Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Bigdz68

Bigdz68 Forum Resident

Some of us are still waiting on our Paul Simon to arrive.....

Elofan, bruinuclafan and this_machine like this.
  2. petzmark

petzmark Forum Resident

Where can i order "Son of?" This is the first I've heard about it.

3. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I pre-orderd it the same time I ordered Nilsson Schmilsson. For some reason they did not officially announce some of the 45's. Call MD and place it over the phone. At the time I placed it, they were offering 10% off, and even on the David Crosby Super Vinyl. This was around 4 months ago...I ordered around 7 or 8 titles including some One Steps at the same time.

Rocco1 likes this.
  4. brucej4

brucej4 Forum Resident

Titles that are "announced" in the annual catalog often don't get released for years. Dire Straits is a prime example.

Since the historical average has been around one One Step per quarter, even when pressing plants weren't as busy, most of the phone pre-order One Steps are likely at least a year away. The AP Kind Of Blue 45 UHQR will probably be out before most of them. Maybe they will do better, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

5. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Normal is subjective. We live in a new normal.

Geoffsterpiano and Jrr like this.
  6. teag

teag Forum Resident

Thanks Dad.

Geoffsterpiano likes this.
  7. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Nope, I'm old normal.

Tullman, Geoffsterpiano and teag like this.
  8. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

You Sir are a good Man and I honestly appreciate you.

Regarding Jeff Beck - Truth, AS has it available for pre-order now for those that don’t want to call MD:

Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment|Acoustic Sounds

and Mike from the in groove in yesterday’s video (around the 2:20 mark) stated that he is getting a small allotment next week so is not taking pre-orders but whatever doesn’t sell upon arrival day in store he will put up on his website.

On another note, not MoFi but it is a One Step, perhaps I should start a new thread? AS has the Musica Nuda one step for $49. This is the third pressing, first since 2019, each limited to 496. I first learned of this group when I purchased my B&W CM9 S2s and was using a Tidal MQA speaker testing tracks playlist, their version of Roxanne by the Police really got me. Some of the songs on this release are in all Italian. I have watched a review of the previous pressing and supposedly it is beyond top notch. Also in one of Chad’s videos he explains how he ordered it to make it available to his US customers. I know he is taking a lot of heat in the UHQR KoB thread but this shows he is dedicated to bring us the best sounding music out there even if it isn’t his.

Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment|Acoustic Sounds

I am a big fan of the stand up Bass

Roxanne

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Tullman and Rocco1 like this.
  9. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Received my copy of "Truth" today #257/5000 (of course only 4000) and really looking forward to listening to it later on. They are indeed still releasing the 45's as limited and Groovin' and Son Of will also be released as numbered and of a particular quantity. Apparently those are sold out as well, but I think anyone that talks to them on the phone could be told different as their staff does not seem to like giving to much info regarding upcoming releases. I was also told that they are limiting these to one copy per, based on what's happening on ebay in regards to "Truth".

Anyhow, I just ordered a copy from AS for a Xmas gift for one of my sons and they told me they are just about at their limit and will be sold out very soon. I would not hesitate on this one, this is Jeff Beck we are talking about!

Dmann201, Twinsfan007, LivLif and 3 others like this.
  10. Guildx500

Guildx500 Forum Resident

Ordered Son of from MD today. Phone rep didn’t know if it was limited to a number. Truth 45 was not available.

scotti likes this.
  11. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

just checked sold ebay listings for Truth and i'm pretty shocked at the prices already.. about $200 average give or take

12. Rocco1

Rocco1 Forum Resident

Pseudoty, thanks for posting the link for the Truth 45RPM from AS. Was able to get an order in along with the new Guthrie 5.1 SACD of Dark Side of The Moon.

Beach House and scotti like this.
  13. Guildx500

Guildx500 Forum Resident

The last few releases there seems to be a big spike in the market right after the title ships that gradually declines as more resellers (flippers if you prefer) get their hands on the title.

formu_la likes this.
  14. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Truth is SACD, correct?

15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Vinyl.

16. Guildx500

Guildx500 Forum Resident

They released SACD and vinyl on Truth.

17. breakingglass

yikes. how did I miss that. anyone have a line on any available vinyl?

18. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Acoustic Sounds has preorders if you hurry.

19. breakingglass

bummer - called AS and they said they’re only getting the SACD. called MD and they said they sold out yesterday.

20. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I found Diverse In UK had Truth up for preorder so must have some of their allocation left. Juno also listing but not taking pre orders on this. I just don't know why Mo-Fi are doing such limited runs still on these 45 rpm titles, which accounts for most of their new releases now. Just do 10K and don't make a big thing about how limited it is. Just creates a flippers market. Flipping isn't even a viable long term business model for an online occupation. This and RSD are fueling the fire. Someone needs to flood the market with long pressing runs to put a lid on this activity. I think some labels are more concerned with keeping inventory low rather than more sales over an extended period.

formu_la and breakingglass like this.
  21. Guildx500

Guildx500 Forum Resident

They had it this morning but seem to have sold out.

22. St. Matthew

St. Matthew Forum Resident

Who here thinks (hopes) we’ll get a Dark Side of the Moon One Step?

bmusic likes this.
  23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

24. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

I certainly wouldn't say one, OneStep per quarter. It's more like two a year. That's why it surprises me with these wish lists for OneSteps people come up with. Even the ones officially announced at the current rate, some would be many many years before release. And as I said in another post, if they started being cranked out faster, buyers would start to doubt the quality of them.

25. 2 per year? They’ve released three already in 2021 and it’s still July. We could see as many as 6 this year, though I think 5 is the safe bet.

scotti, Sneezyachew and bruinuclafan like this.