Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Limited budgets and procrastination play the largest role in waiting until they are no longer available to panic buy. MoFi may find that it takes them much longer to achieve the 4000 sold when not making them limited. There is always tomorrow or next Christmas when it can be a requested gift.
    And I don't need two of them now, I'll buy a second later. I suspect their sales will slow down once people realize that they now have years to buy it. I for one will not be as aggressive when they role over to time contracts that will be years long. Limited has made me jump when they say jump.
    I am back in command when the limits are removed. I'll call Music Direct just to make sure that my credit card is up to date because I may want to order something next year. Oh, and have a nice day guys.

Tullman likes this.
  2. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

I recall two released this year, BS&T and Paul Simon, what was the third?

3. Couldn’t Stand the Weather

4. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Missed the preorder for Truth, heck I don’t even remember getting any notice. I saw that Mofi posted yesterday on Facebook that the entire run has not been pressed yet. Called MD and they sold out, they would not take a back order, actually not very helpful. I was eventually able to place a preorder from Elusive Disc, they said they were expecting their allocation soon, hope it goes through.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    FashionBoy likes this.
  5. thecomposer10

thecomposer10 Forum Resident

Missed the boat on the Dylan BOTT from two years ago but managed to grab one this morning from HMV Japan for about $126 USD. For those who are still looking, the Japanese sites seem to have a lot of MFSL pressings that are out of stock or OOP here, and some of it isn’t insanely marked up.

Nephrodoc likes this.
  6. jslcaballo

jslcaballo Oh the ritual when I lay down your crooked arm

How were you able to get it for that price? Do you have a link? Seeing higher price than that on their site. Thanks!

7. thecomposer10

Great question because I am not sure either. I believe they are having a 20% off sale if you buy 2 or more “import” LP’s. I got BOTT as well as MoFi pressings of Love and Theft and Oh Mercy, which made the 20% discount kick in. Once I checked out and put in an international address, the VAT that they charge on domestic purchases got deducted, knocking the price down to around ¥14000, which is $126.

Cassius, this_machine and jslcaballo like this.
  8. St. Matthew

St. Matthew Forum Resident

BOTT isn’t even listed as far as I can tell.

9. thecomposer10

grx8, this_machine and St. Matthew like this.
  10. jslcaballo

jslcaballo Oh the ritual when I lay down your crooked arm

Blood On The Tracks

Got the same deal. Had to find another import I wanted and it bumped down to about ¥14000. Shipping was about $20

thecomposer10 and this_machine like this.
  11. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Desperado available for preorder in a couple weeks? Will this be an UD1S or a regular 2 x 45? I’d almost prefer the later. Either way I guess I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.

12. St. Matthew

St. Matthew Forum Resident

Thanks!

13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

So, Music Direct took your order for the Hotel California one step? I called last week and was told I couldn't order yet.

14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Not for time limit licenses. They won't be limited until the time expires for the license. So, if the title expires in two years they can keep on pressing after the release date, not to mention pre-orders will be unlimited.

CBackley and Mazzy like this.
  15. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Wait is Hotel California one of the 1-Steps? I only saw S/T and Desperado...

16. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I’m eagerly awaiting From Elvis in Memphis.

Have the Bitches Brew preorders closed already?

this_machine likes this.
  17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

When I read this, I took it to mean all the Eagles' titles...

which was why I posted that.

And so my misinterpretation grew into confusion. I still have no idea how many Eagles albums are scheduled, as I never received a catalog.

18. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Could someone post a recap of announced One Steps? I think I fell behind.

this_machine likes this.
  19. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

There are more that others can add. I don’t know if these numbers have been assigned yet (13,15,17-19, 22) but here are the 3 announced that I ordered:

Eric Clapton - Unplugged (Lmt Ed UltraDisc One-Step 45rpm Vinyl 2LP Box Set)
    LMFUD1S020
    Backordered 1 $124.99
    Crosby, Stills and Nash - Crosby, Stills and Nash (Lm Ed UltraDisc One-Step 45rpm Vinyl 2LP Box Set)
    LMFUD1S021
    Backordered 1 $124.99
    Muddy Waters - Folk Singer (Lmt Ed UltraDisc One-Step 45rpm Vinyl 2LP Box Set)
    LMFUD1S023

Also Tapestry is 30?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

MFSL Eagles titles are not in the catalog.

21. Myke

Then I damn sure don't know because I don't follow every post here. So the entire Eagles canon is scheduled then ?

this_machine likes this.
  22. this_machine

this_machine Forum Resident

I’m hoping they release nothing but Eagles titles for all of 2022.

Myke likes this.
  23. Myke

I'm happy with the Bernie Grundmans. Only Hotel California that I must hear every version of before I die. No longer matters if I keep them, or sell them, I must hear them all.
    When Acoustic Sounds sent me the Kevin Gray instead of the Grundman I ordered, I immediately ordered the Grundman again, even though they were willing to swap because they thought they were sold out of KGs.
    The DCC.
    The DVD-A.
    Goes beyond "favorite" same as Who's Next.

timzigs and dkurtis like this.
  24. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

:edthumbs: Who's Next is great

But to keep the thread focused, maybe I should say .....uhm..... What's Next?

Myke likes this.
  25. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

Your dog looks ready to Regulate.

Fruff76 and Myke like this.