and Ohioan.... now a Floridian (I just don't brag about it)
    DONE!!

Haggis Wampovich and pscreed like this.
  8. That's Mr. Foghat

That's Mr. Foghat Forum Resident

PayPal says "It's in the books"

9. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Thanks again to Steve and all the gorts for keeping it fun here!

HorseyAnn likes this.
  10. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

I 2nd that.

The only thing I wish to add is that dog he's showing us in the 1st post on this thread is so cute. I'd just love to stroke him/her.

joy stinson likes this.
  11. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

12. Steve Hoffman

10C03425-6965-4759-A5D6-064FEB04790F.jpeg
    That is little Luna, one of our six.

13. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

Aww! They're adorable. It looks like they get on so well together which is brilliant.

longdist01 likes this.
  14. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Donated! Thanks Steve for the forums and keeping them ad free

HorseyAnn likes this.
  15. todd141

todd141 Forum Resident

Donated. I love this site, and visit it every single day! THANKS!!

longdist01 and mrjinks like this.
  16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Done! Cable giveaway or not; this is a worthy cause!
    :wave:

longdist01 and HorseyAnn like this.
  17. Dartman

Dartman Stones Fan

I'm in

18. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Payment sent to my most visited and favorite site since 2003.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  19. Steve Hoffman

Thank you!

20. Steve Hoffman

Much appreciated.

jfeldt and hi_watt like this.
  21. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

Done. Thanks for everything!

HorseyAnn likes this.
  22. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

A BIG "Thank you!" to Steve and the Gorts for making the Steve Hoffman Forums so great!! Donation made!

boyo and HorseyAnn like this.
  23. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Once again Done and thank you! This was an unexpected and wonderful gesture. I had a feeling we were getting close to “that time” again.

24. japhyman

japhyman Forum Resident

Done. Thanks Steve, been on here 10 years now, all because I was curious and did some internet sleuthing one night as to why the Rhino Joni Mitchell Blue LP sounded so darn good….

RobCos02330 likes this.
  25. Steve Hoffman

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.