Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Well...by my count, MFSL has released 14 one steps since 2016. I'm pretty sure we'll see another one this year. So that is an average of 3 per year. Which is much better than the 1 per every two years for the UHQR AP releases.

Classicrock and Greenmonster2420 like this.
  2. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I didn’t realize there are that many

3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah, and some people have ordered two or more of each.

Fruff76 likes this.
  4. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

Just got an email from mofi. T shirts re-stocked, for a few minutes.

bigtail likes this.
  5. Yeah, but MFSL seemed to really start ramping up the One Steps in 2019, releasing 6 that year. Then COVID happened and 2020 only saw the Mingus. Now, it seems they are continuing where they left off in 2019, and my guess is that we see 5 or 6 this year, and a similar pace in the foreseeable future.

this_machine likes this.
  6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

14 have been submitted to Discogs.

UltraDisc One-Step

7. St. Matthew

St. Matthew Forum Resident

So what is the complete list of announced One Steps?

8. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Not sure I can shoutout any louder how "Truth" sounds. I was the ripe old age of 11 when I first got this incredible record. Ever so heavy on the "Blues" the soundstage on this is big time wide and if used to this in stereo, which I would believe most are, this is simply jaw dropping good. I paid $45 for this and it is easily on par with some of the One Steps I have in my collection. Jeff Beck's guitar the way it swirls around at times, WOW!

Another future release besides The Young Rascals and Son Of, that I'm looking forward to, is the Super Vinyl of The David Crosby...

9. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

10. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Most major retailers still have the Dylan in stock in Japan. I think (just speculating) that they imported a ton of these to coincide with Dylan's one month tour of Japan scheduled for April 2020. Because of the pandemic, the tour was cancelled, and most retailers have had to reduce prices (it also doesn't help that they list price in Japan for One Steps is generally over $200). Tower Records had them on sale for less than $100, so I picked up an extra copy.

11. Myke

I like that I'm listening to More Blood, More Tracks as I read these posts.

12. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

Does Trust have its own thread? I'm listening now. It's a little grainy, a little murky. Doesn't blow me away but I don't have another copy to compare it to.

13. Myke

14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I know he means Truth, but there is also Trust by Elvis Costello reissued by Mofi a few years ago.

15. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

Yes, my mistake.

(Although the MFSL Costello - Trust is an incredible release. The drums on New Lace Sleeves are incredible.)

16. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

Some information on The Truth:

MisterBritt, Tullman and Twinsfan007 like this.
  17. Bigdz68

Bigdz68 Forum Resident

I'm looking forward to an open preorder timeframe if what Mike says holds true. A lot easier than frantically rushing to checkout on Mofi or other distributors for smaller run releases.

18. Myke

Why the drama ? We call MD.

Rocco1 likes this.
  19. Bigdz68

Bigdz68 Forum Resident

For future releases though it will be nice to stop reading complaints about the secret phone ordering club. :bdance:

20. Myke

:laugh: secret.

Bigdz68 likes this.
  21. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Nothing will change. The people who do not take responsibility to keep up with MoFi's announced limited releases are the same ones that will panic and complain when MoFi takes them off the market after 3 years of availability. Every MoFi title that has been or will be released this year was announced last year in their catalog.

MWebb, Twinsfan007, markmck79 and 3 others like this.
  22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Not exactly the same thing. The clock starts ticking at the time the title is released. Not like it is now where a title is sold out before being released.

AFA and Whoopycat like this.
  23. Well many limited editions are sold out as pre orders. Before being released

24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I have not listened to "Eye In The Sky" for well over 25 years but went and pulled out my old copy earlier today and listened to a couple songs. This sounds like it could be cool as a 45, so I placed my pre-order this morning. I was told they have around 500 left before they stop taking orders for it before it's released.

I did not realize they were going to do One Steps of the Eagles titles. I rarely listen to them anymore because of just simply overplayed, but my particular favorite from them "Desperado" will be available for pre-order in a couple of weeks. Will be getting a copy of this classic.

djost, Twinsfan007, sonofjim and 4 others like this.
  25. Myke

So my 6th copy of Hotel California is on the horizon ( my roommate Nate Dogg can't believe it )

[​IMG]

Cassius, Elofan, Twinsfan007 and 8 others like this.