Bruce Springsteen No Nukes Concert to be released.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pacman68, Jul 17, 2021.

1. pacman68

pacman68 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Saw this on Blog it all night and thought I would post it here. I would much rather have TRACKS 2 . I guess they are waiting for 2024 for BITUSA box set.

Buckle up. The (at this point) unicorn Tracks 2 boxset may yet again be delayed for a different Bruce Springsteen project. Rumors are now flying around two Springsteen fan messaging boards (BTX and Hoffman) that Bruce Springsteen's camp is looking into releasing all of the songs that The E Street Band performed on September 21 and 22 of 1979. Springsteen hinted that there would be a big release coming later this year and it appears that this is what he was talking about according to recent rumors. Stan Goldstein also hinted that Tracks II is now paused via a Facebook post in a Springsteen fan group. Goldstein wrote: "According to some recent internet chatter and my own sources, the release from the vault Bruce hinted at on his E Street Radio interview last month is going to be video of all the songs the E Street Band did at the Sept. 21-22, 1979 No Nukes shows at Madison Square Garden. Not sure how they are releasing it and in what format. Also some have noticed that the audio from those shows, that had been released as part of the archive series a while back, is no longer available. Previously the only footage we have seen from No Nukes has been from the 1980 movie which had "The River," "Thunder Road" and parts of "Quarter to Three." Plus there were some other songs including "Rosalita" that circulated in the bootleg world. This means no Tracks II for now."

2. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Hmm. All still very much at the rumour mill stage I would say.

mr.dave and FourWalledWorld like this.
  3. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

I was told "artist's request" the audio was removed from the archive catalogue.
    There HAS to be some huge reason that they pulled the audio.

4. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Well, I am hopeful. Bit the bottom fell out of the market for stand alone music DVDs and blu-rays years back. Maybe a streaming service special?

Doggiedogma likes this.
  5. Markarrow

Markarrow Forum Resident

Call me whenPoco releases their set from the same run. :wiggle:

OK, just release the entire thing already! And that means the film and outakes.

The album was a life saver for me when I was living in Boston back in the early eighties. From The Doobie Brothers to Raydio and Gil Scott Heron, the flow of the original album seemed to be designed by an early seventies DJ.

(Goodness, what a legal nightmare today!)

supernaut, Fullbug, kwadguy and 4 others like this.
  6. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

This could be very cool.... I'd like to see the No Nukes and Concert For Kampuchea get proper dvd/bluray releases.
    The Springsteen set here could very well be added to my collection.

7. windfall

windfall Senior Member

8. blair207

blair207 Forum Resident

This should be really good. I’ve got the downloads and the performance is great.

Davido and blackstar like this.
  9. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Wonderful news! The footage is very well shot. This is going to look fantastic in HD.

I'd love to see a re-issue of the original movie too. Full sets from the other artists would also be a treat.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Great news and yes finally a concert on video from that period.

BDC and supernaut like this.
  11. hkam

hkam Forum Resident

12. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I recall that the original No Nukes film, which I saw twice in the theater, only had "The River" and the "Detroit Medley" as part of his performances. That's not to say there weren't other performances as part of his set.

13. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Yeah, this has been discussed on the Tracks 2 Springsteen thread, which was rumored to be happening last week. The insinuation is that this release is going to push back Tracks 2 further into its perpetual holding pattern. It is cool to have some vintage Springsteen concert footage restored, but Landau and Zimny are acting like this is a huge deal, when in reality, one suspects it will have only limited retail success regardless of how much hype surrounds it. This must be the "surprise" Springsteen alluded to a few months back.

BourbonAndVinyl likes this.
  14. Maxdriver

Maxdriver Forum Resident

Looking forward to this one!

15. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

From the movie:
    - The River
    - Thunder Road
    - Quarter To Three (2nd part of the song only)

From the soundtrack:
    - Stay (with Jackson Browne and Rosemary Butler)
    - Detroit Medley (edited)

Lewisboogie likes this.
  16. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

So....if the two nights are being edited together, was Bruce similarly attired on
    both evenings?

supernaut likes this.
  17. pacman68

pacman68 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Tracks 2 is on hold for a long time. Probably after his 2022 tour so I'm thinking maybe 2023 or 2024? Are we going to even get a BITUSA box set or Nebraska Boxset? I don't think The NO NUKES concert will sell. Pretty underwhelming if you ask me.

18. windfall

windfall Senior Member

It seems an odd choice, commercially speaking.

dee, chickendinna and Dr. Zoom like this.
  19. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Okay. I sit corrected.

Matthew Tate and Hooodo Man like this.
  20. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I bet BITUSA happens in 2024. It is Springsteen's biggest album, not his best, but his biggest and I cannot imagine Springsteen Inc. and Sony are going to let the 40th anniversary pass without doing something. Who knows what happens with Nebraska, perhaps it is tied to the BITUSA set, but I suspect Springsteen and Landau are going to want to ensure that it is celebrated on its own, don't be surprised to see an expanded release next year.

BDC and qtrules like this.
  21. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

I’m personally looking forward to this.
    But I doubt it will sell much at all.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    windfall likes this.
  22. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

No doubt since participants knew their performances were being filmed for a theatrical release.

Daryl M likes this.
  23. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Anyway, Bruce only had 1 shirt back then.

mikedifr0923, BDC, supernaut and 8 others like this.
  24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not impressed, rather disappointed

25. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

i saw bruce's first night. it was my first time seeing him. needless to say I was more than impressed.

BDC, supernaut and wayneklein like this.