Iron Maiden new album, "Senjutsu" - release date September 3, 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Kent, Jun 29, 2021.

1. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

2. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Be quick or be dead.

MYQ1, ChoonyFish, Purple and 3 others like this.
  3. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

The Hud, wdiv and Davidmk5 like this.
  4. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Me 2…..

tinnox likes this.
  5. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

You are certainly in the minority…..

Rockhead and CBackley like this.
  6. mikedifr0923

Nice ranking. Mine would probably be pretty damn close to this.

7. mikedifr0923

I think it’s a solid album. My issue with it is it doesn’t have those one or two standout amazing tracks. Fear of the Dark has the title track and I love Afraid to Shoot Strangers. Bring your Daughter, Tailgunner and title track are good, but I don’t think they match the standout tracks on the other albums

MechanicalAnimal6 and coffeetime like this.
  8. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I guess they won’t match the pre-order price guarantee so everyone can get it for $17.99. :D

CBackley likes this.
  9. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I listened to Fear of The Dark today and enjoyed the hell out of it. Underrated I say. I did notice side one seems stronger than side two except of course for the title cut.

Score17 and mikedifr0923 like this.
  10. wdiv

wdiv Forum Resident

11. samantas5855

samantas5855 Forum Resident

FOTD has killer songs and moodkiller songs
    Killer songs:
    Be Quick Or Be Dead
    Afraid to Shoot Strangers
    Childhoods end
    Wasting Love
    The Fugitive
    Judas Be My Guide
    Fear Of The Dark
    I also like the apparition btw
    Here are 8 songs, what should have been without the bloat. Classic imo
    Now if only we ever got to hear to these 4 rejected songs

12. D Grady

D Grady hundred watt plexi

I saw Iron Maiden live in Atlanta on this date two years ago. Lawn seats. They did not sound anywhere near a nostalgia band.

For twenty-five bucks I felt like a teenager for two plus hours. Priceless.

MYQ1, Rockhead, Gus Tomato and 9 others like this.
  13. samantas5855

samantas5855 Forum Resident

Saw them in Athens 2018, front row. It was beyond phenomenal. No band like Maiden live

Rockhead, coffeetime, Goldy and 4 others like this.
  14. sillycornelius

sillycornelius Forum Resident

Ha!

CBackley likes this.
  15. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

This album is a good thing, a band should do what they do make albums and perform.
    Many platinum bands of the 90's (late 80's too) had so little output, though lots to complain about.
    Bands like Maiden (and Motorhead were tops in working), I have high respect for, they work hard and don't take for granted any of their successes as well as they continue forward.

On a side note, for decades whenever I listen to TNOTB there are a handful of songs on that album I can (and do in my own mind) hear Paul Di'anno singing and working very well, no knock on Bruce in any way, and their are songs on that album of that wouldn't work without Bruce. By POM their is nothing that ever crossed my mind of anyone else than Bruce, and it's in my top 2 faves of the band, thought my faves are like a 1a. an 1b. I won't name the other.
    Anyway just an odd off topic thought about TNOTB I've had for many years.

Cheers, up the Irons :righton:

16. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Hmmm maybe Ill get to see them before I turn 50.

Purple likes this.
  17. In the studio tonight and we played the new Maiden song. Meh. The mix is pretty lackluster and so is Bruce's vocals. Has anybody noticed this?

We played the new tune through the studio monitors, and then played it back-to-back with a song from Fear of the Dark. "Be Quick Or Be Dead" sounds like a much more lively mix than the new track, "Writing on the Wall" DR8

"Senjutsu" DR11
    "Darkest Hour" DR12.

Is this some sort of miracle? :nyah:

Or it could be that Maiden are wiseing up like many bands are doing, where they know streaming services are going to cap the loudness anyway, so they might as well master with the dynamics intact. My only problem is that I don't like any of the songs so far. "Darkest Hour" is kind of cool.

JCRW and MikeManaic61 like this.
  18. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks for that info. I had no idea what "lenticular" meant so I had to look that up!! Think I understand it now, is that ribbed plastic stuff on top of artwork which makes it look different depending on what angle you look at it.

Please keep all the various exclusive info coming folks, I hate learning too late after that fact that some vendor has a version with exclusive extra tracks etc. So learning about all this stuff (like the wooden box from the fanclub) is very helpful in making buying decisions.

So far from what I can figure out there is no extra music on any of the various formats or exclusive offerings, and since the blu-ray is only the music video single & things related to that (making of the video or whatever) I have decided to just get the regular 2 CD version. The book versions are cool in a way but not essential for me, esp at twice the price of the regular CD. And all the swag in the SDE box are not worth all that $$ $$$ to me, I need the bucks for other SDEs that actually have extra musical content that I want (like the new Rory Gallagher 1st album SDE which is pretty expensive like this Maiden box is, but at least that gives you 4 CDs + a live DVD in addition to big photo book rather than a bunch of cards/posters/and a blu-ray of a music video that I could care less about).

I haven't seen anyone offering the album itself in a jewelcase though, just a digipack, but would not be surprised if one surfaced in all this from somewhere eventually.

19. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Senjutsu and Darkest Hour floating on Youtube are fakes.

EVOLVIST and Gus Tomato like this.
  20. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

Yes, there could well be a South American cd or Japan shm cd in a jewel case for this album.

slipkid likes this.
  21. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident

Brave New World = Masterpiece! One of greatest comeback albums EV

Gavaxeman, Purple, slipkid and 2 others like this.
  22. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Oh believe me, some of the fans have noticed the production. ;)

As for Maiden and the mastering of The Writing On The Wall they are still going to push things to the limit, streaming services be damned. Artists today are still pushing out slammed products to the market, the Streaming Services will add normalization to whatever is provided to adjust the songs to their set standard. So 'Senjutsu' will be released in the typical brick walled fashion and Spotify will apply Negative Gain to lower the levels to reach their -14 dB LUFS standard. The damage is already done, and the Normalization feature can be turned off for a majority of the Streaming services so you got the loudness back.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  23. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

How do you have access to tracks that haven't been officially released?

AngusStanley likes this.
  24. obi

obi Forum Resident

He doesn't

Nomadicarchivist likes this.
  25. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Can’t see any pre order option for uk yet?